Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) (6375 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by wonlasewonimi: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
this girl dunce small...she said she's never visited the guy's website but also said that when she visited the site it's full of plagiarism.

Keep a low profile like Seun..Nobody on this site knows he owns lamborghini aventador...only me knows.

8 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by BOAR: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

this girl dunce small...she said she's never visited the guy's website but also said that when she visited the site it's full of plagiarism.

Keep a low profile like Seun..Nobody on this site knows he owns lamborghini aventador...only me knows.

grin grin grin
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by otokx(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
maestroferddi:
I am afraid your question holds little water in the world of cyberspace.

BTW, she has provided a reasonable explanation in her piece above.

Her explanation is anything but an explanation, its like the tales of a drunkard.

6 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Lanceslot(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
RevDesmondJuju:
This wigged amebo should know that nobody gives a hoot about her crappy blog
Get lost hater. Appreciate good if you wona see good.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by otokx(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
Lanceslot:
Get lost hater. Appreciate good if you wona see good.

Sounds mediocre.

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by maestroferddi: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
otokx:

Her explanation is anything but an explanation, its like the tales of a drunkard jumping from earth to mars and back.
You cut her some slack!

The sky is wide enough to accommodate another bird capable enough to fly...

Those who hold a "pull-her-down" (phd) generally encounter difficulties while trying to acquired a "lift-me-up" (lmu).

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by otokx(m): 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
maestroferddi:
You cut her some slack!

The sky is wide enough to accommodate another bird capable enough to fly...

Those who hold a "pull-her-down" (phd) generally encounter difficulties while trying to acquired a "lift-me-up" (lmu).

Did she or did she not? If she did, no big deal, appologize, make restitution and do not repeat the act. If she did not, then invite her accusers to point out which article or photo she plagarized.

Life can be so simple, the chap on twitter has really packaged his case, up on till now i never knew what was DMCA. The picture of the guy put up here is on twitter, its not a new discovery.

For the records though i do not know or say if Linda is guilty or innocent but her explanation/response is not robust and quite disappointing.

5 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Lanceslot(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
otokx:

Sounds mediocre.
Get lost ozu.
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by otokx(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
Lanceslot:
Get lost ozu.

is that the best you can come up with?

5 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by BOAR: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
otokx:

Did she or did she not? If she did, no big deal, appologize, make restitution and do not repeat the act. If she did not, then invite her accusers to point out which article or photo she plagarized.

Life can be so simple, the chap on twitter has really packaged his case, up on till now i never knew what was DMCA. The picture of the guy put up here is on twitter, its not a new discovery.

For the records though i do not know or say if Linda is guilty or innocent but her explanation/response is not robust and quite disappointing.

She is basically saying because she is successful, some people want to pull her down, more like a blackmail tactics to me.

However, she tried justifying while she uses other blogger materials, if she has acknowledged those she uses their materials 100% of the time or not is not what she could give satisfactory answer too.

But she understands the Nigerian psyche to get emotional perfectly and she is using that line perfectly ""because I am successful, some haters want to pull me down""

We can't be here passing judgement if we don't get to listen to the other side of the story.
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by maestroferddi: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
otokx:

It seems you have an axe to grind with her.

While the hating?

Go through her explanation again so that you can see where she alluded to the usage of data/content.

I am not sure that you understand the workings of cyberspace.
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by donphilopus: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
MarthaK:
Linda Ikeji don baff? undecided

Ekpoma girl?! Who Linda Ikeji don help?!
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
donphilopus:

Ekpoma girl?! Who Linda Ikeji don help?!
I tire o...
Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by otokx(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
maestroferddi:
It seems you have an axe to grind with her.

While the hating?

Go through her explanation again so that you can see where she alluded to the usage of data/content.

I am not sure that you understand the workings of cyberspace.

your last sentence sounds familiar; looks like its the same lame excuse she put up somewhere in her response.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by kay29000(m): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
To those complaining that she makes too much noise about her wealth, you have to realize that she does it to motivate people, and show that hard work and persivearance pays off. She went from "nothing to something" and she reminds her readers about that every time she speaks on her wealth. She doesn't make it seem like she is better than anyone else like how celebrities do their own Instagram Stunting.

And about her case, most blogs and websites the world over get their news from somewhere, it is not just her. If she did "copy and paste" then there is a big problem there, but if she rewrote the story, it ain't a biggie. This guy registered the domain name lindaikeji.net and a few other domains similar to her domain...it is clear this is a planned and calculated move.

He is going down the moral road, but this looks like personal vandetta to me.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
I can't read all this na angry

There's a reason those guys attacked her.She shld learn from it and avoid copyright loopholes...#My2Kobo undecided

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by cirmuell(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
The most visited site in 9ja? wtf, she dey dream? Well goodluck with her fight.
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Superstar007(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
cirmuell:
The most visited site in 9ja? wtf, she dey dream? Well goodluck with her fight.

Most visited news site*
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Superstar007(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

grin grin grin
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
otokx:
Did Linda Ikeji use other peoples materials and work without permission? If she did, does it constitute a criminal act? Let us focus on the substance.

Truth be told in a country like Nigeria where wealth is celebrated without considering the legitimacy of the source it will be hard for people to crtically evaluate issues. Throw in a mix of religion and ethnicity then the conclusion will be like GEJ till 2019.

Gbam
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Intro to big's my downfall

Jealousy's a muthafooker, you weak jealous muthafookers if u a jealous muthafooker you just a weak muthafooka, see when you on top, muthafookas just wanna bring you down. .

This we fellow probably wants to steal lib, scatter the blog and have people come to one of his registered URLs.

He may even be the unlamented lailaikeji.
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by cirmuell(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
Superstar007:

Most visited news site*
really?
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Mobsync(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
Comments about this Linda Ikeji saga on this forum are more realistic and appear more sensible than those on that article on Linda's blog.

I've done several online searches and also read Linda's blog about the issue. She claimed the guy was cybersquatting on lindaikeji.net domain name but quickly began redirecting it to lindaikeji..com recently when Google got involved. I believe Linda is lying. About two years ago or thereabout, lindaikeji.net was redirecting to lindaikeji..com, for those who knew about it. This means that both of them are most probably known to eachother or are even business partners. The issue between them is more than they make us believe, there's more to it.

Secondly, let's all be realistic and stop all these "every blogger is guilty of plagiarism" etc crap. Someone once told said something about this issue on a facebook group I belong to:
When you do your school final year project, don't you copy from other people's work? Yet it isn't called plagiarism, why?
Because you add references and you also change the wordings to suit your taste and also appear different from that in which it originally appeared. Even top news agencies copy each other. But they're usually rewritten and made so different from eachother.
Linda Ikeji is merely trying to win public pity and also bring down the guy. To me, it's a fail. She's guilty and should learn from her mistakes. Because someone steals is not a justification that she should also steal. And when she gets caught, she shouldn't say, the person who caught her reported her because she has this and that. She should stop trying to justify her misdeeds and mistakes. She should accept them, apologize and stop it.

Besides, I would advice her to remove the guys picture because she's using it without permission.

And for you OP, I can't see a link in your article, it's also plagiarism.

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Bellasharonne(f): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
eehya
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Mobsync(m): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
oyb:
Intro to big's my downfall

Jealousy's a muthafooker, you weak jealous muthafookers if u a jealous muthafooker you just a weak muthafooka, see when you on top, muthafookas just wanna bring you down. .

This we fellow probably wants to steal lib, scatter the blog and have people come to one of his registered URLs.

He may even be the unlamented lailaikeji.

Dumb and senseless. Totally devoid of opinion or knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Linda ikeji ...jmn
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Jinyjagz(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
u expect me To read all dis shtako!
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by GodMode: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
kay29000:
To those complaining that she makes too much noise about her wealth, you have to realize that she does it to motivate people, and show that hard work and persivearance pays off. She went from "nothing to something" and she reminds her readers about that every time she speaks on her wealth. She doesn't make it seem like she is better than anyone else like how celebrities do their own Instagram Stunting.

And about her case, most blogs and websites the world over get their news from somewhere, it is not just her. If she did "copy and paste" then there is a big problem there, but if she rewrote the story, it ain't a biggie. This guy registered the domain name lindaikeji.net and a few other domains similar to her domain...it is clear this is a planned and calculated move.

He is going down the moral road, but this looks like personal vandetta to me.

when people copy they always give reference to the website.. most Nigerian bloggers don't give reference to sites they copy from... that is very wrong. If Google sets its eyes on Nigerian bloggers a lot of blogs will be deleted not just Linda's blog.
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by kay29000(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
GodMode:

when people copy they always give reference to the website.. most Nigerian bloggers don't give reference to sites they copy from... that is very wrong. If Google sets its eyes on Nigerian bloggers a lot of blogs will be deleted not just Linda's blog.

Yea...that's very true. But at least Linda still rewrites the news...Those other bloggers just do outright "copy and paste"
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by Superstar007(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
cirmuell:
really?

Yeah. . Her site is the most visited Nigerian site after Nairaland.
Check here>>> http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/NG
Re: Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) by steppin: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
She's a Celebrity Blogger. It is in her interest not to "keep a low profile". Do you understand??
Well....since it's in her interest "not to keep a low profile", she should be ready for what comes with it. Being a celebrity is a job, you work to get in and you work to stay in. So, she should stop lamenting and face her troubles like other people do!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out The Top 7 Instagram Blogs In Nigeria / World Wide Web Marks 28 Years Anniversary Today / How Do Spammers Find Out When A New Domain Is Registered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.