Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. (35766 Views)

DIY (DO-IT-YOURSELF) ABSOLUTELY FREE VIN CHECK / Changing Power Steering Seals DIY Style On 2003 Accord (pics!!!) / Coolant Drain, Flush And Refill, DIY On 2003 Honda Accord (with Pics!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
One more very important tool which none of us has listed yet...Can you guess

[size=16pt]YouTube DIY videos[/size]

They have been amazing for me!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

Exactly and I think the intent of the thread.

Small tools for small jobs, big tools for big jobs. Many people end up in emergency room because they used inadequate tools for the job.

Nothing beats having the proper tool for the job at hand.

True talk. Nothing more disgraceful than abandoning a DIY escapade already under-way and surrendering to your mechanic because you just discover you don't have the tool to finish up angry cheesy
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
Piyke:

True talk. Nothing more disgraceful than abandoning a DIY escapade already under-way and surrendering to your mechanic because you just discover you don't have the tool to finish up angry cheesy

Trust me, been there done that in the beginning with the improper tools. Over here we can rent tools for free from auto parts store too.

The realm of tasks I take on also dictates that I collect tools. I don't just do oil changes, brake jobs, etc I install V8 engines in cars that came with 4 cylinder engines, timing belt jobs, engine rebuilds, transmission rebuilds, creating new wiring harnesses, lowering suspensions, modifying brakes from higher performance cars into regular cars, restoring old classic cars,etc

4 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Piyke:
One more very important tool which none of us has listed yet...Can you guess

[size=16pt]YouTube DIY videos[/size]

They have been amazing for me!

I replaced the cylinder head on one of my MR2s and when it came to setting the camshafts to the crankshaft I was lost. I was doing an all nighter too so I popped on YouTUbe at 2AM and watched a video.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by uboma(m): 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

Trust me, been there done that in the beginning with the improper tools. Over here we can rent tools for free from auto parts store too.

The realm of tasks I take on also dictates that I collect tools. I don't just do oil changes, brake jobs, etc I install V8 engines in cars that came with 4 cylinder engines, timing belt jobs, engine rebuilds, transmission rebuilds, creating new wiring harnesses, lowering suspensions, modifying brakes from higher performance cars into regular cars, restoring old classic cars,etc

Permit me Sir, but where and how did you learn all these skills? You are not in the field of mechanical engineering, are you?

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
uboma:

Permit me Sir, but where and how did you learn all these skills? You are not in the field of mechanical engineering, are you?

Necessity, as they say Sir, is the mother of invention. No mechanical schooling of any sort. I'm an IT professional but I have always believed that we as human beings with our gift of opposable thumbs just need to apply ourselves sometimes.

So with books, tools and being attentive when more seasoned folks I have managed to learn quite a bit.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Ngutor(m): 1:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Piyke:
My handy Haynes manual...
Bro Please how did you source for this?
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by talk2odim: 5:36am On Oct 12, 2014
CityNG:
My crane as promised earlier.

All my heavy duty equipment are in red.
Chief there is a red bicycle in the background. Abi dat one too na heavy equipment...lol. But seriously those are some heavy artilery.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by chukel(m): 5:45am On Oct 12, 2014
Ngutor:

Bro Please how did you source for this?
u can order it on Amazon. It's about $17. I got that of highlander there.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by uboma(m): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
CityNG:

Necessity, as they say Sir, is the mother of invention. No mechanical schooling of any sort. I'm an IT professional but I have always believed that we as human beings with our gift of opposable thumbs just need to apply ourselves sometimes.

So with books, tools and being attentive when more seasoned folks I have managed to learn quite a bit.

Hmmm. Nothing is impossible if one is determined... I admire your skills on automobile.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by yungboss(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Great photos...i commend you guys

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by yungboss(m): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
CityNG:

bros, when I grow up I want to be like you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Kashif(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
I guess Siena should just pass some comments, as he is NOT 'qualified' to post his tools' pictures here. CityNG has done enough decimation! grin

3 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by erico2k2(m): 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kashif:
I guess Siena should just pass some comments, as he is NOT 'qualified' to post his tools' pictures here. CityNG has done enough decimation! grin
Seina has an Auto mobile Assembly plant not DIY tools hence he is not allowed to post here that na cheating grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2014
CityNG:

Your library is even more impressive than the tools!!! shocked shocked shocked

Between the Haynes and Chilton manuals, which would you say has more illustrations. Can you do a one or 2 sentence review on the 2 manuals?

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
Piyke:

Your library is even more impressive than the tools!!! shocked shocked shocked

Between the Haynes and Chilton manuals, which would you say has more illustrations. Can you do a one or 2 sentence review on the 2 manuals?

It's a situation of 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

They'll both get you through the work. What I use them for are specs like measurements and volumes.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 14, 2014
Just a couple more to tip into the abyss and really infuriate the one or two people who doesn't appreciate my collection grin

Pic #1: 500 watts each so both put out 1,000 watts. I can work well into the night and feel like it's daylight in my garage.

Pic #2: For the quick inflation of tires, starting a car with low battery, charging a cellphone (110volts) on the road or track, etc very useful little bugger.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Got this recently called a jam-nut tool. I would recommend this for valve clearance adjustments, makes it easier to loosen/tighten the locknut while ensuring that the adjusted valve remains at the set clearance. For the 2003-2007 Accord it really makes it easier as the railing for the injectors get in the way when trying to use a spanner

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2015
Thanks mod for helping, the spam bot had been banning me each time I attach the pic.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 01, 2016
Diy stuffs are nice, cus u get to explore how to make stuffs yourself.

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
Resurecting dead threads. So siena no gree come here abi. btw, i see cityng is not available. What is his new moniker? thats if he is still visiting this forum.

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Macmilla(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
I wanted to show the 4 pieces of spanner and screw driver I carry around, but I think I should just respect myself and shut up. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 2:46pm On May 25, 2017
Removing cobwebs...

Got this new compression gauge. I've always wanted to add this to my collection.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by sonety2k(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2017
cool
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by tsiriman(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2017
One of my tools, the rest are scanners, sockets and screws.

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by chukel(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2017
Piyke:
Removing cobwebs...

Got this new compression gauge. I've always wanted to add this to my collection.
this is impressive. This is for cylinder compression test. When I have need for compression test, I will stroll to your place.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 2:16pm On May 26, 2017
chukel:
this is impressive. This is for cylinder compression test. When I have need for compression test, I will stroll to your place.

You are welcome bro
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 27, 2017
What is a thread from 2014 doing on the frontpage?
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by haywire1: 7:41am On May 27, 2017
trustyshoess:
What is a thread from 2014 doing on the frontpage?

Today is children's day so mods children are in charge of operation today grin.. Lala's child brought it to front page grin ..

#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 7:45am On May 27, 2017
Resurecting dead threads. So siena no gree come here abi. btw, i see cityng is not available. What is his new moniker? thats if he is still visiting this forum.

CityNG is EgunMogaji oko Silifa olobe didun.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 27, 2017
Piyke:
Removing cobwebs...

Good one.

To get accurate readings you need to critically follow the procedure.

I've had a friend rebuild an engine thinking it had low compression when it didn't
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by sisisioge: 7:57am On May 27, 2017
Eeeewe! This dude is an ultra modern auto workshop mehn! Make I carry my tools return back on top cupboard! When elephant tucks are on display, me snail berra hide grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / KIA Motors Unveils Multi Billion Naira Plant (25,000 Cars/year) In Lagos / The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.