Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! (34016 Views)

I Am So Depressed And At The Brink Of Committing Suicide. / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by BankoleNco: 5:47am On Oct 07, 2014
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by slap1(m): 6:27am On Oct 07, 2014
My first guess is, 'This guy wants to have it all!'
Bro, you can't have the best of both worlds. How long do you wanna club and drive spontaneously? Life comes in stages and you have to condition your mind in readiness for each stage.
And who says 30 or 40 is old? Have you heard that life begins at 40? You spend quality time thinking of tomorrow and end up wasting today. Live one day at a time! Good luck!

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by phreakabit(m): 6:28am On Oct 07, 2014
Relax mate shi happens. . . Same ship here. You can't fight age/aging. In due time you'd get used to it, just make some minor adjustments before 33 wink If anything its the gals who are turning 30 that should be this worried. I know its troubling still gives me a few concerns but like I said thats LIFE. . . . Funny how we are almost age-mates BTW. Take it easy. Its not the end of the world .

14 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Funjosh(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2014
hOW SURE ARE YOU THAT YOU ARE DEPRESSED

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by BankoleNco: 6:36am On Oct 07, 2014
Funjosh:
hOW SURE ARE YOU THAT YOU ARE DEPRESSED

Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell
+ Lost interest in my friends football , work and most things I used to enjoy doing. . . Is that depressed enough?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by PAO429: 6:36am On Oct 07, 2014
I will advice u to take a vacation trip probaly out of nigeria, surround urself with Loved ones,because depression works more when been lonely..find a companion,try 2 do only stuff dat will make u happy....I think u will get better a bit...as me,m also kinda depressed because m into something I don't like that is my school and I ll be graduating nxt Month..I can't just wait 4me 2get out

6 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by phreakabit(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2014
I feel op's pain 30 is the actual start of Adulthood in some sense. . . Its really scary and to think that just next year you'd be 30 is a nightmare trust me. Turning 18-27 is fun once 28 you start changing, 29 depressed and then 30 game over! You must become an adult and get ready to start a family. . Spend the remaining [size=18pt]70%[/size] of your life with [size=18pt]1[/size] woman shocked

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by PAO429: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Wat a coincidence...go get OUR DAILY MANNER read up todays passage and take a look at prayer point 6..u allllbe amaze

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Gboliwe: 7:23am On Oct 07, 2014
Wow! Never knew that living life stops at age 30!

I have to make the most of what is left before I hit 30 then.

Seriously, some people like to create psychological problems where there shouldn't be any. Why someone will feel depressed for attaining 30 beats me. I guess attaining 50 will be suicidal! God help me!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2014
Why nau? Its sounds really weird
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by mrvance(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2014
Coming soon....Nairaland
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by lilprinze: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2014
j
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ebolablast: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2014
b4 una wan cheat nature?? u must old na

meanwhile, see how this girl is giving it hard to a horse with extra large JT

READ HERE http://www..com

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by jjwaterfalls(f): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Eya sorry, I can imagine hw it feels cry

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Richardjemedafe(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2014
I met this girl on fb and we ve been
chatting for 6 months now.
Today, i logged in and i saw her online,
and we started chatting immediately.
ME: Hello dear
HER: happy independence.
ME: same to u dear
HER: so where is my independence gift?
ME: Habba! Big girl like u is asking for
independence gift?.
HER: Abeg oo. Me am nt a big girl oo. U
wnt to deny me independence gift abi? ....I
quickly went to buy N500 card and sent the
pin into her chat inbox....
ME:Dear manage this pls.
HER: noo, pls am only joking. I will nt take
that.
ME: pls pls.
HER: and i refuse. I cnt take anything from
u.
....i quickly loaded the card and transfered it
into her line acct...
HER: u think u are smart eh? ....a minute
later
heard an alert msg tang-tang..''N1000 is
transfered to u from...''
ME: whats the meaning of that?
HER: i told u, u shldnt. ...(this girl wan show
me big girl abi?) i used my last N2000 to
buy card, load am, making N3000 and send
it to her.
....Some minutes later, an alert, tang-
tang..''N6000 is transfered to u from....''
chaiii..this girl wan try me? And i dnt hv
any money again! I called my friend and
borrowed the N6000 he was keeping for his
landlord, i told him i will be expecting
N24,000 in the next 5min and i will pay him
back...i quickly buy card of N6000, and sent
her the N12,000..and i kept my phone close
to my
ear expecting alert...
Ten minutes later, instead of msg alert, it
was a call from her...''Hello dear, jst call to
thank u for the independence gift..we'll
chat later''....

Omo see likes

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 07, 2014
You can be scared if you've not achieved anything, btw it's not too late, in five years time if you remain the same then you can worry.

This plot of Land is still not for sale, trespassers will be used for pepper soup.

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by holyboss: 8:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Hmm! 30 shocked

Just get a wife

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by olayincar(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2014
:Just reading d comment
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by MrRhymes101(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Get busy!! n Stop thinking of marriage its d major cause of ur depression...Also wen u r less busy make sure u bleep any babe u see, ur neighbors, ur street babes, ur church gals, landlord's daughter, any babe at alllllll........it works like magic. u will testify to over-excitement instead of depression grin

10 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by viazi: 8:54am On Oct 07, 2014
Are U sex starved? If yes start fucking your girl seriously, it helps a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by bigt2(m): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
Why depressed Go and marry bro. Leave the streets for d boys . you cant have your cake and eat it. embarassed embarassed tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by justi4jesu(f): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
Get a job

I dont get!! Do you want to Club forever
smiley

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ratiken(m): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
Pele. Take a trip to Vegas and spend a month.
Marry a relatively younger lady who is ready to explore life and fun. Quit worry, it never solves anything.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by plainmirror(m): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
A picture speaks thousands of words.
This should lift your spirit though ....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by pweetixandy: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Ok

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by adepiero: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Forget all the sermons in the comment box. I know exactly how you feel even though am not thirty yet. what you want is a lasting memory of your twenties. something you can always remember, smile, and say I can't believe I did that. well you have all the time in the world for that! my advice, make a list of things you want to do and explore them! other things you least expected too might happens. just have fun bro.

*But don't forget, life is in stages and at some point you have to man up to your responsibilities which includes getting married, raising a family*

8 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Complexalfa(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Ok?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
I'm 22years but I feel the same way bro...It's eating me up badly...
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by austinbrown: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Its not easy dear
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by bigfat12(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
why?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by clefstone(m): 8:57am On Oct 07, 2014
I can relate with what u r saying OP. Felt same way when I was turning 20, not to d extent of having sleepless nights though. I feel its cos we set targets for ourselves as to what we hope to hv achieved at the turn of a new decade in our lives but such high targets r hardly met in entirety that we always wish for more time. Good tin is tht we eventually gey used to our new age wen it finally hits us. I will be 30 next year nd I am already worried tht I'm not married. By d way, u r not depressed.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Slim Down / COVID-19: Ubong King Is Dead / Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.