Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (35676 Views)

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce / DNA Test For Your Children Is It Compulsory Or Just Lack Of Trust / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by dein77(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Gloria3389:

lolzx.... child is child be it male or female....
Thanks dear.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2014
For me 4 is ok....we are four in our family;two males and a set of female twins. I look forward to this combination in the future.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2014
2 is best, just incase the second one come as twins. Then 3 is ok

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Shollay20(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2014
As for me i think 3 is ok.....
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by santicruz: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2014
Two
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Shollay20(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2014
slimmy05:
2 is best, just incase the second one come as twins. Then 3 is ok
Guy i hate twins...i just dont know why!
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
2!! The 3rd is jara grin
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by ayourbamie: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
As many as u can afford..... But remember, Omo beere osi beere

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Shollay20(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Viewing this topic: pelucruzy, Ediss(m), lekanjohn(m), Puah, abasifo(m), tenry, pitola, vicadex07(m), ojotask, ekaeme, ak4God, estyvino(m), eightsin(m), Emyogalanya, salemdv(m), asuustrike1, spartoo(m), jchick, Shollay20, ugwup, FreshGuy2(m), greatgeo(m), idugbe(m), topsylopsy(m), santicruz, flinton(m), whocares1(m), allsubjects, Infoman51, juzo98(m), LushGreenz, jacabi(m), mmoney4, slimmy05(m), agaba, ADESHINAONE(m), rozey247(m), Walecole74, vivigurl(f), Moneyb, sammieguze(m) and 64 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Omimah: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2014
Even with the poor state of the economy there are some people that will even go for more than four children.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Shollay20(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2014
Omimah:
Even with the poor state of the economy there are some people that will even go for more than four children.

Maybe they are looking for proverty........4kid ke!
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Jakeattah(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
bbdd:

You must be under 30 and living in a dream.
Any married man who wants to give his family the best won't say he wants 4 kids.

Chaiman, why u dey vex?

Did anything I said hurt you?

Cos I don't understand why you would say a man can't take care of 4 kids. I've seen an average bussiness man take care and pprovide for 4 comfortably. So what's the 'dream' there?
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Jakeattah(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Nicepoker:
pregnant every year ? Na guinea pig?
cheesy
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Shollay20(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
I knew female likes plenty kids....please female comment here!
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Omimah: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2014
Shollay20:

Maybe they are looking for proverty........4kid ke!
They are some men that are capable financially to fend for their many children. Some of them even get married to up to four wives. Check out some wealthy northerns.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by bbdd: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:

Chaiman, why u dey vex?

Did anything I said hurt you?

Cos I don't understand why you would say a man can't take care of 4 kids. I've seen an average bussiness man take care and pprovide for 4 comfortably. So what's the 'dream' there?

4 kids is quite a lot these days sha.
Rising costs of quality education, affordable housing etc.
I'm sure as parents many vow never to allow their children go through what they went through.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2014
Two I think a boy and a gal
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Missyetty(f): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2014
10 will make sense
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Galadimabawa: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2014
To me I think two is ok, to the fert that I have three.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2014
somehow i prefer a balance, i would want my younger son to have an older brother to look up to, same for my daughters,infact with wifey to be's permission i would want the last child to be female, the child of my old age,she would be much more younger than her older siblings
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by dbalinga(m): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2014
NifemiOlu:
2. Even cars are designed to take four. 2 at the back, 2 at the front.

Question: why do pastors have like 4, 5 -above number of kids?
u mean 3 at d back.....ur spouse at the front.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2014
three is okay for me, unless my man wants morewink but he should be ready to shoulder all the responsibilities.. that's his job.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by NifemiOlu(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2014
dbalinga:

u mean 3 at d back.....ur spouse at the front.

2 at the back. The middle is not a seat. Look very closely. It's meant to carry a baby and it serves as extension of goods from the boot e.g when carrying a long pole or something. Also the middle, when you open it you'd see a cup box meaning it's used as cup case and arm rest.

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Jakeattah(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2014
bbdd:

4 kids is quite a lot these days sha.
Rising costs of quality education, affordable housing etc.
I'm sure as parents many vow never to allow their children go through what they went through.

I understand sir, but the basic things is a sound education (not necessarily in expensive private schools, cos you could argue that the standard of education dosnt necessarily depend on the cost of school), good clothes(not necessarily gucci) and quality food. These things are obtainable for average homes with good planning, I was raised in a family of 5. So I know what I'm talking about.

Having four kids dosnt mean all of them must own a range rover and go to covenant uni. That's not what I mean by 'taking care'

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by driand(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2014
already got 1 , with present circumstances I'm expecting another 3 then if I achieve my goal another 3 to make "7" and that would gi(e me an interesting never dullin home..
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by LarryBeryl(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2014
Since I know the consequences of having much children, I think 3to4 is alright irrespective of the gender. I have seen a wealthy family gone broke because of the sudden propelling of daily expenses. Mind u one won't be aware of hw deadly it cab be to sponsor kids to school until they gain admission to university assin, especially if falls to the same tym . Well mentality of having more children because of prosperity is overrated .3 or 4 for a average Nigeria is very Aiit
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by omolizzy(f): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2014
darisgod:
I have 1 now
Maybe 1 in d next 5 yrs
So help me God
I use to hear some people say "pikin dey bring wetin e go chop from heaven"
My baby brought breastmilk only
She forgot SMA wey she drink for 6 months + d one wey she dey eat presently .....so I got a rethink ..........

Now dis is funny.....u are so rite on point.

1 Like

Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2014
Two is okay. I dont mind if they're both boys or girls
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by daveP(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmm. One should consider the fact that

1) most nigerian couples love to have both genders

2) the twin factor( you say you want two and you see twins in the womb) God-willing you will rethink your 'i want just two' decision.

3) some want all boy/all girl

i think considering all these 4 isnt bad.

Why is this coming up now?
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Dreamflyin(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2014
ONE, preferably a girl.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2014
I will go with 2.
Re: What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples by RebelLeader15(m): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2014
Jesus Christ Have 12 Disciples, it won't be bad if I have 24....abi wetin you talk

Na just 1 pikin I won born, either na Male or Female e no concern me, so far na Human being

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. / I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.