Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Food For The Gods. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For The Gods. (6308 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Secrets Of the gods / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2014
EPISODE NINETEEN

It was already nine in the morning the next day when Tope's phone rang he sat up and picked up his mobile phone
"Hello, ehen oga na me. Your car don ready" The mechanic quickly said before Tope could say a word.
"Okay, where are you?" Tope asked wiping sleep from his face.
"Oga, i dey front of jeovia hotel with the car" The mechanic said.
"Jovial, you mean?" Tope asked.
"En, jeovia, joval all join" The mechanic said.
"Okay, give me a sec. I would be down in a moment" Tope said.
"Okay oga i dey wait" The mechanic said as he ended the call.
"Who was that?" Augustina asked.
"Its the mechanic, he is through. I would just be gone for a few minutes. Just stay here" Tope said, as he got dressed and quickly gave her a peck. "I love you"
"I love you too. Don't be gone for long o" Augustina shouted after him as he made for the door.
"I won't" Tope replied
It was already noon when they got to Augustina's village. Mr and mrs Tobi didnt believe their eyes that their daughter was alive, they called their friends and relatives and held a small welcome party for her. They stayed in the village for one week before returning back to the city.
A month later, Tope and his family went to pay the princess' family a visit and made their intention known to them. The princess was happy and the wedding was fixed for the next month.
Two weeks to the wedding day, Augustina developed a cold and felt nausea. She later told Tope's mum and grandma about the symptoms she was having, and they decided to keep it a secret.
"Am getting tired of all these. Why would you want to postpone the wedding date?" Tope asked the princess who was before him in the office.
"I really don't have a reason, but i don't just like that date simple" The princess said.
"Look don't provoke me. If that wedding does not hold on that date then be ready to say goodbye to me forever" Tope said.
"What?" The princess said
"You heard me right. Try change that date and you would see if i don't walk away" Tope said and they were silent for a while.
"Okay, i won't change the date again but i thought it was nice if we move it to next month" The princess said.
"I don't want to talk about this again" Tope said

1 Like

Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
EPISODE TWENTY

It was a good saturday morning as the sun shone bright on the beautiful faces of the people who went to pick their places from the canopies that were mounted one after the other forming a letter U design and the song omolade was playing.
People chatted happily as they listened to the songs been played and the masquerade and cultural display.
The princess looked beautiful in her local attire as she was interviewed by the camera man.
Cheers and praises were showered as Tope's and his family made entrance into the palace with two jeep, an infinity and a range rover followed by a small toyota camry car with two police officers dressed in uniform.
Mr Tosin signalled to the king's special adviser to get the king.
"Yes, my inlaw? What, i mean why the delay?" The king asked.
"Kabiosi, we are not yet your inlaw. We came here for something important which means we would need to sit and talk or better still send your visitors away because this wedding is not taking place anymore" Bisi said.
"What? That's insane. Mr Tosin?" The king looked suprise.
"Yes your highness. This wedding won't hold" Tosin said.
"What? Get me the princess" The king said to a guard, now furious. "And send the guest away. All of you into my palace. Wait, leave the guest just delay them until i finish"
They went with the king, his special adviser and chiefs into the palace and the princess joined them thereafter.
"What? That's impossible, my daughter is not a murderer" The king got up as he said.
"As the case is your highness, your daughter would have to come with us to the station" One of the police men said.
"What station? Am not going anywhere with you" The princess said.
"Oh, yes you would. I have evidence against you incase you havent forgotten" Augustina said.
The princess was finally led out of the palace with the police men.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Queening(f): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Tanx be 2 d heavens
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
EPISODE TWENTY ONE

A month later mr and mrs Tosin's family sat outside their house discussing.
"Please everybody be quiet. Tope is now a man and would want to act like a man" Mr Tosin said as Tope got up from his seat and clears his throat in a way that made them all laugh.
"I can't believe i am now a celebrity, see all eyes on me" Tope poses and send waves and kisses to them.
"Yeah, a man indeed" Ronke said laughing uncontrollably.
"Tell him" Augustina added.
"Hey, young man i can see you are still a boy" Bisi added.
"Will you be serious for Christ sake?" Tosin said
"I know, i know you all love me so do i. I mean you can't talk at the same time. You would surely get my autograph. Hey Dami, i will start with you. Come here" Tope said as he led her to a open space.
"It seems like this boy is drunk" Bisi said.
"Sshhh" Ronke stopped her from talking further.
Tope there and then right infront of everyone kissed her making his parents and grandma to laugh and then whispered into her ear.
"Yeah he is drunk. And yes i would be the mother of your kids cause am already carrying one right now" Augustina said, just then everywhere became quiet as a gunshot was heard and Augustina fell from him bleeding in the stomach.
"Hahahaha. Naughty you, you think i would stay that long in prison? Yeah, that's right today is your last day on earth too" The princess said as she also shot Tope.
"Nooooo" Tope woke up screaming at the top of his voice.
"Sir are you alright? Augustina dressed in a pink uniform rushed to Tope on the bed. She looked unkept but still beautiful.
"Yeah" Tope said hugging her tight. "It was just a dream none of it was real"
"Okay sir, do you mind letting go of me a bit?" Augustina asked politely.
"Yeah, sure. Am sorry" Tope said composing himself as he remembered what she was.
"Sir, i just came to drop the things you asked to be dropped for you this morning since you said you didn't want any disturbance.
"You must be Damilola right? The new maid? Tope enquired
"Yes sir i am"Augustina said.
"Okay, i see" Tope said.
"Sir, your friend the princess is here" Augustina said.
"Okay tell her i would be down soon" Tope said dismissing her.
Augustina paused outside his room.
"This oga Tope is very handsome its too bad heaven and earth can't meet. He is already dating that rich princess so i don't blame him if he doesn't take note of me. What a world" Augustina said.
"I don't believe all this was a dream. Gosh, menh, okay i think i would just go talk to her after i see the princess off" Tope said while stretching as he made for the door.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
Queening:
Tanx be 2 d heavens
*Smiles* Yeah Queening
Re: Food For The Gods. by unlimitedbosco: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
beautiful story welcome back
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 05, 2014
EPISODE TWENTY TWO

A day later Augustina with her dad in the boys quarter of mr Tosin's house.
"Dad that is what she said. Am just so confused" Augustina said almost in tears.
"I knew this was going to happen" Mr Tobi said.
"Knew what dad? Hasn't it reached time for mum's arrival? Ooo, dad am going its past eleven already oga Tope would soon return" Augustina got up to leave.
"Okay, come back later when your mum is back okay?" Tobi said.
"Okay dad" Augustina said and left only to return few minutes later.
"Dad,am confused and scared o. I know what the prophecy says, if truely he was served that food then it means i am to be sacrificed" Augustina said.
"Over my dead body. My child do not say that. We would need to wait for the Tosin's to return then know what to do. I can not lose you, never" Mr Tobi said.
"Dad, see it na, i don't know that old woman o. She just told me to help her cross the road and when i did she told me that he ate the wrong food o" Augustina said crying.
"Wipe your tears my child i know what to do" Tobi said.
An hour later, Augustina in the kitchen.
"I don't understand sir" Augustina said.
"Come off it girl. Please just give me a chance" Tope said
"Oga Tope, i can't do that. Its against the rule and besides heaven and earth are not destined to meet" Augustina said moving some steps away from him.
"And what's that suppose to mean?" Tope asked
"Sir its nothing. It just simply means that the rich and poor can't be together just like you and me" Augustina said leaving Tope speechless.
That evening, The Tosin's and Tobi's family sat together.
"That is impossible" Mr Tosin shouted.
"Its not impossible" The priestess said.
Startled by the voice they turned around to where the voice came from and behold there she was with her staff and white chalk drawn on her body. She sat comfortably making some incantation,as everyone wondered how she got inside the house.
"Who are you? And what do you want great goddess?" Bisi asked with a shaky voice.
"Silent, i am a messenger of the god of the sea. I am here to deliver a message. Your son ate the food for the gods and if after three days a sacrifice of the one he first laid eyes on the day after he ate that food is not done the he would be sacrificed instead" The priestess said.
"Great priestess is there no other way to appease the gods?" Bisi asked.
"Hmm, there is, but it would cause him great harm if the lady in question is not a virgin" The priestess said.
"Are you a virgin?" Ronke asked Augustina who shook her head.
"Great, he is to take her to his room and break her hymen and the blood stains on the cover should be used to appease the gods" The priestess said.
"Oya you two should go inside and do what the gods said" Bisi said.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2014
unlimitedbosco:
beautiful story welcome back
Tanx Unlimitedbosco
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2014
Writing dis story has not bin easy 4 me nd i knw i disappointed d beautiful ladies and gentlemen of nairaland wu waited for my updates for long and for dose dat corrected nd wished me well nd evn dose dat commented nd d quiet readers i pray d gud Lord bless and protect u nd ur families.
U guys wnt believe airtel tot me lesson dis past few wiks dat wz y i hardly updated.
Well well well finally the last update is on its way.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
EPISODE TWENTY THREE

A year later, Augustina sat carrying a child with her mother and mother-inlaw discussing.
"Mum am tired of all this. Tope has changed completely he no longer give me the love and attention i need anymore. He hadly speak to me or eat my food" Augustina said.
"Just like that? No quarrel?" Bimbola asked.
"No mum, he prefers staying with Junior than me" Augustina said playing with her son that came as a result of that night.
"That is strange. You would leave Junior here with us and come back in a weeks time. Make sure you do everything to win him back" Ronke said.
"Okay mum" Augustina said.
Few hours later Augustina went for her matrimonial home and met Tope looking at his phone.
"Honey, are you okay? You have been looking at your phone since i came in. What's wrong? Augustina asked, taking a seat next to him on the sofa.
"It's nothing dear. Where is Junior?" Tope enquired.
"His grandmas wanted him to stay with them for a week. Honey you and i know something is not right. What is wrong? Talk to me i can be of help remember am your wife" Augustina said.
"Nothing dear. It's just work" Tope said.
"I smell lies. Still smelling it. Where is it coming from. Oh, its you" Augustina said smelling Tope until he started laughing.
"Like seriously, you don't smell lies" Tope said
"Please honey, am your wife and also the mother of your child. If you really love me you would tell me the truth. What's wrong?" Augustina asked trying to look into his eyes but he avoided her eyes and stood up turning his back against her.
"Dear, i have told you. It's nothing" Tope said
"Why are you lying to me? Can't you just open up to me, would i kill you? About a year ago you endangered my life, when you ate the food for the gods that was suppose to be served to the gods at that party, i cherished every moment with you when you broke my hymen. Now even with Junior you still hide the truth from me" Augustina cried.
"Dear i did something bad to you" Tope said as he knelt beside her.
"What?" Augustina made Tope look her in the eyes
"I was drunk that night when we won that contract in paragon state, and i was not in full control of myself" Tope said in tears.
"Honey, am listening" Augustina said.
"I cheated on you with the princess. Am sorry Dami" Tope said crying.
"Whattt? But why?" Augustina asked
"I was drunk. Am sorry dear please forgive me" Tope cried the more just then his phone rang.
"Pick the call" Augustina said when she saw the caller.
"Dear she has been blackmailing me since then. I can't pick it" Tope said
"Then give it to me" Augustina stretched her hand and collected the phone from him and gave the princess the warning of her life.
"Honey, get up. Am not angry with you. I have known the truth for a while now" Augustina told the already shocked Tope.
"How did you?" Tope asked
"I happened to stumble upon ur diary when i was cleaning the room some days ago and out of curiosity i read its content" Augustina said
"Am really sorry dear. I promise never to hurt you again" Tope said hugging her.
"You are my heaven on earth and were destined to meet" Augustina said.
"And no amount of the gods food can seperate us. I promise not to eat in parties" Tope said.
"Hahahaha, you better keep your promise" Augustina said smiling.
"Yes, i would" Tope replied her still hugging her.
And from that day they lived happily and never lied to each other and were blessed with seven kids.
*** THE END ***
Re: Food For The Gods. by Kassia(f): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hmmmmm....a happy ending atlast. Nice job
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
Kassia:
Hmmmmm....a happy ending atlast. Nice job
Tanx Kassia. Ar u a catholic?
Re: Food For The Gods. by MzOG(f): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Seven kids?.lol... Dey re really sumfn..... Nyc story. ;DSeven kids?.lol... Dey re really sumfn..... Nyc story.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
MzOG:
[color=#990000][/color]Seven kids?.lol... Dey re really sumfn..... Nyc story. ;DSeven kids?.lol... Dey re really sumfn..... Nyc story.
Tanx MzOG. Its a blessing na, atleast they have the money so even if dey were blessed with fifteen children they wnt complain *winks*.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Kassia(f): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ciela:

Tanx Kassia. Ar u a catholic?
yeah I am.
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2014
Kassia:
yeah I am.
Same here. Saw d scapular
Re: Food For The Gods. by Calismart(m): 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Wow.Great masterpiece Ciela.
Awesome.

Keep it up
Re: Food For The Gods. by Calismart(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ciela:

Same here. Saw d scapular
Ciela so you are Catholic?
I'm one too
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Calismart:

Ciela so you are Catholic?
I'm one too
Dats nyc.
Re: Food For The Gods. by kingphilip(m): 10:58pm On May 23, 2015
Kassia:
yeah I am.
hey kassia gudpm dear
Re: Food For The Gods. by kingphilip(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2015
Wow ciela I must confess it's a nice piece n worthy of my time u really tried in it

Tnx for sharing
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 8:36am On May 25, 2015
kingphilip:
Wow ciela I must confess it's a nice piece n worthy of my time u really tried in it

Tnx for sharing
U are welcome sir
Re: Food For The Gods. by kingphilip(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2015
Ciela:
U are welcome sir
when r we getting d next
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 9:03am On May 25, 2015
kingphilip:
when r we getting d next
**SCRATCHES MY HEAD** Am working on a story right now, a difficult one I must say and I plan dropping it late July or early August. But I have other stories that are ready, writing them now won't be a good idea because of my tight schedule and I wouldn't want to rush it like I did, the last story but if I decide to atleast write one before the said time (July/August) then I would let you know.
Re: Food For The Gods. by kingphilip(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2015
Ciela:

**SCRATCHES MY HEAD** Am working on a story right now, a difficult one I must say and I plan dropping it late July or early August. But I have other stories that are ready, writing them now won't be a good idea because of my tight schedule and I wouldn't want to rush it like I did, the last story but if I decide to atleast write one before the said time (July/August) then I would let you know.
that's too far o

Been patient isn't part of me
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:12am On May 26, 2015
kingphilip:
that's too far o
Been patient isn't part of me
OK would see what I can do.
Re: Food For The Gods. by kingphilip(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2015
Ciela:

well I won't want a below par performance so please take ur time dear n come up with something great

Even if it's next year I'll b here to read
Re: Food For The Gods. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ciela:

Hey!
Queen of short stories herself
How have you been?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stalked By A Mafia - An Action/romance Thriller / The Sex That Almost Got Me Killed.......prolific Write Up / Buried Emotion - A Short Love Story That Touches The Heart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.