Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality (43375 Views)

Dana House Assembly Plant Sacks All Their Graduate Trainee / The Nigerian Engineer And The Oil/Gas Career Mentality / Old Thinking Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by SlimSkipper(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
vacancy vacancy!!!
professional akara fryer wanted
apply wethin.
Qualification: B.Sc or B.Tech in any nigerian university
grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Hemanwel(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
Please,is there any prize attached to commenting on the front page these days?
Someone should fill me in if I'm missing out oh!Just imagine front page comments!

OP,nice write-up!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by ultraawesome(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
lawrenceunaa:
ok
ayusco85:
Ok
fashoo2010:
iceberylin:
ŚŐ. ÁŦŤĔŔ ÁĹĹ ŤĤĔ ŚŤŔĔŚŚ Ú ĔЖPĔČŤ Á ĞŔÁĎÚÁŤĔ ŤŐ ŚĔĹĹ Moi-MŐĨ , ČĤÁĨ,ŤĤĔĨŔ Ĩs ĞŐĎ Ő cry
Gifted4all:
g
Udodasco1:
Geenet:
u
InwehAkpevwe:
ojayfrancis:
True yarn
keyzid:
Richardjemedafe:
E
nedu213:
Booked
constance500:
Bomb
babatgtr:
Ok ooo
Adyrin:
Booked
kayce911:
K
God is watching you

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by ik4life: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Will be a graduate by next week so my people a little likes and congratulations won't be a bad idea tnks @op u are right o am already thinking towards that direction #selfemployment

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by buchisom1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
poster lead d way for us.....let start with plantaain business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by olayincar(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nice 1
But @op can u sell moimoi as a graduate?
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Idrismusty97(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by datguru: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nice
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Bryan12(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
Proudly a spacebooker.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by segcymoor(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmn.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by 234GT(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
But don't blame them! When your friend made it quick and large with a job at Chevron nkko?

You now want Ada Or Segun to start small by selling recharge card? When his classmate who works with etisalat is cruising a 2005 lexus aroung and feeling like a superstar?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by kaywiluv(f): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
daresma93:
Time to dump my certificate and start selling buns

Better still, use ​Ɣ☺ΰr certificate to wrap buns for ​Ɣ☺ΰr costomer.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by SlimSkipper(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
daresma93:
Time to dump my certificate and start sellin buns
LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by allanphash7(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Jonahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by akpanikpe(m): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
Make me sef ff book space.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by SlimSkipper(m): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
kaywiluv:

BAbe u no nice at all o! shai dia ris God o! grin
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Ekowise(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
Thanks for this.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by victorazy(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
OP got no much likes cuz he stepped on many toes grin
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by luvola(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
I am a graduate and still looking for job but since the job has not materialized , I resort to selling of footwears (designers and hand made) .. oya make una order now o.....

Order quality footwears from.olak
store ##.Biz
line / whatapp : 07089328564 *y*
pin 746F8F4C kindly rbc

http://nairacity..nl/2014/09/place-your-order-for-your-various.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by coolluk(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Fdcf
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Gifted4all(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by profemoral(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
Are you a student in the science field, about
rounding up your project and in need of a
professional touch to help in snapping your tissue
slides using LCD digital microscope?
Due to the challenges and limited availability of
high quality digital microscope,
we fedrim photomicrograph provides you the
under listed services.
ONE MAGNIFICATION (your preferred choice)
N100 per slide (soft copy of photomicrograph
only)
N150 per slide (soft copy of photomicrograph
with interpretation)
TWO MAGNIFICATIONS (your preferred choice)
N120 per slide (soft copy of photomicrograph
only)
N170 per slide (soft copy of photomicrograph
with interpretation)
THREE MAGNIFICATIONS (your preferred choice)
N150 per slide (soft copy of photomicrograph
only)
N200 per slide (soft copy of phptomicrograph
with interpretation)
PLEASE NOTE - PRICES ARE NON INCLUSIVE OF
PRINTING (HARD COPY)
We can discuss/negotiate printing with you to suit
your demand.
Thank you
Fedrim Photomicrograph
call/whatsapp 08054790500
bbm 7e169f3f
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
DollyParton1:
With the line, "a graduate can be selling moimoi" u used in ur post, u got me craving moimoi. Now I have to go moimoi hunting.
lol u aren't serious at all
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by iconize(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nigerians see some crappy papers called certificates as the ultimate, hence the lack of skills amongst many youths.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
TheTEN(10)+likes u get na probably people wen dey stay abroad with u ..who kon tell u say na the pattern be that? Omo nowadays dem no dey ring am for persin ear twice,even if na petroleum u read u gast look for other means to sustain until u get that big break to work on ur field job.

MODIFIED

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Op! Why did you tag Nigeria as an underworld (on your profile)? Woe betide you tagging my homeland an underworld.

I wish I knew you in person, so that Nigeria can banish you forever. Shows you have no self esteem.

NB: your write up was fine until I went through your profile.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by markpenk: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
OP has a point. As much as we all don't like the idea of working for pennies as graduates, it's something that most graduates may need to start with. My first advice to any graduate is get a job and forget about the pay for now. It doesn't matter how much they pay. Just start something.

Here's why that makes sense: most employers will pick a guy with 3 years working experience -regardless of his field or industry- over someone who has spent the last 5 years looking for and rejecting job offers because they pay was unsatisfactory. Admittedly, 10k-20k jobs won't do if you live in Lag or anywhere else for that matter.

However, if you get a 40k-50k job, start it. Your first few years aren't meant to make you rich. They're meant to help you find your footing in whatever industry you choose. This is even more important seeing as we don't have the privilege of internships while we're in school (forget anything you did during your IT posting, it doesn't count). You're supposed to use the first few years to learn everything you can on the job -not earn.

The good thing is that with enough experience, knowledge and industry contacts, you will be able to navigate and switch jobs within a year or two of working and more importantly, command even higher pay. In my book, this beats staying at home and waiting for the job of your dreams. Just my 2 cents.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
kaywiluv:

grin Mad man.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by boofydon: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
The OP's argument is overly spurious and flawed. So you suggest a first class graduate, should also go and fry akara rather than to seek employment in the major industries? Clap for yourself
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
So OP, make I leave my over 4.0 CGPA and my passion for Engineering with all the dy/dx when I do for school, go begin sell moimoi? Interesting.

Thanks, but no thanks.
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.