Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday (48630 Views)

Accident involving 2 buses occurs On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Nigeria To Experience An Eclipse Of The Moon On The 3rd Of November / Tragedy Occurs As ‘newly-wed Couple Was Killed In Crash After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Omimah: 4:56am On Oct 07, 2014
What do Yoruba call this now, osan d'oru or oru d'osan?
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Bensondrums(m): 4:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmm nawa oooo.dis one i entered frontpage tday its a sign d eclipes will nt happen in naija.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by timilehing(m): 5:01am On Oct 07, 2014
I hope I can witness it here in Anambra
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by lonelydora: 5:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Waiting for it. Is there no time for it
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Donfamous(m): 5:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Its Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ big deal, since its lunar eclipse, if its solar den we can be expecting partial or full darkness in some places
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by expert1000: 5:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Eclipse of d moon...anoda public holiday!

1 Like

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by timilehing(m): 5:06am On Oct 07, 2014
but, they said any lunar/solar madness won't happen until 2029??
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by NaLaugh: 5:09am On Oct 07, 2014
Also watch out for this head, which will simultaneously rise in the south bringing about a total triangulation eclipse.

Eclipse threes0me .

2 Likes

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 07, 2014
How about different time zones of the world? Are we gonna experience it here in Canada too?
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 07, 2014
Itz well
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by gonzales38: 5:36am On Oct 07, 2014
looking4job:
SAVE ME FROM POVERTY. HELP ME GET A JOB IF YOU CAN. THIS SUFFERING IS TOO MUCH cry
can you wash car properly?
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 07, 2014
gonzales38:

can you wash car properly?

No.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by RaptorX: 5:45am On Oct 07, 2014
Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes.
Biblical prophesys being fulfilled right b4 our eyes, four blood moons btw 2014-2015. All falling on Jewish passovers.

9 Likes

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by princedoz: 5:46am On Oct 07, 2014
What time please?
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:47am On Oct 07, 2014
Ok.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by eghos12(m): 5:54am On Oct 07, 2014
time please dont want to miss it. It will be a story to tell the next generation
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by pimplucious: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by buJu234: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2014
To those of you in d core northern villages b careful ooo. Cos wen similar thing happened some time ago... those ignorant iman and their alimagiris in one village close kastina started beating up the so called infidels that their sins is what cause d moon to b like that...

2 Likes

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by pimplucious: 6:03am On Oct 07, 2014
According to the bible, the Sun and Moon are meant for Signs and Seasons... According to biblical scholars, this is a sign that something dramatic which will impact Israel And change the course of history in the world is in the offing.

Sits back and observes...
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by mctons: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2014
coolebux:
W undecidedaiting with full expectation undecided

What time did u set it as u and I do not know when the claim will occur
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by mctons: 6:08am On Oct 07, 2014
buJu234:
To those of you in d core northern villages b careful ooo. Cos wen similar thing happened some time ago... those ignorant iman and their alimagiris in one village close kastina started beating up the so called infidels that their sins is what cause d moon to b like that...

Really. This is serious. They are bunch of illitrates

1 Like

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Richardjemedafe(m): 6:08am On Oct 07, 2014
Space booked
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Kei144(m): 6:10am On Oct 07, 2014
zeemahn:
LAGOS—Sky watchers and observers of the lunar system will
notice an extremely rare cosmic sight on Wednesday, October
8, when a total lunar eclipse is expected to occur in different
parts of the World.
The total eclipse of the moon will result in a clash
simultaneous rising of the sun in what scientists have called
“selenelion,” a phenomenon that celestial geometry says
cannot happen.
During the lunar eclipse, the sun and moon will be exactly 180
degrees apart in the sky. In a perfect alignment like this
(called a “syzygy”), such an observation would seem
impossible.
The images of both the sun and moon are expected to be
lifted above the horizon by atmospheric refraction. This will
allow people on Earth to see the sun for several extra minutes
before it actually has risen and the moon for several extra
minutes after it has actually set.
As a consequence of this atmospheric trick, watchers in
different locations will have a chance to observe this unusual
sight firsthand, with the possibility of simultaneously seeing
the sun rising in the east while the eclipsed full moon is
setting in the west.

Very good explanation of what lunar eclipse is all about: the earth positioned between sun and moon.

Because this eclipse will happen two days after a lunar perigee, which is the point when the moon is nearest to Earth, NASA says the moon will appear 5.3 percent larger than the previous "blood moon," which occurred on April 15.

This eclipse marks the second in a series of four lunar eclipses in a row, known as a "tetrad." All these blood moons will fall on God's Holy Feast days.

2 Likes

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Solozzo(m): 6:12am On Oct 07, 2014
This eclipse is not visible in Nigeria or Africa. It's visible in Australia, North America, Asia.
See here

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-october-8

Next visible lunar eclipse in Nigeria is on 28 sept 2015; solar eclipse 1 sept 2016

Check here http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/nigeria/kaduna?iso=20141008
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by RaptorX: 6:15am On Oct 07, 2014
To those asking for the time, it will not be visible in Africa, Europe and middle east. Only in Australia, Japan, New Zealand, western part of the US, Hawaii, and over the pacific.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Kei144(m): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Re. 7:2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea:
Re. 7:3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”
Re. 7:4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

The sealing of the 144,000 Israelites will begin this week, during the Feast of Tabernacles; 9-15 October. The feast actually begins in the evening of of 8th October.

Mt. 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
Mt. 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Re. 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.
Re. 14:2[b] And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters[/b] and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.
Re. 14:3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No-one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

The earthly ministry of Jesus of Jesus Christ was preceded by God filling him with the Holy Spirit without limit. In the same manner, the ministry of the 144,000 Israelites will be preceded by a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters--latter rain of the Holy Spirit, rivers of living water.

Mt. 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.

Once the firstfruits receive the latter rain of the Holy Spirit, in three years their ministry will give birth to mature sons of God whom God will fill with all the fullness of God. Satan is vehemently opposed to human beings developing into mature sons of God; so, he will do everything to oppose it. All hell will let loose all over the world. End time tribulations will begin in earnest, from this week.

God marks the beginning of this year's Feast of Tabernacles with a total lunar eclipse (blood moon).

https://www.nairaland.com/1932922/feast-tabernacles

https://www.nairaland.com/1447777/apocalyptic-end-time-begins-2014/1

https://www.nairaland.com/1857130/romans-threw-true-christianity-lions

2 Likes

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Amoo84(m): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2014
THIS ARE SIGNS THAT YAOMUL AKHRI IS NEAR.....GOD COUNT ME ND MY HOUSEHOLD AMONG THE DWELLERS OF AL- JANNAH.......

1 Like

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by TeamSimple(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2014
This is one of the signs of end time revealed by God (sun rise from the East). Waiting....
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Funjosh(m): 6:25am On Oct 07, 2014
It is always unnotice.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by iriskiki(f): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2014
zeemahn:
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/total-eclipse-moon-occurs-wednesday/
To those fond of chanting ETT Keep off.
End time ministers angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin cheesy grin I was just about to chant that!
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by iriskiki(f): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2014
TeamSimple:
This is one of the signs of end time revealed by God (sun rise from the East). Waiting....

But the sun always rises from the east... undecided sad

2 Likes

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by slymichael(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2014
yuncka:
grin
SiGns of The end tiMe!
grin
why do we always attribute natural phenomenon to end time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Add Links To Nairaland Posts / Some Of The World's Most Expensive Items Ever Sold At Auction (Photos) / Cows Ran Into A Bus At Ilesa-Ibadan (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.