Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,274 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:40 PM

Getting Engaged @19 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Engaged @19 (7250 Views)

Some Things You Need To Know About Your Partner Before Getting Engaged! / The Fear Of Getting Engaged... / Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
hello everyone on here...
Please I needyour candid advice.
I and my bf have been together for a year+ and he is so convinced I'm gonna be the mother of his kids, he tells me that all the time.
Recently he bought an engagement.. He wants to take me to his parent, he wants us engaged!
I really I'm confused. I can't even tell my parent. I love him but I don't. Know if I want this.... I'm just 19 and he's 22.. I don't know what to do....
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Smart dude.
It's either of two things:

1) He really wants you and wants to prove it to you.
2) He needs a ticket to slide your strings to the side if you guys haven't done it yet.

For real though, if not for the nation and the African continent that we are, I would have said you guys are good to go.
... But at your ages, you guys need your parents approval for a life time decision as this.
If I say chill, be patient, "don't do it" etc, I could be thwarting your future or destiny because who knows if you guys were meant to be.

It's not wrong girl to speak with your parents (mum or dad) at this point. That is if it is as serious as you painted it anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
I don't see anything bad in this.

The timing is totally wrong tho.
U might not really term it 'engagement' ring. Can be a 'Love Assurance' ring.

Keeps reminding u two of love u have for each other.

Later on, he can then propose to you and give u the engagement ring.

Just my own opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by 1one: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tswaggs1:
I and my bf have been together for a year+ and he is so convinced I'm gonna be the mother of his kids, he tells me that all the time.
Recently he bought an engagement.. He wants to take me to his parent, he wants us engaged!
I really I'm confused. I can't even tell my parent. I love him but I don't. Know if I want this.... I'm just 19 and he's 22.. I don't know what to do....

Are you Nigerian.?

3 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hmmm
Just Don't rush in and later rush out...
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Harmthe(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
no big deal
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by happiclox: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Sorry he doesn't want u 2 enjoy ur youth @op embarassedSorry he doesn't want u 2 enjoy ur youth @op
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by bigwallace(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
I feel u guyss shud take tins easy nd take tym out to study eachoda!!dnt rush tins oooooo

3 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by happyjuliet(f): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Babe take tins easy u guys are till very much young, is either d 2 ways deceiving u or his serious about u. But don't put ur hopes up oooh. I was once engage wen I was (15yrs) were did in lead me no where. So GF be wise.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
As bigwallace rightly pointed out, you two shouldn't be in a rush. Moreover, at your ages, I feel you two should be more concerned with your studies rather than "sweet talk". What makes you think he is so convinced that you'd be the mother of his kids? By word of mouth? Little do you know that the trend of "taking ladies home to mama" these days, is fast becoming a "format" and may in some cases, be construed as a sign of desperation. So, take time to figure out your life's direction (with God's guidance), garner the necessary skill sets and knowledge and do maintain your friendship with the young chap. If you're meant to be, time will tell and nothing's going to change that, come what may. Keep in mind that in this day and age, there are so many weddings but few marriages. Cheerio!

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by valmunich(m): 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
If he's got a good source of income to take care of the family and the love is there, Go ahead then!

Buh the timing tho' embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MarshRiley(m): 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
My dear,tell him to finish his school,get a job and get a life then he can come back....what?you are 19 and he's 22?
Rubbish...please focus on school and your future....better things are ahead of you
Just what I'll tell my younger sister tho
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Crocz(m): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
In this kind of situation, in where I come from, we usually ask Ifa...that dude is like the Know-All!...he's incredibly accurate and sh*t, he doesn't collect goats and palm oil...only a cowry, poor dude cry ...it's not even in use as a means of exchange no more cry

And hey, I mean those sh*t up there
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by MisterLongman(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
One step at a time
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by PAnaceA7(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Make una pass jamb 1st... Engagement my ass
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
1one:

Are you Nigerian.?
Yeah I'm a Nigerian
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by boombay(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
op trust me the boy loves you so much buh you just have to be careful...
but vhiz things are not new over here in france because i schooled in france undecided
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
PAnaceA7:
Make una pass jamb 1st... Engagement my ass
He's a graduate and I'm in my 200l
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by 1one: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tswaggs1:

Yeah I'm a Nigerian

I was asking because getting married at such an age is not exactly "Nigerianish", it's not like you should cower under any social or societal stereotype concerning when to marry or not though.,the most important thing is getting married for the right reasons...

Modified:My Internet speed is too fast, mistakenly pressed submit even though I'd not finished and before I could cancel it, it had already derived grin

Continuation down the thread.

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by kay29000(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
happyjuliet:
Babe take tins easy u guys are till very much young, is either d 2 ways deceiving u or his serious about u. But don't put ur hopes up oooh. I was once engage wen I was (15yrs) were did in lead me no where. So GF be wise.

You were once engaged at 15? Tell me something. Was it "mummy and daddy" play you are talking about?
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
NairaMode:
Smart dude.
It's either of two things:

1) He really wants you and wants to prove it to you.
2) He needs a ticket to slide your strings to the side if you guys haven't done it yet.

For real though, if not for the nation and the African continent that we are, I would have said you guys are good to go.
... But at your ages, you guys need your parents approval for a life time decision as this.
If I say chill, be patient, "don't do it" etc, I could be thwarting your future or destiny because who knows if you guys were meant to be.

It's not wrong girl to speak with your parents (mum or dad) at this point. That is if it is as serious as you painted it anyway.
My parent would totally disagree no point telling them.. And we done it severally@ur no2
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by kay29000(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think you should take it slow a bit...you are still young and got a lot ahead of you.
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by 1one: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tswaggs1:

Yeah I'm a Nigerian

I was asking because getting married at such an age is not exactly "Nigerianish", it's not like you should cower under any social or societal stereotype concerning when to marry or not though.,the most important thing is getting married for the right reasons.

Personally I feel there's still so much about even yourself that you're yet to know, your interests, your likes, your motivations at this age are still very malleable and flexible and as such, you may find out that at 25years of age, he may not be the type of guy that, that 25year old "already formed" woman in you would have loved to settle down with.

This is love... and if it's truly love that he feels for you, what's the rush,.. Love doesn't rush... Love is intense but at the same time calm, gentle and mature.. Love is not impulsive...You need to share more of yourselves together (not referring to sex), get to know each other better, get to know if he fits into what /where you ultimately see yourself becoming and heading in life.

Summarily, it's your choice, but since you've asked for our opinion, I'd say you should give the relationship more time.. At least till when you're 23.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by tosyne2much(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
End time boyfriend.. This is 21st century. I'm not in any way saying he doesn't love you but when a guy of 22yrs tells you he wants to mary you now, you have to be very careful.. This sounds like a joke but take my words by your right hand
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by boombay(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
op,so the boy don enter your well... Seriously 19yrs and you've Done it severally and m sure he is not the first.... op in one word...

you are a wh0re lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Funke4Jesuss(f): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
boombay:
op,so the boy don enter your well... Seriously 19yrs and you've Done it severally and m sure he is not the first.... op in one word...

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
boombay:

dat was rude and unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Funke4Jesuss(f): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tswaggs1:

My parent would totally disagree no point telling them.. And we done it severally@ur no2
You are a disappointment to your parents. They are striving hard to train u up to become a responsible person, while u are busy having s.ex about.
U ARE A LOST CAUSE

2 Likes

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Joslyn(f): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
kay29000:

You were once engaged at 15? Tell me something. Was it "mummy and daddy" play you are talking about?
LMAO...guy you are funny

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by jaydee87(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

You are a disappointment to your parents. They are striving hard to train u up to become a responsible person, while u are busy having s.ex about.
U ARE A LOST CAUSE
@funke stop acting all saint here, Abeg can u tell me categorically that u've not had sex? @op Dont mind ppl saying u did it severally to me doing it is not a problem and at 19 u old enuf to have sex cos the standard age is 18 cos @18 u an adult... but to the issue on ground, think u shud give him some time to decide again cos rushing in might lead to rushing out and Dont make a silly mistake by getting pregnant for him cos I know that will be the only way u both can get married at that age..... and most marriages built on that are short lived. whicheva way be wise cos only u can decide ur fate, we can only advice u...

1 Like

Re: Getting Engaged @19 by jaydee87(m): 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
boombay:

@ Bombay wen was ur first time that um calling someone a LovePeddler, cos she said she had sex are u Jesus to judge her or the attorney general of Nigeria, she is being sincere. am sure u did worse than her at that age... u no holy pass
Re: Getting Engaged @19 by Rooneyboy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tswaggs1:

Two kids talking about love and engagement .
very laughable .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: 9ja Made hoverboard / Why Do These Set Of Girls Find Me Attractive ? / My Girl Is Not A Virgin. Should I Forgive Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.