Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:42 AM

South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal (42978 Views)

Oritsejafor Breaks Silence On $9.3m Arms Deal Saga. / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by maslong(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2014
DivideUs:
Story story, na now documents commot? This govt sef! angry

I rated your post (UNLIKE).
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Arogunmasa(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2014
South African govt or South African media? Now, when has d media become the official spokeperson for SA govt?

4 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Begonia(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2014
We all knew it will end like this especially after the Nigerian government threatened them. I still think Jonathan has a lot of explaining to do to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 07, 2014
njokusboy:

I have seen several fo'ols on nairaland... You standout in the community of fo'ols, matter of fact, you are their king..
rotfl...you just summed up n finished that pale n grey niggga

1 Like

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by kenex4ever(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2014
jaydee87:
its funny how we act in Nigeria now they said its legal after so much accusation on the wrong people
ques 1: why use the CAN president to transport
ques 2: why did it take S/Africa more than a week to tell us this
ques 3: why isn't Jonathan saying anything about it
and finally I tink our president shud give a speech on this cos it has done more arm than good...
and let's not forget that a meeting was held closed door BTW Mark, Obj and Tinubu..
food for thought: why is this coming after the meeting?
How does OBJ n Co meeting relate to this? Pls b logical abeg
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by ddeola: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2014
O-boy ! See runz...who no go confirm. SA govt know wetin d money go do for their economy nau

Naija do enter dem wella. grin grin grin
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by dustydee: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2014
There's nothing in the article to suggest that the money was legally taken into South Africa. They may have legally taken it out of Nigeria (which is subject to debate and interpretation) but by violating the South African law simply by not informing the authorities makes the deal Illegal.

1 Like

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by deScifa(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2014
All i can see is desperation by the Nigerian government to exonerate it self and associates of Money laundering . Yesterday $ 5.7 million was used to buttress the initial $ 9.3 million and today S.A confirmed it Legitimacy cool grin. Nigeria! i hail thee.

3 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Descartes: 11:01am On Oct 07, 2014
berem:
yeah WTF! Go and like my post joor!

GEJ till infinity! cheesy cheesy
See how desperate you have become even to the extent of begging for likes. angry Ewww Chim !!
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by emmatok(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2014
major466:

What money laundering are you talking about? You think the American government who sing the gospel of money laundering doesn’t engage in coverts operations of money smuggling through the CIA? You think Companies like Chevron, Halliburton, KFC, MTN, TOTAL etc don't engage in money laundering?
You think British companies don't engage in money laundering?
Your country is under ATTACK and you're here shouting money laundering. To hell with money laundering.

LOL, hear Nigerians supporting illegality,
Must you launder money to fight terrorism.
You don't ship money into another Mans country and expect them to look away.

1 Like

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Stoical: 11:02am On Oct 07, 2014
Whatever Diplomatic means have been used to settle this diplomatic brouhaha...I must commend it. I also wish to state that it's unwise to jump into unnecessary conclusion esp when one is not privy with the full facts(even though its sometimes hard to get this from govt agencies). Thirdly, govt should do much to have the confidence of Nigerian in terms of tackling CORRUPTION as it is rather than always label it something else.

Lastly, we shouldn't always dabble into foreign or diplomatic politics, when we don't know what's involved. With all due respect to the US and their citizens; American govt and others do flout international law/other sovereign laws and DIPLOMACY is always the solution...and their citizens do back them;from tapping of citizen's and foreign official phone lines by the US to destabilizing of another country's structures by russia. See, they are uncountable.

I know our govt aint doing enough to garner our support in these circumstances and also, ethnicity/religious divides also attributing to lack of support to the govt in power. But, the fact is, they still need our prayers and supports. Anyway, its an individual decisions!

God Bless my fatherland!!!
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by specco(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2014
Gej till 2019. In Daddy Showkey's voice...'Shame to bad people'

2 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Stoical: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2014
esere826:
The news article that the OP or is it daily post is referring to can be found here:
http://www.citypress.co.za/politics/another-sa-nigerian-arms-deal-bust/

It doesn't in any way exonerate the FG from stupidity. Instead, it ridicules the FGNs proclivity to making dumb cross border financial transactions.

If the government wanted so badly to 'illegally' buy weapons without the global watchdogs catching them, they should have been sensible enough to use someone without diplomatic immunity that will not be searched e.g the SA ambassador.

In fact, our ambassadors to some countries such as SA should be professionally trained spies not ordinary politicians

.....whish you guys goodluck

I concur with you...
Also, Whatever Diplomatic means have been used to settle this diplomatic brouhaha...I must commend it. I also wish to state that it's unwise to jump into unnecessary conclusion esp when one is not privy with the full facts(even though its sometimes hard to get this from govt agencies). Thirdly, govt should do much to have the confidence of Nigerian in terms of tackling CORRUPTION as it is rather than always label it something else.

Lastly, we shouldn't always dabble into foreign or diplomatic politics, when we don't know what's involved. With all due respect to the US and their citizens; American govt and others do flout international law/other sovereign laws and DIPLOMACY is always the solution...and their citizens do back them;from tapping of citizen's and foreign official phone lines by the US to destabilizing of another country's structures by russia. See, they are uncountable.

I know our govt aint doing enough to garner our support in these circumstances and also, ethnicity/religious divides also attributing to lack of support to the govt in power. But, the fact is, they still need our prayers and supports. Anyway, its an individual decisions!

God Bless my fatherland!!!
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Descartes: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2014
Trailblazer1:
I'm just waiting for Sahara reporters to report this news.
I can't wait to see them eat their words and hide their heads in shame.

Negative journalism, destructive criticism and falsified news will never make you significant. Its not bravery but cowardice.
GBAM !!!

2 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by brainpower(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
Propaganda cum propagandum. Monies have changed hand. After almost a month? How long does it take to verify the legitimacy or otherwise of a transaction? How can a legitimate deal be made by flying cash around undocumented without the presence of senior officials from the office of the National Security Adviser nor Ministry of Defense nor any of the Service Chiefs. What kind of a deal that will contravene the laws of Money laundering and the CBN cashless policy.. What kind of a "legitimate" deal that will use a private jet belonging to a "Pastor" and Jonathan's ally, ex Armed robber(lols) and controversial figure rather than one of the over 12Presidential Jet? Very funny

It doesn't add up at all. This Jonathanians are not smart at all.

This is the height of it. It is not wrong to admit that you are wrong for once. This is pure hatred not just for the president but for Nigeria. I doubt if you have happiness in your life for once. Stop thinking about GEJ for once, think about how it has redeemed our name as a nation to the South Africans who were insulting us. Even if money changed hands, atleast some one accepted the money, which means thesame SA govt you praised is also corrupt. How many SA citizens are accusing their govt of taking money. You don't know the intricacies in politics and war. Don't forget many SA citizens died from the synagogue building collapse and we also overtook them as the biggest economy in africa, I always knew there was something behind the seizure. If you are a representative of APC then we are in trouble if APC ever rules us.

10 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
Propaganda cum propagandum. Monies have changed hand. After almost a month? How long does it take to verify the legitimacy or otherwise of a transaction? How can a legitimate deal be made by flying cash around undocumented without the presence of senior officials from the office of the National Security Adviser nor Ministry of Defense nor any of the Service Chiefs. What kind of a deal that will contravene the laws of Money laundering and the CBN cashless policy.. What kind of a "legitimate" deal that will use a private jet belonging to a "Pastor" and Jonathan's ally, ex Armed robber(lols) and controversial figure rather than one of the over 12Presidential Jet? Very funny

Monies hav changed hands now that the report does not suit you politically? But this same South African media published the initial report on which basis you went to town cursing and abusing the president of the federal republic and the CAN president. Why is the truth always too bitter for Tinubu attack dogs to swallow? Shame on you!

9 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Descartes: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2014
Blakyclyde:

What threat?
Didn't hear about a threat.

Can you tell me about it, please?

And to the topic:
I just don't know what to believe anymore.
APC e-warriors tearing down the Jonathan administration.
The Jonathan administration feeding us sumptuous lies since 2011.
South Africa playing on our media stupidity.

Naija I dey hail o!
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by kenex4ever(m): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
Another Jonathanian zombie on the loose
Is dat all u can say? Guy u can do better dan dat
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by OLADD: 11:23am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:

[/color][color=#006600]

Rather, what has "not added up" is your unabated disenchantment with and disbelief in explanations or statements emanating from govt circle. The nation has been told of the secretive but legal nature of the cash-for-arms transaction and I think they should be given benefit of the doubt. There's nothing fishy if the govt in their wisdom decides to use private plane to convey officials and currency for foreign transactions if that's the best option to effect its smooth sail. As earlier told, this is not the first time such secrete arms purchase has been done and it won't be the last. For instance, we have seen Nigerian police using civilian commercial vehicles to effect arrest of notorious armed robbers in Lagos. If such action turns awry, should the authority be castigated for not using regular police vans? You might say that's a local inference, but using Orishajefor's chartered plane was not an anomaly but a clear strategy to avoid enemies' attention. That's my opinion, I may be wrong though.

5 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by HARDDON: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
What manner of school did some of you guys attend really??

... And this construct of yours is perfect ? Huh?
U got a log right in your eyes , yet you go about pointing out lil dent in another's ....

3 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by mustymatic(m): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2014
South African Govt has bn corrupted by d Nigerian Mugus...theres no other explanation.Period ;p
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by HARDDON: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
What manner of school did some of you guys attend really??

... And this construct of yours is perfect ? Huh?
U got a log right in your eyes , yet you go about pointing out lil dent in another's ....

@ op, I'm glad we could get to the bottom of this.

I look forward to an unreserved apologies from the SA government . if not, we'd start their malhanding with MTN
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2014
berem:
Front page please! I knew Government was right after all! tongue

GEJ till infinity!

grin grin grin
I av always followed ur post in anger.... Is this really u?
berem:
Front page please! I knew Government was right after all! tongue

GEJ till infinity!

grin grin grin
I av always followed ur post in anger.... Is this really u?
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by major466(m): 11:38am On Oct 07, 2014
emmatok:

LOL, hear Nigerians supporting illegality,
Must you launder money to fight terrorism.
You don't ship money into another Mans country and expect them to look away.
FYI, the so called money Laundering Act enacted as a means to fight global terrorism worldwide is a fallacy. What the Law actually means is that every transaction intended for good purposes, like humanitarian services, care for the needy by well meaning groups and individuals especially during hard times be wired through networks where it can be monitored, tract and stopped if the need arises. It's NEVER about Terrorism. It's part of the cashless policy initiative, to tract individuals and every transaction. Very soon you will not be allowed to hold a single naira note to buy stuff in the market. You will be tract and there will be no hidden place for you.
I know it's a bit handful for you to fully digest. But those who are fully informed about international lies know what am talking about.
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2014
F117A:
Dasuki or whatever he is called should be fired and prosecuted.
Even a 2 year old child knows that SA is not a friendly nation , atleast recently.
But what did the idiott do?
He gave them Nigeria's head on a platter.
That is the koko. An intelligent and competent NSA should have known better
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by OLADD: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Monies hav changed hands now that the report does not suit you politically? But this same South African media published the initial report on which basis you went to town cursing and abusing the president of the federal republic and the CAN president. Why is the truth always too bitter for Tinubu attack dogs to swallow? Shame on you!
[/color][color=#006600]

Don't be surprised friend. Most Nigerians don't have the ability to conceded defeat even when it's beyond proportion. Instead of throwing up bribery as the reason for the latest recants from SA, silence should have been a better option. Blind criticism and spurious insinuations aren't good for liberal minds.

3 Likes

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2014
OLADD:
[/color][color=#006600]

Rather, what has "not added up" is your unabated disenchantment with and disbelief in explanations or statements emanating from govt circle. The nation has been told of the secretive but legal nature of the cash-for-arms transaction and I think they should be given benefit of the doubt. There's nothing fishy if the govt in their wisdom decides to use private plane to convey officials and currency for foreign transactions if that's the best option to effect its smooth sail. As earlier told, this is not the first time such secrete arms purchase has been done and it won't be the last. For instance, we have seen Nigerian police using civilian commercial vehicles to effect arrest of notorious armed robbers in Lagos. If such action turns awry, should the authority be castigated for not using regular police vans? You might say that's a local inference, but using Orishajefor's chartered plane was not an anomaly but a clear strategy to avoid enemies' attention. That's my opinion, I may be wrong though.
Sincere9gerian:

brainpower:

This is the height of it. It is not wrong to admit that you are wrong for once. This is pure hatred not just for the president but for Nigeria. I doubt if you have happiness in your life for once. Stop thinking about GEJ for once, think about how it has redeemed our name as a nation to the South Africans who were insulting us. Even if money changed hands, atleast some one accepted the money, which means thesame SA govt you praised is also corrupt. How many SA citizens are accusing their govt of taking money. You don't know the intricacies in politics and war. Don't forget many SA citizens died from the synagogue building collapse and we also overtook them as the biggest economy in africa, I always knew there was something behind the seizure. If you are a representative of APC then we are in trouble if APC ever rules us.
dani3:
broda go nd have a retink of wat u just said
nigerianvenom:

now i know why people regard u as a fooool
burningspear:

See who is now smarter than GEJ.

Nonsense!

How easy, and now cheap, it is to criticize the man and propagate falsity "monies have changed hand".

All that this government need is your support and not the ongoing pull-down and back-stabbing!

Though battered from all sides, our hope is not waned! Nigeria will be great!!

You all are being too emotional, calm down and reason like humans rather than wasting your brains. I stand on my position...

Propaganda cum propagandum. Monies have changed hands. After almost a month? How long does it take to verify the legitimacy or otherwise of a transaction? How can a legitimate deal be made by flying cash around undocumented without the presence of senior officials from the office of the National Security Adviser nor Ministry of Defense nor any of the Service Chiefs. What kind of a deal that will contravene the laws of Money laundering and the CBN cashless policy.. What kind of a "legitimate" deal that will use a private jet belonging to a "Pastor" and Jonathan's ally, ex Armed robber(lols) and controversial figure rather than one of the over 12Presidential Jet? Very funny

It doesn't add up at all. These Jonathanians are not smart at all.
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Toks2008:

Oh my GOD.

I have ben wondering about so many issues concerning this siezed 9.7m usd and i cant shake off these questions.

1.Could it be that the federal government actually purchased that jet for the CAN president because i dont see where he can get money to buy such considering his financial prowess.

2.Could it be that the fed government have been using this clergy jet to smuggle out our money ofcourse with a ready document to back the act incase they are found out?

3,Could it be that pres Zuma of south Africa have had a secret pally with Jonathan to save the fed government of Nigeria this big shame hence bringing out he new story for the gods?

*Just wondering*
4. Could it be that you'r the greatest mumu on planet earth?

*just wondering*

1 Like

Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by Samoranopapa(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2014
I now smell something
Re: South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal by deeobserver209(m): 11:55am On Oct 07, 2014
That's why it's not advisable to dabble and comment on a developments like this without waiting for thorough investigations by South African Government. Individuals have been attacked with their image brutalized for no fault of theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today / Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap / Babajide Sanwo-Olu: 5 Things You Don’t Know About Lagos APC Governorship Candida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.