Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

$9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta (1011 Views)

South Africa Returns Nigeria's Seized $9.3 Million / Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London / Gov. Ajimobi's Wife Arrested In London For Money Laundry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
I find it quite alarming with first $9.3 and now $5million on arms deal. It has been quite mind buggling or what? I saw this post on a 'friends wall on Facebook which make some sense but would like to see holes in this post.

(OPINION)

Now that it is obvious that SA is diplomatically fighting Nigeria

By Simeon Nwakaudu

Arms Deal: Plain facts to indicate that South Africa (SA) is playing a dangerous diplomatic evil game against Nigeria.

*Only the politically naive in international relations would assume that the seizure of funds have been accidental and procedural.

*The South African newspaper (City Press) confirmed today that documents found on the two Nigerians and One Israeli had a sign off end-user certificate personally issued by National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki meant for the arms transaction. The certificate included the official list of items to be purchased:
Implication: The NSA office and relevant officials contacted SA hence the certificate was issued and due process followed. Despite this, SA seized the money and announced the transaction via the media.

*Fact: SA National Prosecuting Authority admitted according to City Press that an invoice was raised in SA for helicopters and armaments intended to be used in Nigeria with the $9.3m as the fund to consummate the purchase.

Implication: since the arms invioce was raised in SA, the SA govt was fully aware, yet it sent its customs, journalists and officials to way lay the covet operatives. This was a premeditated diplomatic infraction aimed deliberately at ridiculing Nigeria.

*On the second seizure of $5.7m, it's even more regrettable and un-African

It is confirmed that Cererus, a duly registered arms company with the SA National Arms Conventional Control Committee, officially received R60m (sixty million rand) from a Nigerian company to buy arms, but the company's registration expired shortly after the bank transaction. The company applied for re-registration but SA refused to grant the request, leaving the application to lie fallow for two months.
The company tried to effect a refund over the failed supply, but SA govt stepped in and seized the money and frustrated the bank transfer. If the first was cash, the second was through official bank transaction.

*Implication: The SA govt deliberately denied the company re-registrationn so it could seize the money and as planned release the information to the media to achieve a hatched scheme to stand in the way of Nigeria.

NOTE: these facts are incontrovertible. The only point that stands out is the division in Nigeria where opposition and pro-opposition elements work to denigrate Nigeria without objectively analysing the situation.

The second deal was not a cash transaction, yet SA got a court to order the seizure of the money.

ACTION: It is high time Nigeria took definite action against the SA and their deliberate diplomatic infractions to frustrate our war on terror. Nigerians will recall the Yellow Card diplomatic slap and how the FG retaliation resolved the matter.

SA stand to lose more in the event of full diplomatic confrontation. This is the time to hit back.

As usual, we will expert opposition elements and their colleagues to support SA and their government. Their sponsored media associates will start singing the familiar tune and SA will be further emboldened to continue their ugly diplomatic infractions.

Is it actually money laundry or SA personal vendatta , what say you?
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by acenazt: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
S.A's vendetta man. those foolish cows
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by pjosh1(m): 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
I knew SA government purposely sized the money from Nigerian even after showing proof that the money was meant for arm purchase, but i am really dissapionted at the rate in which adults who are old enough to think with their brain keep behaving on nairaland. I knw Nigeria has been through alot, we have our own problems but that doesn't mean that i should keep quiet when another country keep making fun of us. How much have our leaders stolen without people noticing? Is it 9.3 mil dollars they will fly to SA to loot or what...the truth is dat i am really dissapionted with Nigerian,how can a country be blinded with so much hate that you don't even knw you are been insulted. The other day wen ghana said they wanted to export electricity to Nigeria, you should have seen negative comments made by Nigerian against Nigeria, is it not the same ghana that is begging for Nigeria to supply gas. Even if Jesus christ constest and win the next election,there will still be no change, why? Because we are our own worst enemy..it's funny atimes how a 37yrs old man will say GEJ till 2055 and another 45yrs old man will say No buhari No Nigeria, jst see wat u've turned urslef into.
We are all bad jst as our leaders, there's nothing worst than a man who doesn't knw his enemy, we are our own worst enemy.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by BlackTechnology: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Vendetta

Obj Ibb Abacha etc have untraceable hidden billions of dollars

So what is difficult in hiding $9.3 million

To me this is a wake up call to

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutionsInWeaponsDevelopmentAsDICONmassProduce

During Ihejirika's time, we introduced mass production of our indigenous APC and rockets

The mistake Ihejirika made was not to

Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Maybe. Who knows...the long standing feud between S.A and Nigeria is still there.

Time will tell.
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by BlackTechnology: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nobleval:
Maybe. Who knows...the long standing feud between S.A and Nigeria is still there.

Time will tell.

SA wants to be seen as the giant of Africa but circumstances is not favouring them

To stop this insult

Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by gentleoyink: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
hisblud:

It is confirmed that Cererus, a duly registered arms company with the SA National Arms Conventional Control Committee, officially received R60m (sixty million rand) from a Nigerian company to buy arms, but the company's registration expired shortly after the bank transaction. The company applied for re-registration but SA refused to grant the request, leaving the application to lie fallow for two months.
The company tried to effect a refund over the failed supply, but SA govt stepped in and seized the money and frustrated the bank transfer. If the first was cash, the second was through official bank transaction.

When I opened the first thread about this earlier, and saw people say all sorts of things against the Nigerian Gov't, this is what came to my mind. I decided not to say anything on that/those thread(s), because it was obvious that most of the people did not read the full story and ponder over it.

To them, it is time to bash the Gov't and with glee they did

But the truth remains if we must say anything bad about this second transaction, then we must only point out the negligence of Gov't in ascertaining the status of the said SA Company and insist they renew their licence(s) before the transaction.

Purchase of arms, especially when you want to take your enemy by surprise is not a news you go out to broadcast. The SA Gov't is very undiplomatic in its approach to this issue, and if the opposition thinks its good news all I have to say to them is if you rule scattered Nigeria, you will be a king among peasants

1 Like

Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by pjosh1(m): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
It's nt a new tin, every1 knws SA dnt like Nigeria, unlike pretenders like Ghana. I jst wish the federal government can cut ties with dis 2 countries and let's knw who are truly our allies
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by lilprinze: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
If FG want to buy arms what stops them from buying arms from Russia or Israel . it is crystal clear that South Africa don't like Nigeria am sure they Seized that money on purpose just to ridicule us publicly. Am sure they are still angry over the collapsed building that killed most of their citizens.
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by deleo16(m): 12:01am On Oct 07, 2014
pjosh1:
I knew SA government purposely sized the money from Nigerian even after showing proof that the money was meant for arm purchase, but i am really dissapionted at the rate in which adults who are old enough to think with their brain keep behaving on nairaland. I knw Nigeria has been through alot, we have our own problems but that doesn't mean that i should keep quiet when another country keep making fun of us. How much have our leaders stolen without people noticing? Is it 9.3 mil dollars they will fly to SA to loot or what...the truth is dat i am really dissapionted with Nigerian,how can a country be blinded with so much hate that you don't even knw you are been insulted. The other day wen ghana said they wanted to export electricity to Nigeria, you should have seen negative comments made by Nigerian against Nigeria, is it not the same ghana that is begging for Nigeria to supply gas. Even if Jesus christ constest and win the next election,there will still be no change, why? Because we are our own worst enemy..it's funny atimes how a 37yrs old man will say GEJ till 2055 and another 45yrs old man will say No buhari No Nigeria, jst see wat u've turned urslef into.
We are all bad jst as our leaders, there's nothing worst than a man who doesn't knw his enemy, we are our own worst enemy.
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by henryblaze25(m): 3:51am On Oct 07, 2014
End user certificate signed by the number 1 intelligence officer in Nigeria, bank Transfer was used and yet none was honoured. Please SA should tell us if its spiritual means we should use to transfer d money, because we uses raw cash it was seized via bank transfer the same happened.

I still stand by my earlier opinion that if this Government wants to embezzle that money, we won't know. South Africa is just out to make us a laughing stock bt they should be ready 4 our own cos ours will b well planned
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by 817: 3:54am On Oct 07, 2014
I think it is important we analyse the wire transfer for the $5.7m. Before that kind of transfer is done several processes are carried out on both sides. Central Bank officials of both countries would have been notified because of the huge amount involved. If there was any illegality about it the transfer would not have gone through in the first place. So the SA Bank received the money and had no problems until the money was to be returned to Nigeria. Interesting!
Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by psalmizt(m): 4:03am On Oct 07, 2014
gentleoyink:

The SA Gov't is very undiplomatic in its approach to this issue, and if the opposition thinks its good news all I have to say to them is if you rule scattered Nigeria, you will be a king among peasants

God bless you and the WOMB from which thou camest from....

Now to the topic, I think we need to rediscover what patriotism is... I recall this statement made a while ago, I have the right to abuse myself and call myself names, but you (another person) do the same, then I will come down hard on you with furry. My point, that Nigerians bash their government doesn't give a foreign nation the right to do the same. We have to be factual with ourselves, no nation would get involved with another if they don't stand to benefit (ofcourse Nigeria is an exception with Liberia and Sierraleone). So for the opposition who think these bashing are working in their Favour? Think again.... who then is promoting a hate Culture?

Anyways a lesson in history would do (hutus and tutsis) north and south... in this path, everyone loses. Never join hands with a foreigner to ridicule your country... the effect is universal

1 Like

Re: $9.3/$5 Million: An Opinion. Money Laundry Or SA Vendetta by BabaEleko(m): 4:17am On Oct 07, 2014
I was of the opinion that it is pure Money Laundering but after reading these facts i think its about time "Nigeria clap back to those zulus"

(1) (Reply)

B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team / The Obasanjo Era & Selective Use Of Anti-corruption Institutions / BUHARI / DONALD DUKE Ticket Could Be The Magic Wand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.