Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption (2054 Views)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / Rust-bucket Honda Accord 98 / My Toyota Camry Engine Excessive Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption by demmyzone(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Please i need help on this,my Honda accord 98 is consuming fuel abnormally,i cant remember when the problem started but, i know that the thermostat was removed like 5months ago after i had engine overheating with burnt gasket,one of my nozzles was also affected but the mechanic was able to flush it(could this mean the nozzle is bad?),i also noticed that d catalytic converter has been removed but have replaced it; though with Hyundai converter without sensor(could this be d problem?),because i didn't get for Honda.
have gone for scanning and d coded generated was
P0141
P0325
PLS I NEED HELP BEFORE GOING TO D MECHANICS AGAIN,BECAUSE I HAVE WASTED A LOT ON THESE,AND CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD MECHANIC TO ME IN MINNA,NIGER STATE.THANKS
Re: Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
demmyzone:
Please i need help on this,my Honda accord 98 is consuming fuel abnormally,i cant remember when the problem started but, i know that the thermostat was removed like 5months ago after i had engine overheating with burnt gasket,one of my nozzles was also affected but the mechanic was able to flush it(could this mean the nozzle is bad?),i also noticed that d catalytic converter has been removed but have replaced it; though with Hyundai converter without sensor(could this be d problem?),because i didn't get for Honda.
have gone for scanning and d coded generated was
P0141
P0325
PLS I NEED HELP BEFORE GOING TO D MECHANICS AGAIN,BECAUSE I HAVE WASTED A LOT ON THESE,AND CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD MECHANIC TO ME IN MINNA,NIGER STATE.THANKS

P0141 oxygen sensor under the vehicle is faulty or harness not connected

P0325
Knock sensor faulty or harnes not connected.

Return your thermostat if it is still ok, or buy a good one and fix back.
Re: Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption by demmyzone(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
THE NEW CONVERTER INSTALLED DOES NOT HAVE AN OXYGEN SENSOR,IT WAS HYUNDAI'S.
Re: Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption by mayor2013: 5:06am On Oct 07, 2014
Hyundai catalytic converter on a honda shocked our road side mechanics are doing wonderfully well anyways. grin even though it worked go get those missing oxygen sensors unless you would love to remit more than enough cash for fuel to our filling stations grin o better still the one that would fit for your honda
Re: Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Oct 07, 2014
demmyzone:
THE NEW CONVERTER INSTALLED DOES NOT HAVE AN OXYGEN SENSOR,IT WAS HYUNDAI'S.

Revert to the original specifications, or stop complaining.
Re: Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption by battyman(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
Go to Akeem at eastern by-pass. Thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

How To Clear Abs Light On My 2006 Toyota Avensis Dashboard / Konga Is Now Selling Cars Online (even With Pay On Delivery) / Display Unit Creader-v Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.