Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! (34094 Views)

I Am So Depressed And At The Brink Of Committing Suicide. / Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by josh001(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2014
Jenams:
calm down! There is time for everytin. wen u get too spiritual wit issues u r likely to miss the point. This matter right here is nt a spiritual one abeg! I'm a christian so go get a chair n sit down n listen to intelligent people talk pls! I remember bak in uni, my pastor use to tell us to read for exams as if our prayers will nt work, and also pray to pass our exams as if readin will nt work. I tink there shud be a fair balance btwn reality n spirituality! No wonder we hav boko haram killin people up n down in nigeria today! We r too spiritual n we r nt even among d best 20 economy in the world! #nonsense.
You look at it from the " conmon, this cant be solved by the spiritual" point of view, but God is interested in every area of your life, not when you have problems, you now scurry to His feet, yes, read,but even then pray after reading for a retentive memory, you are depressed, remember ( the chastisement of our peace was upon him, isaiah 53). You deem it nonsense, well, i dont see it like that, i think the creator is interested in his creation.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Tinyemeka(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
007gal:

Telling someone who is already depressed to go and find a wife and get married is NOT the solution. This is a psychological health issue and it could just be MID LIFE CRISIS.. yes! I said it... you will be amazed that this does not only happen to men/women in their 40's anymore. It has been proved that more of our 'google generation' are falling into depression early on in their life. That's why you are having this feeling. You feel at this age you should have ticked everything in your 'bucketlist" but the reality is that you have not and that is setting you into this conundrum of emotion.

I was 32 when I felt this.I stopped working 9-5. I took a break. I was tired of everything. I decided I will live life for a year or two. I had savings.. I enrolled in smaller classes for gardening, piano lessons and flower class. It was therapy for me.. I hung out more with good friends and cancelled my long bucket list of MUST ACHIEVE THIS BY THIS AGE. Created simpler ones. I STOPPED BEING HARD ON MY SELF... I set smaller goals and achieved them one step at a time with flexibility. I stopped seeing life as one ball of complication and competition. I went back to work only part time to top up my savings and I got serious in giving my time to others ( my ministry) I did things that made me HAPPY. I got my life back. Lived a simpler life.. and eliminated that invisible bar only me set up for myself.

I do not know what will work best for you. You need to just find out yourself. Do something.. learn a language, take a hobby, develop friendships, learn to understand that success is not about material riches. Live simple and travel to see the world one step at a time.

'Start a serious relationship and get married.'
That was just one sentence out of my entire post. I advised on other things he should do.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by SenatorJames(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
BankoleNco:
Hey guys,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'd go ahead and post here as it is related to health (depression).
Well, I don't want to bore you with long sermon-esque writings, so I'd skip the fancy stuff and go straight
to the point. I'd be turning 30 mid next year and its really eating me up! I feel depressed and old! Its been
giving me sleepless nights and middle of the night insomnia I wake up 4.00 am for no reason nowadays
and just stare at the ceiling lost in thought and scared as hell with thoughts of being in the twilight of my youth,
knowing I'd have to get married pretty soon, just 10 years away from 40, no more clubbing, no more spontaneous
Saturday drives. The worst part is I spent MOST of my teenage and youth life in self development and didn't have
time to indulge in some most of the activities attached to youthful exuberance.Its paid off, yes! But, I AM DEPRESSED right now! sad
Did any of you guys currently 30 and above experience same? Would really help if someone said something. *sigh*
Just relax. from your analysis, I think you are feeling depress for the fear of tomorrow, let tomorrow take care of its self. You can even achieve more within the next 10 years before you turn 40.
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Isk:
lol. Such a funny comment.
add me on 2B74EFBB
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Tinyemeka(m): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2014
007gal:

Telling someone who is already depressed to go and find a wife and get married is NOT the solution. This is a psychological health issue and it could just be MID LIFE CRISIS.. yes! I said it... you will be amazed that this does not only happen to men/women in their 40's anymore. It has been proved that more of our 'google generation' are falling into depression early on in their life. That's why you are having this feeling. You feel at this age you should have ticked everything in your 'bucketlist" but the reality is that you have not and that is setting you into this conundrum of emotion.

I was 32 when I felt this.I stopped working 9-5. I took a break. I was tired of everything. I decided I will live life for a year or two. I had savings.. I enrolled in smaller classes for gardening, piano lessons and flower class. It was therapy for me.. I hung out more with good friends and cancelled my long bucket list of MUST ACHIEVE THIS BY THIS AGE. Created simpler ones. I STOPPED BEING HARD ON MY SELF... I set smaller goals and achieved them one step at a time with flexibility. I stopped seeing life as one ball of complication and competition. I went back to work only part time to top up my savings and I got serious in giving my time to others ( my ministry) I did things that made me HAPPY. I got my life back. Lived a simpler life.. and eliminated that invisible bar only me set up for myself.

I do not know what will work best for you. You need to just find out yourself. Do something.. learn a language, take a hobby, develop friendships, learn to understand that success is not about material riches. Live simple and travel to see the world one step at a time.
Sorry this reply is belated.

I didn't read your entire post the first time but now that I have, I see that it TOTALLY does not apply to a man.

I ask you: Those things that you did to tackle your depression (cancel your bucket list, your major goals and targets, assume a laid back life, travel around and have no worries whatsoever); if you see a man who is of marriageable age and did that, what would you make of such man? Do you see him as a man having the ideal manly qualities?

My dear, he would only be postponing the inevitable. He may feel good travelling around and laying about but I assure you that he won't feel that good later.

He should pursue [long term] happiness not the transient one. If he slacks in his targets and goals, he'll marry eventually abi? Even if as you say, it's not now. Who'll feed, educate, provide shelter for the family then?

P.S. I was thinking you were part of all these ultra-feminist, women-power types. Your website says otherwise. Na wa for you O. smiley
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Tinyemeka(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2014
BankoleNco:

You honestly think I give a rats ass about FP? I am talking about the intricate things of life and here you are telling me about some inconsequential FP shit! What value would it add to me. Not mad at you sorry, just. . . .

Sup? Saw your PM. My reply however was bounced back. Says your Yahoo ID was discontinued or no longer active.

How do we talk?
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by reflectrends: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
Perfect remedy for DEPRESSION(it works):

You want to shed some weight? Tone your abs?keep fit? Lets do it together in a fun and healthy way. CARDIOPARTY....
party yourself into SHAPE,through 3 amazing dance routines including old school special:
1)Hip Hop
2)Contemporary
3)Salsa
Side attraction: counseling session with health professionals,and lots more. For ticket booking,contact 08060144601,08033190506,08172073406,08020676029

Don't miss this opportunity to keep FIT on the MOVE!!!

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Djbond(m): 1:00am On Oct 17, 2014
I suggest u take Valium tablets

1 Like

Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by ayinba1(f): 2:43am On Nov 19, 2014
Bored is more like it. Lucky you. You are not thinking about "making it" so to speak. One way to cure this is to find a new goal and devote your energy to it to make it work. You are not quite challenged with your daily activities.

This is more common around age 40!

Good luck to you though
BTW; You missed NOTHING!
Re: Turning 30 And Feeling Depressed! by Whobedatte(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2015
HASSANAASIA:
I made 30 looks good bruv
u yaff old oo undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos / Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party / What Are Those Things You Have Stopped Doing Because Of Coronavirus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.