Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? (3186 Views)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / some Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every Day / I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by 19naia(m): 3:24am On Oct 07, 2014
I have found a way to cook Yams with the right flavour to content me every day without tire... Also it digest well for me more so than rice or bread and it seems to make me feel better after meals without making me feel tired and sluggish after eating... I eat it every night before bed and wake in the morning like an empty stomach as if it has all digested well... And then also only more positive ratings for the yam when i find myself on the toilet...
So now i am thinking to eat it in the morning instead of bread with eggs... Yam with eggs... Ma be just eat bread as a side dessert of 2 slices with jam and butter...

I hope some one here has experience with daily long term eating of yam and has only good things to say about it... It really gives me a good feeling and energy like i could go and win olympic medal at some kind of sport in my old age...
I can only be thankful that i have found yam easy to find in market here in USA because otherwise i would have to visit Nigeria every year and go through airport extortion and traffic officer extortion n just to reach the lady selling pounded yam with Egusi... And be lucky if any money remain to give her for her food....
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by aboyaji(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
No. Just that you will develop big head
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by 19naia(m): 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
No. Just that you will develop big head

What! Do you mean like swollen head like a deformity?

Or do you mean just a pompous pride of feeling superior to people who dont eat the Yam?? I dont care about being so proud from the yam and how it is so good, but i dont want to walk around with my head double in weight and size from deformity.... BTW, the yams here are smaller than in Nigeria... So maybe the smaller yam cannot make such a bigger head?? is it possible ??

grin
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by philantoxx(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
don't fink the outcome is gonna b good tho.
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by Dedoo(f): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
yam alone doesn't constitute a balanced diet because it doesn't contain all the essential nutrients your body require so you will be malnourished and suffer kwashiorkor if you eat yam continually..
on the other hand if you combine yam with other foods that provide the essential nutrients your body require that yam lack and get a balanced diet then you don't have any problem.

1 Like

Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by Dedoo(f): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
19naia:

What! Do you mean like swollen head like a deformity?

Or do you mean just a pompous pride of feeling superior to people who dont eat the Yam?? I dont care about being so proud from the yam and how it is so good, but i dont want to walk around with my head double in weight and size from deformity.... BTW, the yams here are smaller than in Nigeria... So maybe the smaller yam cannot make such a bigger head?? is it possible ??

grin
the big head is actually a symptom of kwashiorkor.
kwashiorkor is a disease that results from excess consumption of carbohydrate.
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by 19naia(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dedoo:

the big head is actually a symptom of kwashiorkor.
kwashiorkor is a disease that results from excess consumption of carbohydrate.

Ah yes kwashiorkor.. I have residue of that from my younger days living in Ondo state in less than proper diet conditions or should I say poverty..
Thanks there.. I have decided to stop eating the yam here when my last two tubers are finished... I have already noticed some symptoms from it already but i am not sure the reason.. Maybe its grown in bad soil with so much chemicals or it was sprayed with insecticide and irradiated before import to USA from Costa rica.. I crossed those borders before and they spray every thing with insecticide and irradiate the food items against pest and parasites riding along into other countries...
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by 19naia(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dedoo:
yam alone doesn't constitute a balanced diet because it doesn't contain all the essential nutrients your body require so you will be malnourished and suffer kwashiorkor if you eat yam continually..
on the other hand if you combine yam with other foods that provide the essential nutrients your body require that yam lack and get a balanced diet then you don't have any problem.
Yes true talk... I use yam as the base and then add chicken or fish along with tomato, vegetable juice, broccoli, okra and mushrooms.. Then of course marinade sauce and salts... I also eat fruits and fruit juices every day as well as milk..
Now i have to stop eating the yam sha, because i am having other symptoms from it maybe its got pesticides and irradiation from when it was imported here or maybe grown in bad soil with so much chemicals... My last two tubers are waiting for me but after that is no more for me..
Re: Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ? by SugaryBelle(f): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
Op,You shouldn't stop eating it alltogether if you realy like yam,just find where you can buy the best yams and eat once in a while.Yam is one of my favourite foods too and i can eat it for long without geting tired,just eat it along with other necessary things for a balanced diet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Non-perishable Food Items At A Cheap Price From (adamawa State) / See The Beautiful Watermelon I Made My Cute Lovely Niece As A Birthday Present / Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.