Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! (34098 Views)

I Am So Depressed And At The Brink Of Committing Suicide. / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Geenet: 8:57am On Oct 07, 2014
phreakabit:
Some of the response and post here are moronic! Apparently a larger percent of NL's population are brain dead zombie-like imbeciles. Gosh! Quality of post is an absolute Zero!
You stole my thought. You are a thought robber

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by dare211: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2014
You just have to give up somethhing for another. Many are aspairing to be at your present stage now. So be contented with your present world buddy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by 9jahubcom(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by konos(f): 9:02am On Oct 07, 2014
O boy why u dey fret name? You ar lucky to have reached the level u ar at a young age. But being depressed bcps u at going 2 30? There at people dat have not achieved half ur level an they at 30 or almost, yet they are not depressed. Seek Jesus, u need Him wink
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by born2boink(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2014
You for go carry your birth certificate, fix haam to football age, you fit say you be 21 wwhen you are 30, life go reverse back auto for you bi dat
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by phreakabit(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Some of the response and post here are moronic! Apparently a larger percent of NL's population are brain dead zombie-like imbeciles. Gosh! Quality of post is an absolute Zero!

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by NaLaugh: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco

Like you, i will be turning 30 next year (end of 2015).

I'm 28 now, but sometimes the same thought crosses my mind.
However, there is nothing wrong with that.

Humans have a tendency to resist change, but change is not an option.

Sometimes like you, i wonder if i had spent too much time working my 9-5 and building my own company, at the expense of "life?"

Then again, i ask myself- what exactly is there left to do in the spirit of "youthful exuberance?" I've done it all.
Could it be i'm just being greedy by wishing i had, and would do more?

As far as clubbing. I almost never go to a regular club anymore. I graduated from regular clubs to lounges years ago.
I was all over the clubs back then.

At times at like 10pm, we would decide to drive 3 hours to New York, just because we had
a good "remember that time" gist about some club out there.
Or we would randomly drive like 6 hours to Montreal in Canada to party it up, and drive back to the US in the morning.

It is all a frame of mind. Reorganize the things in your life.
If your 9-5 is weighing you down, make the right financial/investment moves, and cut it off like i did.

Do not worry about marriage, it will happen when it happens.
Ignore external influence of such things, and live life on your own terms - it is no one else's.

I created this nairaland username and site last year specifically as therapy for myself. I needed to indulge more in the simpler things in life
like.. laughing. Life is too darn short ya know.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by naijarates(m): 9:06am On Oct 07, 2014
And it made front page. One day person go say he soak garri and discovered that there is no sugar and it will make frontpage.

Anyway op people don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing. Use Ur tongue count Ural teeth.

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by libertyfather(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2014
Don't forget to pray today because GOD dint forget to wake you up this morning, that is it about ageing or you forgot many were not that lucky? Enjoy life now (this is not rehearsal)

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2014
So, whatz d big deal

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2014
amokeme:
seriously?? undecided

YES undecided
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2014
Op. Pls dnt be depressed. Since u have achieved self development, Flexing shouldnt be a probs ryt nw. Just forget your age and make lots of frnds. You r not 'old' mehn, btw age is just a matter of numbers
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by GodMode: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2014
pweetixandy:
U need God..u are not living a purpose driven life. Ur life has no depth,u have no love to give and so u are not receiving any. When u learn to live for others,life wld b meaningful.

stop living your life based on books and start living your life by living...

2 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*
Dat is Y dere is counseling department around, Do urself a favor and contact dis counseling agency and I assure u ur case will b solve easily. BOLU MARTINS COUNSELING CONSULTANCY 08069432355 08154638499
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by HASSANAASIA(f): 9:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Pray u go reach the 30 sef.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by LEAFLET(m): 9:15am On Oct 07, 2014
keppyy:
I'm 22years but I feel the same way bro...It's eating me up badly...
Had to do a quick check on your photo..You are one dark lovely girl..You shouldn't be..look up to the future with happiness...@ OP.. Try to cut down on a lot of things you used to do..I stopped smoking this September as i suddenly woke up one morning last month and got a message from my bank saying happy birthday which means a niccur just turned 27..It motivated me the more to live a more purposeful life..If you are the one that loves football,go out every weekend to exercise or visit the gym whenever you can and start looking for that special woman to make your life whole..Just act mature..You can still club but handle stuffs with maturity now kuz you gotta be a dad someday..Peace and don't be depressed rather enjoy the moment..
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by HASSANAASIA(f): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2014
You shld be happy reachn 30 some didn't instead of moping feelin depressed srt praising the lord!!!

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by September18(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Age is nothing but nUmbers, live life the best you can cos Life is a gift from God. I will suggest you keep your mind of it, do a lot of hanging out with friends, watching sports, movieS mostly comedies and get closer to God instead of lookin at the ceiling U can go into prayers or read your bible/quran.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by BankoleNco: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2014
viazi:
Are U sex starved? If yes start fucking your girl seriously, it helps a lot.

Dafuq? Did I mention DAT at any point?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by HASSANAASIA(f): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2014
I made 30 looks good bruv

5 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by HASSANAASIA(f): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2014
phreakabit:

Your included my dear

7 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by olempe(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
didadavid:
Why nau? Its sounds really weird
I think its weird, he really needs help. He's depressed on something not worth being depressed over, Smh. I think he's having simple schizophrenia... He should go and hug transfomer undecided
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Jakeattah(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
I guess its anxiety about life issues.... Pray...

Then take a cool beer grin

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2014
Late Twenties crisis grin
Can't wait to be 30 in a couple of years
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by centjamie(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2014
Each stage of life comes with its unique challenges.age is just a number unless you purge yourself of certain habits which are not in tune with adulthood.embrace adulthood with open arms and fill yourself with positive thoughts.you might want to engage yourself with thoughts of getting a good job and marriage, or any other thing that makes you happy.think about happy moments with your dream wife and children and choose to disallow the thought of the challenges associated with life and adulthood.these good memories would help you overcome depression.

At this point,always bé positive.

It is well already,goodluck....
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by fubbyy(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2014
This is where being tall and huge is a big disadvantage,because if you have small stature you will look in the mirror and said you are just 22 and you see yourself living 22

I'm telling some of my friends to go and get married and leave the game for us when I actually older than some of them... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by BankoleNco: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2014
pweetixandy:
U need God..u are not living a purpose driven life. Ur life has no depth,u have no love to give and so u are not receiving any. When u learn to live for others,life wld b meaningful.

Don't want to seem rude, but if I am to go by your post. I'd be well in my jurisdictions to say, you are the one without a purpose. Simplistic reasoning like yours stem from the brain of a barbaric dimwit! You don't even know me. How can you jump to such conclusions? I might be 29, but absolutely certain I live a better life than urs, atleast financially . You judgemental simpleton.

8 Likes

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Lordlexyy: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2014
If you feel you are 30 and you feel like 20, then you are 20. It's about feelings. If you feel old, then you are old. It's about feelings once again. Age is just but a number.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos / Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party / Acne Treatments And Common Brands Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.