Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal (43042 Views)

Oritsejafor Breaks Silence On $9.3m Arms Deal Saga. / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2014
The South African media have published documents confirming the legitimacy of the $9.3million botched arms deals between Nigeria and the former apartheid enclave.
Reports by Rapport and City Press affirmed federal government’s official position that the transactions were legitimate.
The media houses said contrary to insinuations, end user certificates and a ‘shopping’ list accompanied the transactions as well as a note from Nigerian government authorizing the deals.

According to the reports, documents showed that the earlier consignment was approved by the Nigerian government  through the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA), which is officially mandated to issue the end-user certificate for such transactions involving the nation’s security agencies.
An entire “shopping list” was also said to have been supplied with the certificate, which included everything from helicopters to unmanned aircraft, rockets and ammunition.

A top security source in the intelligence service disclosed that“In issuing end-user certificate, the ONSA ensures that it carries all relevant agencies and stakeholders along. Therefore, such a responsibility is not a unilateral development.
“For security reasons, the chains leading to the issuance of end-user certificate cannot be put in the public domain.
“The recent interest in arms purchase was informed by the challenges of insurgency which our nation had been grappling with in the last few years. This is why the understanding of all Nigerians is necessary.

“Nigeria is desperate to counter activities of terrorists no matter what it takes even when some of our friends are not being fair to us.
“The government appeals to the media and all Nigerians, especially the opposition, to consider the overall national interest on security issues. They should not read negative meaning to every good intention of government in tackling insecurity in the country”.
Continuing, the source said“The federal government and some top intelligence officers are concerned about how some officials of South Africa decided to frustrate the efforts of Nigeria at containing the activities of terrorists operating in the North-Eastern axis.”

DailyPost gathered that there are concerns that despite the leeway given to South African companies to thrive in Nigeria, there are still officials of the country who are determined to frustrate Nigeria, which in April this year overtook South Africa as Africa’s largest economy.
Government loyalists insist that the botched deal is being used by some prominent persons for political reasons.
They also accused“vested interests”of wishing the war against insurgency was not won.

On the latest story of seizure of over $5million by South Africa, those in security circles say it may just be a refreshment of the old story with a new angle.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/10/07/concerns-nigeria-south-african-relationship-countrys-media-confirms-legitimacy-9-3m-arms-deal/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Ochek: 7:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Now, were are all those kicking left, right and centre. Blabbing all they can with their insulting e-tongues on my President? Hope you will be quick to take back your words like you were quick to let them loose?

#TeamGEJ2015

165 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Finally bt it came after a threat, I think say una no de fear.

10 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Front page please! I knew Government was right after all! tongue

GEJ till infinity!

grin grin grin

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Dreal1247: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2014
Could this be true? After Oritsejafor has been badly criticised for a business which according to him, he knows nothinp about. Enemies have been dancing assuming that they have gained sufficient political points from it. Its really a pitiable situation.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by BlackTechnology: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2014
APC e-ignoramuses come and apologize to the President

GEJ till 2019

The worst opposition party on earth

APC party filled with frustrated and destructive critics

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Story story, na now documents commot? This govt sef! angry

23 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Davo93(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2014
I am still of the opinion that some people are still not happy because their hands cannot carry out their enterprise.

Now that CAN & Pastor Oritsejafor have been exonerated, can you start asking God for the forgiveness of your sins? smiley I mean you!

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2014
This jealousy is becoming too much.
So they've always prayed for our detriment.
this people are worst than satan.

This is my verdict
All sa'ns should be shot, survivors should be beheaded and burnt alive. zuma should be sent to liberia without medical gear.

This does not explain why oritsejefor jet was used for d deal

11 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by omenka(m): 8:10am On Oct 07, 2014
Make me too follow shout: FRONT PAGE MODS!!!

GEJ till Oritsejafor stops doing kabu kabu with his evangelical jet!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2014
I'll be back when this hits front page.
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by omenka(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2014
phantonce:

This is my verdict
What manner of school did some of you guys attend really??

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Davo93(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2014
phantonce:

This is my verdict
You are right but not until some Nigerians stop rejoicing at every news item that paint Nigeria bad at the international scene in a bid to score cheap political points. Yes, we have our challenges which include Corruption that is condemnable. I know this! many of these nations are worst but they are just hell bent on destroying Nigeria.

#teamCampaignAgainstTerror
#SupportOurTroop
#SayNoToMediaPropaganda

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Mogidi: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2014
berem:
Front page please! I knew Government was right after all! tongue

GEJ till infinity!

grin grin grin

This is all you can say after all the malignment?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by ycmdng(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Abeg the moderator should move this thread to front page. GEJ or not South African gov is being a black sheep with all these seizure which is intentional. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Mogidi: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:

Ask yourself same question, you're one dude with unorthodox viewpoint.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
What manner of brain do u possess?
Wat's wrong with the sentence, professor lagbaja
All this pry 2 boys still wearing pants around the street forming grammar doctor for Nl.
I wnt blame u,na seun I see blame

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2014
Propaganda cum propagandum. Monies have changed hands. After almost a month? How long does it take to verify the legitimacy or otherwise of a transaction? How can a legitimate deal be made by flying cash around undocumented without the presence of senior officials from the office of the National Security Adviser nor Ministry of Defense nor any of the Service Chiefs. What kind of a deal that will contravene the laws of Money laundering and the CBN cashless policy.. What kind of a "legitimate" deal that will use a private jet belonging to a "Pastor" and Jonathan's ally, ex Armed robber(lols) and controversial figure rather than one of the over 12Presidential Jet? Very funny

It doesn't add up at all. These Jonathanians are not smart at all.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Mogidi: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2014
For those APC e-warlords with comprehension problem here it is in all its glory.

The South African media have published [size=15pt]documents confirming the legitimacy of the $9.3million[/size] botched arms deals between Nigeria and the former apartheid enclave.
Reports by Rapport and City Press affirmed federal government’s official position that the transactions were legitimate.

34 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by gunuvi(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2014
to all Nigeria haters I say fall down and die

14 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by CyberTerrorist: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2014
After some gullible fucktardsss has scored political points with it..anyway it made them look more daft and moronic..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by CloudBuilders: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2014
h
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by iceberylin(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2014
ĞŐĎ ßĹĔŚŚ ĞĔĴ cheesy

9 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by QMark: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2014
something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Ochek:
Now, were are all those kicking left, right and centre. Blabbing all they can with their insulting e-tongues on my President? Hope you will be quick to take back your words like you were quick to let them loose?

#TeamGEJ2015

So you still need to be told that money has changed hands somewhere abi? Joe will sure look for cover. I trust him.

#TeamGEJtill2015 you mean.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by adekennis(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Akiko for the. gODS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
What should we believe now. So, is Oritsejafor free now?

PS: Nigerians are already messing up themselves in the Big Brother House. See what a guy is doing to lilian Here
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by phollybee(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
ok
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by CloudBuilders: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
h
gunuvi:
ok
alirght
barcanista:
Propaganda cum propagandum. Monies have changed hand. After almost a month? How long does it take to verify the legitimacy or otherwise of a transaction? How can a legitimate deal be made by flying cash around undocumented without the presence of senior officials from the office of the National Security Adviser nor Ministry of Defense nor any of the Service Chiefs. What kind of a deal that will contravene the laws of Money laundering and the CBN cashless policy.. What kind of a "legitimate" deal that will use a private jet belonging to a "Pastor" and Jonathan's ally, ex Armed robber(lols) and controversial figure rather than one of the over 12Presidential Jet? Very funny
It doesn't add up at all. This Jonathanians are not smart at all.
hmm
gunuvi:
ok
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Sunnycliff(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Naija for life
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by eleojo23: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
This is why it is not good to make quick conclusions until all the facts are available.

7 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by decode55(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
some palms have been greased wink wink

9 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by GANDALF1(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2014
The fear of nationalisation for MTN, DSTV, SHOPRITE and other SA firms is the beginning of wisdom to President Zuma and the SA govt. grin

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I’ll Go All Ways To Get Back My Mandate – Peter Obi / APC Appoints Ambode Into Contact/Strategy Committee / Aisha Buhari Delayed From Landing By Patience Jonathan - Stella Dimokokorkus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.