Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,319 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight (4628 Views)

These 17 Funny Photos Tell The Story Of Every Jamb Exam Gone Wrong / Nigerian Girl Who Speaks 5 Foreign Languages At 22 / Photo Of Girl Who Sells Groundnut By Road Side Doing Her Home Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by oluwadanie1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
This a story of a noble Abuja-based girl Anna James, whose life changed for the better overnight.

Anna’s life

Last week, Leadership Sunday featured the story of Anna James, the struggling youth who sells snacks at the Utako market in Abuja to make a living while saving up money that will enable her pursue her dream of studying microbiology at the university.

While the story was written to portray the life of a struggling girl who would rather sell snacks than bend her back to the degradation that some girls would rather choose, fortune smiled at Anna James, when the director general of National Orientation Agency (NOA) became interested in her story.

The DG, Omeri Mike, one of those given the national honour by President Goodluck Jonathan as the Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR), said he got interested in Anna’s story because it portrayed the value of dignity in labour, the value that brought him to the position he is at the moment.

Thankful for the honour he received, he decided to honour Anna James for portraying the value of dignity in labour.

The DG at a reception to mark the celebration of his award in Abuja on Monday, September 29, 2014 spoke well of Anna and narrated her story to the hearing of the dignitaries who graced the occasion.

He made a donation of N200,000 to Anna for her to process with her admission and go back to school. Also, the Minister of State for Power, Alhaji Mohammed Wakil, supported the donation with N300,000, while two other people donated N200,000 and N300,000 respectively, cumulating into one million naira that Anna received.

And so, Anna James’ story changed from that of a common snacks seller to a millionaire overnight.

Anna said she got a call on Sunday evening after the story was published to attend a function as a special guest to the DG-NOA and while she was scared at first to attend, she honoured the invitation, adding that at the event, she was given a special seat and treated like a VIP.

When asked how she felt about the honour and the donations, she could not hold back her joy and excitement, as she prayed that God will bless the DG and all those who contributed to making her life a better one.
http://leadership.ng/news/386132/snacks-seller-turns-millionaire-overnight

http://acadablog.com/story-of-hardworking-abuja-girl-who-became-millionaire-overnight/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Runz girls are running out of the thread like it's Ebolacious

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Harmthe(m): 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
hnmmmm nd were is d story whereshe makes it or

is dis still d making
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by oluwaiffymi(f): 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
And here's the reward of hard work.

#teamhardworkinggirls

1 Like

Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hustling pays.

Hustle,respect.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by bunmioguns(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
oluwaiffymi:

#teamhardworkinggirls

Love your curves and your edges

No be me talk am o, just mimicking John legend
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by oluwadanie1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Harmthe:
hnmmmm nd were is d story whereshe makes it or

is dis still d making

Check the link bro
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
undecided
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by ijechikky(f): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Like seriously
Well,myself I work and still go to skool
Sequel 2hardwork & dignity smiley smiley
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Space not for sale. Beware of 419 and 5 2 10
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by akposking(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
rapsodeep:
Space not for sale. Beware of 419 and 5 2 10
So even u da book space for nairaland as big as u are.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by kay29000(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Like Nas said..."You can turn nothing into something; that's God's work. And you get nothing without struggle and hardwork."

4 Likes

Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Geenet: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
Making sense
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by kalufelix(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dis one dey sound me lyk dos 9ja film
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
akposking:
So even u da book space for nairaland as big as u are.

am actually seeking attention, nothing more. Been a while since i made a comment
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by s3nn2x(m): 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
How did she become a millionaire?
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by oluwadanie1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
s3nn2x:
How did she become a millionaire?

Read the full story sir
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by duni04(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Lacomus:
Runz girls are running out of the thread like it's Ebolacious
grin
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by tbaby534(f): 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Her ability to save is what made her stand out. Not like what most people do, sell 2 chop 1
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by vincent561(m): 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hardwork pays!.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Mclick(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
I still can't see how she became a millionaire over night. Op you didn't give detail

1 Like

Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Malcolmx12: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Anna’s life It all started with a report in Leadership
newspaper, telling about the girl selling snacks in
Utako market of the country capital.
Anna was struggling for survival and at the same
time was saving up money to make her dream
come true: to become a microbiology student at the university. The 22-year-old girl preferred to follow the path
of honor by working hard no matter how
humble the starting point was. The beautiful
female did not consider the way of degradation,
taking poverty as an excuse. After several failed attempts to find a job, the girl
engaged into making snacks by herself and
selling them, for which she first borrowed N10,
000 as a start capital. Doing all by herself, Anna
had only several hours for sleep per day to keep
the business afloat. Regarding her earnings, the young hard worker
managed to save up to N 18,000 monthly, which
amount she deposited in a bank. By saving
money Anna wanted to continue education and
to be able to support her parents, both suffering
from bad health conditions. Accepting life as it is, the girl refused to search for
“easy money” saying: “I will never sell my body for any favour. If that’s
what it has to take to make it, I can’t do it and
that is why I started this small business.” When asked to give advice to her peers
experiencing hardships, Anna recommended
them to understand the value of dignity in labour
and create legal job opportunities for themselves. Reactions to Anna’s story Fortune smiled at Anna James through
the director general of National Orientation
Agency (NOA) Omeri Mike, who could not stay
indifferent to her story. Impressed the girl’s attitude, Omeri decided to
honour Anna for portraying the value of dignity
in labour. At the occasion dedicated to celebration of
the award recently granted to him by President
Goodluck Jonathan, Omeri spoke about Anna
recognizing her achievement at the hearing of the
dignitaries who graced the event. He donated N200,000 to Anna for her to go back
to school. Additionally, the Minister of State for
Power Alhaji Mohammed Wakil contributed to the
donation with N300,000 amount, two more
people donated N200,000 and N300,000, making
the total sum of one million naira. The girl received a call a week after her initial
story had been published, she was invited to
attend a function as a special guest to the DG-
NOA, where she confessed she was treated like a
special guest. Upon hearing about honours and the donations,
Anna could not control her emotions and she
kept praying that God would bless Omeri and all
those who helped to make her dream come true.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by fr3do(m): 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
bunmioguns:

Love your curves and your edges

No be me talk am o, just mimicking John legend

Can't a man just comment on the issue being discussed and just relax?
undecided
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by s3nn2x(m): 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Na wa oooo. So the op wanted to deceive us. The girl did not become a millionaire through the business. She was given the money. I wonder why the Op could not post the full info here. Just wanted people to visit his blog to read a story that is not originally his.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Mujinho4b(m): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Lucky Gurl.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by oluwadanie1(m): 12:15am On Oct 07, 2014
s3nn2x:
Na wa oooo. So the op wanted to deceive us. The girl did not become a millionaire through the business. She was given the money. I wonder why the Op could not post the full info here. Just wanted people to visit his blog to read a story that is not originally his.

Am very sorry about that, I didn't really mean to mislead anybody concerning the story.
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by rattlesnake(m): 12:16am On Oct 07, 2014
magic

i didnt read this story ooo
but am commenting

THATS Genuis of me wink
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 07, 2014
oluwaiffymi:

#teamhardworkinggirls

wow.... u lk swt 2 fk
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by naijaboiy: 1:41am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by naijaboiy: 1:44am On Oct 07, 2014
teemahbanks:
For cakes and chops for any occasion contact us at cream 'n' cakes(BEC) on 7a8af14......yummy
Don't worry,,you shall make it like Anna grin

Somborri shout Alleluia cheesy

1 Like

Re: Story Of Hardworking Abuja Girl Who Became Millionaire Overnight by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 07, 2014
Runs girl, nothing more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nasa Confirms Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2016 / Entry Opens For 2019 Nigerian Film Corporation Yearly Film Essay Contest / Beauty With Brains! Meet Faith, Anambra State University Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.