Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (35644 Views)

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce / DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
Considering the economy of this country including the population, how many children is advisable for an average couple to have...?
for me ,3kids is just too OK

let's hear from u guys

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
I'll go with two

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Jakeattah(m): 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
It depends on the income of the family..

For me if you can't take care and provide your kids the basic things like an education, proper shelter and good clothes, always wear condom. So that you don't even mistakenly bring a child to suffer

But for me, 4 will do

23 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
MarthaK:
I'll go with two
irrespective of their gender I guess

9 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gloria3389:

irrespective of their gender I guess
no... Every married couple dream of having male and female kids...
If only one could choose her children's gender before they're born.
Most couple end up having 6 kids because they're looking for a particular gender be it male or female.
Nigerians!

4 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Kirinwa: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gloria3389:
Considering the economy of this country including the population, how many children is advisable for an average couple to have...?
for me ,3kids is just too OK

let's hear from u guys

Children are heritage of the lord. He gives, we are but caregivers.
I think 5 is okay for now.

8 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Kookny(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
I'll like to have three kids: two males and one female grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by jideomowunmi(f): 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think 3 is perfect...

5 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by chidere: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think 4 is OK

5 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
MarthaK:
no... Every married couple dream of having male and female kids...
If only one could choose her children's gender before they're born.
Most couple end up having 6 kids because they're looking for a particular gender be it male or female.
Nigerians!
lolzx.... child is child be it male or female....

wow!! I made front page.....

13 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kookny:
I'll like to have three kids: two males and one female grin
man proposes.....lolz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:

shockedshockedshocked....Sorry are u an Ibo ?

20 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by constance500: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
25 is OK cheesy

Back to thread.. I'll go with 3

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Kookny(m): 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gloria3389:

man proposes.....lolz

God disposes... lols

3 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Karleb(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:

shocked shocked shocked

are you serious!

considering the economy of Nigeria and what the pikin go chop and wear, school fees nko?

for me, have two first then the last one should be the last knight. wink

9 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
constance500:
25 is OK cheesy

Back to thread.. I'll go with 3
when I saw 25 I was like shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
only u go form 2 football teams (maybe asernal and Chelsea.. lolz)...the two team go even get coach from your pikin(arsene wenger and jose mourinho )...then the remaining one will be the refree.... don't mind me...lol

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
2-3dozens. Afterall,dangote's daughter is "an average nigerian".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
LyndaRoyce:
2-3dozens. Afterall,dangote's daughter is "an average nigerian".
shockedshockedshocked
if dangote's daughter is an average Nigerian then how will u define someone that is below average or above average ... gringrin
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gloria3389:

shockedshockedshocked
if dangote's daughter is an average Nigerian then how will u define someone that is below average or above average ... gringrin

Isn't the sperm donor the breadwinner? He knows his financial, moral and intellectual capability.....
As far as I'm concerned, The opinion of an outsider is quite unnecessary here....

5 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by IFELEKE(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
@Topic,
Before i got married i wanted six but had a rethink after witnessing the birth of my first child...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Very funny, my frnd always says he will have 12 children and adopt 3 making 15 and he's damn serious abt it.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Soyedele1:
Very funny, my frnd always says he will have 12 children and adopt 3 making 15 and he's damn serious abt it.

Has he ever heard of the word overpopulation? shocked

6 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Has he ever heard of the word overpopulation? shocked
Hahahahaha, now this is funny. Well, i think 4 is ok.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
LyndaRoyce:

Isn't the sperm donor the breadwinner? He knows his financial, moral and intellectual capability.....
As far as I'm concerned, The opinion of an outsider is quite unnecessary here....
your post did not correlate with what u quoted.... so y quoting me

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
IFELEKE:
@Topic,
Before i got married i wanted six but had a rethink after witnessing the birth of my first child...
you were like....e no easy ooo abi

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by IFELEKE(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gloria3389:

you were like....e no easy ooo abi
Yes oo...I can never forget that day, I was so scared, prayed like never before and when the baby came, all i could think of was my wife...I held her and i was trembling.

12 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by honeydear(f): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Three is fine smiley
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Jimbadly: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Two will be just fine.

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by aderonila18: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
MarthaK:
I'll go with two

I think 2 is okay too

2 Likes

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Gloria3389(f): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
IFELEKE:

Yes oo...I can never forget that day, I was so scared, prayed like never before and when the baby came, all i could think of was my wife...I held her and i was trembling.
I couldn't stand the one I witnessed.... I was like God am I gonna pass thru this??.....I wonder y some pple will decide to have 6 children or get pregnant every year
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by joywendy(f): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
1 or 2 maximum. If you want both genders. Really I don't mind just having one either male or female. There are plenty children who are looking for parents. The world itself is overpopulated

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos) / Ugandan Boy Raised By Monkeys Tries To Adapt (photos) / Banker Who "Sliced" Husband’s joystick & Husband Reconcile[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.