Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old (37470 Views)

My Dog Attacked Me / Police Parade Dogs That Attacked Four-year-old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Moneyb: 10:44am On Oct 07, 2014
Four-year-old Omonigho Abraham is currently battling for his life at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, after his scalp was eaten by two dogs.

The dogs chewed the skin and exposed the victim’s skull during the attack which happened on Thursday on Adegboyega Street, Akesan Estate, in the Igando area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro had reported last week that the police arrested the two dogs for attacking Omonigho.

However, our correspondent learnt from eyewitnesses that the dogs dragged him through the compound for more than one hour while policemen and sympathisers watched helplessly at the entrance of the house for fear of being attacked by the savage dogs.

The immediate elder brother of the victim, seven-year-old Osemudiamen, told our correspondent that the dogs had chased him, Omonigho and their elder brother, Bobby, while they were taking turns to ride a bicycle.

He said, “We were riding a bicycle in the compound when the big dogs ─ Jack and Gadaffi ─ started barking at us. Later, they moved towards us.

“My elder brother and I quickly ran upstairs and locked the door while Omo (Omonigho), who could not run fast, was left behind.

“When he got to the door, he knocked that we should open for him and as we did, one of the dogs forced his way into the house with him.

“We all ran out. Bobby jumped down from upstairs and I also jumped. But Omo could not jump, so the dog attacked him.

“The other dog also joined in the attack and there was nothing we could do.”

It was learnt that the screams of the children who managed to get outside attracted passersby and residents who besieged the house.

No fewer than seven policemen from the Igando Police Station reportedly stood at the gate, confused.

An eyewitness, who lived on the street, but pleaded anonymity, said, “The police came, but said there was nothing they could do. The dogs were growling as they ate the child alive and that sent fear into everyone. Nobody could move inside to challenge the dogs. Everybody was just shouting in confusion and wielding sticks.”

The victim’s mother, Mrs. Helen Abraham, who was away when the incident happened, said her son had been injured by the time she arrived at the scene.

She said, “When I got there, I met a crowd. They asked me not to go inside, but I refused to listen to them. One of the dogs emerged from the corridor with blood stains in its mouth. I ran inside. The other dog, on sighting me, pounced, but I fought back. It later ran away. I called on people who joined me to take him to a hospital.

“This has been a nightmare I want to wake up from.”

The victim’s father, Mr. Odia Abraham, said the medical personnel at the Igando General Hospital asked them to transfer him to LASUTH because of the severity of the attack.

“The doctor at Igando said his condition was critical and we should take him to LASUTH. When the incident happened, I was away at work.

“But when I got home, I saw parts of my son’s scalp on the floor. The dogs dragged him through the compound for about one and half hours and nobody moved near them. His face was also affected, but thankfully it did not get to his eyes.

“His two brothers, who survived, also got injured. The seven-year-old who spoke with you has a fracture, which we are still treating. The other, who is 13 years, has a minor injury.

“We marked Omo’s fourth year birthday in June. He is a very intelligent boy and he always tells me he wants to be a soldier because he loves to protect people. I am hoping this thing will not affect his brain,” he said.

The police were said to have arrested the owner of the dogs, one Stanley Wesley.

A resident said the people living in the house had warned Wesley about his dogs but he refused to listen.

She said, “We became alarmed when he brought a third dog recently which was more ferocious and bigger than the others. Whenever he took that dog on a walk, even adults would be scared.

“People told him to find a place to keep his giant dogs, but he refused to listen. It was the new dog that first followed those children into the house.”

When our correspondent visited the Burns and Plastic Ward of LASUTH, he was told the victim was asleep.

The matron in charge of the ward told our correspondent she would not comment unless the Public Relations Officer of the hospital gave an approval.

However, the PRO was said to be unavailable as he was on leave.

A medical officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the victim’s condition was “serious and critical.”

The Police spokesperson, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said the police were the ones that actually rescued the victim.

Nwosu said, “I can confirm to you that on September 25, at about 5.40pm, dogs belonging to one Stanley Wesley attacked and harmed a four-year-old boy and the matter was reported at the Igando Police Division.

“The report from the Divisional Police Officer indicated that the dogs were being kept to undergo some tests, while their owner had been arrested. The report that the police did not do anything is not true.”

Source:http://www.punchng.com/news/269120/

Pls owners of dogs be advised to train your dog properly if you want to leave them roaming about with your children at home.
May God protect us all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Wealthyone: 10:51am On Oct 07, 2014
Painful cry cry. Donno Why people keep dogs....I just hate that animal.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by boombay(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2014
mehn... those dogs should be sold out to calabar men lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by fursh(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2014
Aggressive dogs should either be chained or kept in a cage. One just can't let loose fierce dogs in a compound filled with other people, restricting others of their freedom. Some peeps just don't know the difference between having a pet and a security dog.

Sad story, I pray omo scale through this soon. Amen

66 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GogetterMD(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2014
Oga Seun should come and comment and defend his beloved creatures

24 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Fabdedon(m): 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
#Grabs a seat ..waiting patiently for oga seun comment..

5 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GogetterMD(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
But I would really like to know what breeds the dogs were

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by chucky234(m): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
There are no bad dogs but bad owners, very sad news.

21 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by kolokolobi(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
I'm a dog lover and over the years when I've lived within shared spaces I keep my dogs within my controlled space. Its a no brainer for the owner to let the dogs roam especially with kids around. So sad that people stood and watched while the child was being mauled. I hope the lad pulls through and recovers from the trauma fully. The dog owner is in for a rough ride.

12 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Youngzedd(m): 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Quick Recovery.

The owner should be charged to court and should serve minimum of 10 years jail term.

Person wey never chop dey train dogs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by chibwike(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
so sad, maybe pets section should be closed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Babyboy1986(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Youngzedd:
Hffh
oh ye keeper of space

the mother said, “When I got there, I met a crowd. They asked me
not to go inside, but I refused to listen to them. One of the
dogs emerged from the corridor with blood stains in its
mouth. I ran inside. The other dog, on sighting me, pounced,
but I fought back
. It later ran away. I called on people who
joined me to take him to a hospital.
... only the mother was able to enter even against people's advice. she even fought it while the policemen where looking.

I feel for the parents I know how bad they're feeling now. May God heal the boy. so sad.. the owner should be taught a lesson for not caging them during the day. angry

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by destino24(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Dogs, Man's best friend.

What a friend we have in dogs

5 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
GogetterMD:
Oga Seun should come and comment and defend his beloved creatures
Lol

1 Like

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Dygeasy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Painful!

The owner of those dogs go hear am.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Youngzedd(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
booqee:
oh ye keeper of space

Nawaa person no fit book space again

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
I would always say it, dogs are not your friend, they are killers!
I pray the boy recover and hope it doesn't affect his brain,
Dogs are the worst thing in my life, I watched my young nephew suffered and died because of dog bite.
With all the stories going round about how dogs attack their owners, some silly peeps still keep dogs.
I wish they eat their owner alive, stupid man, keeping dogs in a house where other people live.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by guruvick(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
With all the stories going round about how dogs attack their owners.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
I guess it was a spirit dat enter those dogs,same spirit made pple to be confused even d police men too nt to knw wat to do,its dog oooo not Lions even if it's Big stick or even cutlass wil stop d dogs!

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by kunlesehan(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kill the damned creatures.
we're not through with human terrorists and now this? Smh

7 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
They should arrest those dogs along with the owner and charge them for attempted murder.Get well soon boy.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
What breed of dogs is it, Mr Stanley abeg when ur dog born, I want to buy two.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by GovWahala: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
This is horrible! I feel for the boy.
But his elder brothers are cowards, at 7 or above I terrorize dogs already, except if the dogs are not ordinary dogs, if not a dog to follow me into my compound makes it dead talk more of inside my house that dog will be terribly bruised, and in their case it's not just one person.
Those police men need to be locked up, haba seven of you and u could not stop two dog because they were growling? I'm so angry men.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Those Dogs must be SUARES'S dogs...I receive bans now like say I be SUARES.. Anytime I comment, d next tin I see on my profile Is dat I've been banned... God is watching diz guys banning me o...

9 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by 1stola: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
WHERE ARE THE ALUUS
THOSE DOGS MUST BE LYNCHED. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Rapzino: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
Crucify them! Crucify them! Crucify them! May God heal the young boy, it must be really hard for his parents to come to terms with this incident.
Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Wittywizard(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
I wonder who is now lieing between the police boss and the mother of the affected child.. Pls, the news reported that the child mother went in and bounce on one of the dogs but now it was reported that the police boss said that they rescue the child... How many police man rescue the dogs.... Abeg, police is the most hated being on earth i have ever come across

5 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by san316(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
Oh boy eh! Who keeps wild animals in residential areas. I thought wild dogs are only let out at night and within the owners compound. Kudos to the woman, a mother's love fos her child knows no danger. Those yeye policemen and lookers-on abi na onlookers must be prosecuted. Bunch of cowards!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Lero15(m): 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
shocked shocked
No dog is your friend if it doesn't know you.
The owner should be punished!
I wish the boy a quick recovery.
cry

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by youngwarlocks: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
1. nigerian police are cowards: A soldier would av done beta

2. dose dogs should be tested, seems fathers are tigers and mothers dogs....cross breeding suspected.

3. i pity d little boy who is aspiring to b a soldier...get well soon boy....

4. and to d owner of d dog i say he should "go and die" for keeping wild animals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Attacked My Brother Inside Our Flat ─ Seven-year-old by Brymo: 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ow? negligence, i suppose. Sowie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Inflicts Injury On Neighbour's Dog In Warri; Doctors Stitch The Dog (Graphic / The Adventures Of Boji, Istanbul’s Traveling Dog (Photos) / Guard Dog Prevents Armed Policeman From Jumping Into Compound (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.