Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Beauty Vs Intelligence - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Vs Intelligence (9981 Views)

Jamaican Beauty Vs Nigerian Beauty . Cutest Smiles / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beauty Vs Intelligence by aleroaruya(f): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2006
Does beauty conflict with intelligence? because I see and hear people discuss it like there is no tomorrow, does this mean that one cannot be beautiful/handsome and intelligent at the same time?

Does this mean that when you are beatiful/handsome it gets into your head and you loose your cool because I have come across a lot of ugly and dull folks (i.e. both attributes for one person)
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by iice(f): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2006
Sure one can be beautiful and intelligent at the same time, but its not always the case thats all. undecided
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by beyunce(f): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2006
Both of cos.

Y cant we have some one thats inteligent and at the same time beautiful
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by naijadiva2(f): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2006
it could happen
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by 2fine4u(f): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2006
it sure is possible, my mom for example is beautiful and is one of the smartest woman you will ever come accross. i can't even use words to describe things she has accomplished with her intelligence so hell yeah one can be beautiful and intelligent at same time.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by Advin(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
First of all, being beautiful is not just facially. One can be beautiful to me and ugly to you. It all depends on how you are seen by pple. Now, someone who's beautiful, but not intelligent, can transform his/herself into a complete ugly one. Someone intelligent makes himself beautiful, through his actions.
But c'mon, we have pple who are strikingly beautiful and at the same time very intelligent. It all depends on the person involved.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by naijadiva2(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2006
well not to brag, i'm beautiful to everyone no matter the angle you are looking. grin
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by eveseh(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2006
Intelligence all da way
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by iice(f): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2006
naija_diva:

well not to brag, i'm beautiful to everyone no matter the angle you are looking. grin
My dear good for you smiley
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by naijadiva2(f): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2006
i know i'm funny. grin
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by Cleofel(f): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2006
Some people can be beutiful and very stupid so i prefer the ugly and intelligent.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by Zappking: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2006
beauty=inteligence+conening+confidence
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by WesleyanA(f): 4:36am On May 24, 2007
the reason they probably seem to conflict is that a lot of beautiful people don't have a reason to be smart & study. they're like, i don't need to use my brain 'cause i already have what i want. and we all know that idle brain makes one dumb. you have to keep exercising it to stay smart (i read this somewhere, don't ask me).

and then there are a lot of smart people who don't have a reason to be beautiful, look nice. they'll say they don't need to look pretty (nice dress, make up etc )etc 'cause they already have a brain.

most of the smartest people i know are also some of the best looking but they don't let it show. it's always hidden behind thick huge glasses, weird clothing , unstyled hair , nerdy pose etc people think they are ugly until they get a make over.

there are some really good looking people that i know that are really smart if only they put an effort into picking up a book for once rather than going to the mall repeatedly to get the new pair of shoes or whatever.

my point: you can be both if you try to be and learn to balance your life.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by temmyabby(f): 6:29pm On May 24, 2007
beauty compliments intelligence
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by BlackMamba(m): 4:31pm On May 30, 2007
Many intelligent females are beautiful (beauty is subjective), but most really smart females are less inclined to enhance their looks.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by princesa(f): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2008
i can name names of people in nigeria who are beautiful and intelligent too
geneveive
ini edo
liz benson
Dora akunyuli
agban darego go girl
zizi cardow
the last miss nigeria cant rem her name  embarassed
chioma chukwuka
donald duke
me ofcourse
and so on . . . . . .

it depends on the way you look at things as my sister WesleyanA puts it

WesleyanA:

and then there are a lot of smart people who don't have a reason to be beautiful, look nice. they'll say they don't need to look pretty (nice dress, make up etc )etc 'cause they already have a brain.

most of the smartest people i know are also some of the best looking but they don't let it show. it's always hidden behind thick huge glasses, weird clothing , unstyled hair , nerdy pose etc people think they are ugly until they get a make over.

there are some really good looking people that i know that are really smart if only they put an effort into picking up a book for once rather than going to the mall repeatedly to get the new pair of shoes or whatever.

my point: you can be both if you try to be and learn to balance your life.

Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by naijababe2(f): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
What does being beautiful and being ulgy got 2 do with intelligence? I Dont believe beautiful people are dullants just because they focus on their appearance, there's always a good thing or trait each beautiful individual exhibits.
i'm beautiful and intelligent.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by ekas(f): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2008
I'M Very beautiful in every standard, BESIDES i passed my aptitude test and did well in my interview.AM I NOT BRILLIANT?
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by onyinye2(f): 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2008
personally i feel that beauty does not conflict with intelligence. just look at me.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by Pepeye(f): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2008
the combination  of the two works for me cool
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by TOYOSI20(f): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2008
Ermm. . . . I would opt for both abeg undecided
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by Muza(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2008
Actually,i hav a rare combination of both grin
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by alexys(f): 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2009
i am beautiful and intelligent but i dont let it get to my head.
i thank God every time cos am so blessed!
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by Pepeye(f): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2009
alexys:

i am beautiful and intelligent but i dont let it get to my head.
i thank God every time cos am so blessed!

welcome to the club
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by shems: 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2009
yeh i think u can be beautiful and intelligent at the same time.but most beautiful people are not intelligent!
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by sexyLeamon(f): 5:43am On Jul 20, 2009
Intelligence will get you much further and if your looks bother you, with the money you make using your intelligence you can purchase the face and body you want if you are that shallow. Looks fade and fall but intelligence only grows.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by selencious(f): 4:33am On Jan 19, 2010
Sure!!! One can be beautiful and intelligent at same time. Besides, beauty is not just on the outside, but on the inside. Im an example. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by ihsann(f): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2010
both win the battle  tongue

but I guess beauty is just dat little bit better since you can become intelligent its only laziness dats stoppin you but beauty is a gift and not every1s blessed with it so enjoy it while you have it.

kiss BUT HEY NO1 CAN BEAT BOTH COMBINED the best of bothworldz.   kiss
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2010
Intelligence because beauty fades, dumb is forever.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by gulia0033: 3:59am On Sep 14, 2010
I'M Very beautiful in every standard, i passed my aptitude test because i had sex with my teacher. this is because im beautiful and he was attracted to me so he passed me smiley
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by oyinda3(f): 5:47am On Sep 14, 2010
I don't think beauty conflicts with intelligence. They are mutual.
I think that intelligent people see beauty in a different and more sophisticated light.
Re: Beauty Vs Intelligence by gulia0033: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2010
I'M Very beautiful in every standard, i passed my aptitude test because i had sex with my teacher. this is because im beautiful and he was attracted to me so he passed me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2012 / Milk In Black Soap Recipe / Order Your Neatly Braided Wigs Now. Unbeatable Prices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.