Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? (1166 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Made UNN Chancellor: Emerges As The Youngest Chancellor In Nigeria / A Question About The Order Of Sons Of Shehu Usman Dan Fodio? Who Was The Eldest? / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
I just thought about this, thats why i raised up this thread...
For instance, Let's say obi is 30yrs old, and Bayo is 20yrs old...they both know each other wella..
One faithful evening, as obi was coming back from work, he meets Bayo on the road...
Now my question is, who should extend his hand first for a hand shake, Obi or Bayo?
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Ekiseme(m): 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Anyone,but bayo can hold his right wrist with his left hand before the handshake as a sign of respect undecided

Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ekiseme:
Anyone
but some people finds it offensive for the younger one to extend hands first...what do you say about this?(writing from experience)
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Ekiseme(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
kenkwodoski:
but some people finds it offensive for the younger one to extend hands first...what do you say about this?(writing from experience)
it depends on individuals,there's nothing wrong in a younger one extending a greeting hand first
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Fraih(f): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Anybody can, its no biggie
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by SirHouloo(m): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
The Older, but when he fails to act rightly, his responsibilty could be taken over.
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ekiseme:
it depends on individuals,there's nothing wrong in a younger one extending a greeting hand first
thanks... I guess i gonna read body languages and the type of individual before extending hands...

whats even in this hand shake thing self? it doesn't add to who i am..
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by fittoux: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nairaland
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ekiseme:
Anyone,but bayo can hold his right wrist with his left hand before the handshake as a sign of respect undecided
This is what I simply do because when you are blessed than some elders and you failed not to extend your hand first ... They may think you don't wanna touch/shake them ...

I just hold my right hand with my left hand and bow sef to shake elders (all na lielie joor) but Officially , If I'm your boss but you older than me .... I will just shake you even with my chest out and shoulder-up though with smile grin

Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Fxwarrior: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
Fraih:
Anybody can, its no biggie

No biggie right?

Are you in secondary or University?
Can you extend ur hand first to shake ur teacher/lecturer?
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Emmyk(m): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2014
The older.
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 11, 2014
fittoux:
Nairaland
hahahaha.. Oya shake nairaland make i see. make i even ask you:where be nairaland right hand self?
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 11, 2014
donroxy:
This is what I simply do because when you are blessed than some elders and you failed not to extend your hand first ... They may think you don't wanna touch/shake them .. grin
true talk.. It's either they think say you dey form for them or even self, them go think say you dey fear make them juju you with their handshake ...
Re: Who Should Extend Hands First for A Handshak? The Eldest Or youngest? by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 11, 2014
Fxwarrior:

No biggie right?

Are you in secondary or University?
Can you extend ur hand first to shake ur teacher/lecturer?
na true you talk you... Some of these lecturers no dey educated at all... The day you mistakenly give them your hand first for handshake, na that day them go dash you watin pass carryover(them go give you carryabout grin hahahaha!

How CBN Complicated Bank Charges Through Unstable Polices / The Symbol Of African Resilience: The Great Walls Of Benin / Meet Ooni Of Ife Wife's Beautiful Sister, Simi Oluwaseyi Phebian (photos)