Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. (9112 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / Lawyers And Law Students. Help / ACCA Students, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by E2noon(f): 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
Merry Christmas I rep IFELAW
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by MRosario(m): 1:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Signing in for my future wife cus I hope to marry a Lawyer some day. Cheers
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by trustnobody01(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
IamDejman:
Ayodeji 'Wande 100l

LASU LAW

U are in the best Law Faculty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by trustnobody01(m): 5:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
Graduated from LASUlaws 2013.
Called on the 25th Day of November,2014
Currently Serving my Fatherland in the Capital of Old Northern Region....

Its Truly a Noble Profession
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by dasybarite(m): 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
Akinmade joseph,unilag,200level........................supero omnia(I surpass everything)
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
Pls sm1 sud hlp me anxa dis que: MENTION THE COURT OF LAW THAT HAS JURISDICTION OVER THE FOLLOWING MATTERS..¡ Dispute btw gafar and NDLEA.ova drug an human trafficking.¡¡ The dispute btw INEC and alhaji koko as to d ambiguity in the constitution over the issue of tenure elongation arising from matter pending b4 court of appeal.¡¡¡ The dispute as to d election of the senate president from his senatorial district on d validity of his election.¡v mr.koboko was alleged to av died in the police detention. V the customary court sitting at ede area customary court, oja-timi gave a decision, mrs. Kikelomo is nt satisfied wit decision.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by IamDejman(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
Sadia1992:
Pls sm1 sud hlp me anxa dis que: MENTION THE COURT OF LAW THAT HAS JURISDICTION OVER THE FOLLOWING MATTERS..¡ Dispute btw gafar and NDLEA.ova drug an human trafficking.¡¡ The dispute btw INEC and alhaji koko as to d ambiguity in the constitution over the issue of tenure elongation arising from matter pending b4 court of appeal.¡¡¡ The dispute as to d election of the senate president from his senatorial district on d validity of his election.¡v mr.koboko was alleged to av died in the police detention. V the customary court sitting at ede area customary court, oja-timi gave a decision, mrs. Kikelomo is nt satisfied wit decision.

1. Civil case at Federal High court

2. I don't understand

3. Tribunal court

4. Criminal matter at Federal high court

5. State high court
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
IamDejman:

1. Civil case at Federal High court

2. I don't understand

3. Tribunal court

4. Criminal matter at Federal high court

5. State high court
k.bt y dat numba 4. Is nt magistrate court
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by IamDejman(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
Sadia1992:
k.bt y dat numba 4. Is nt magistrate court
it might be

I'm looking at it from the angle that the commissioner of police would be the defendant. Then by virtue of NPF being a federal property, it is only logical to try it in a federal court
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by praise010(m): 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sadia1992:

Pardon my late response.
1. Criminal Prosecution at the Federal High Court.

2. Case Stated to the Supreme Court.

3. The National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal

4. Fundamental Human Right at the Federal High Court

5. State High Court.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hello guys, let's try to revive this thread. It'd be very nice if we could have a real community here.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
Let's talk about chambers.

In my school (Better by far), we have four chambers (Libery, Equity, Justice and Human Rights) that are available for students to join. Membership is entirely voluntary (I heard that in UI, the school allocates students to the various chambers).

After visiting a number of schools accross the country for moot and mock trial competitions, I came to the conclusion that the chamber culture in my school is somewhat lacking. We lack the sort of passion and loyalty to our chambers that students in some other schools have. Also, chambers were restricted to organizing small small events like intra and inter-chamber moots and mock trials.

Things have been changing though, just last session, Equity Chambers organized an inter-university moot and mock trial competition while Liberty Chambers held a mega-public lecture. Hopefully, next session will bring more of the same.

Tell us about the chamber structure and culture in your school. What activities do the chambers enagage in, are people really passionate about their chambers? How did you participate in the chambers?
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
in my school we have seven chambers

Taslim Olawale Elias Chamber
Justice Chamber
Equity Chamber
Lincolns Inn
Gani Fawehinmi Chamber
Lord Denning Chamber and
Femi Okunnu Chamber
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Ephemmm: 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
Please may I know which Universities in Nigeria accept HND in secretarial administration with ICSAN qualification for direct entry? Cheers.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
danyel09:
in my school we have seven chambers

Taslim Olawale Elias Chamber
Justice Chamber
Equity Chamber
Lincolns Inn
Gani Fawehinmi Chamber
Lord Denning Chamber and
Femi Okunnu Chamber
Hmmmn, that sounds like UNILAG... am I correct? Anyway, gist us more na cheesy
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by IamDejman(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
koonbey:

That's Lagos state University,LASU actually
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
koonbey:

its LASU. Chamber activities though still operational used to be strong until accreditation issues started hitting the faculty but it will regain its full strength soon grin
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2015
Oh, okay. I had heard that UNILAG uses names of people for their chambers, I idn't know there were others, thanks guys. So, any other person wants to share?
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by fredosky111(m): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Iortyaver Alfred,alumnus of d prestigious Benue State university makurdi ,2015 law sch applicant.my best course was criminal procedure

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
I'm Maria 400L student of the prestigious faculty of law Ekiti State University. Best course so far is Evidence and Criminal Law
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Treash(m): 7:11am On Dec 22, 2015
Aderinto Adeolu Ayo, a called and practising lawyer, a graduate of Unilorin, 2013 set. Anytin more?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Emmaesty(f): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2015
A friend of lawyers signing in grin grin

I know about 5 people who studied law but only one is practising and I don't think he gets up to 100k per month

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by fowowe411: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
cutemaria:
I'm Maria 400L student of the prestigious faculty of law Ekiti State University. Best course so far is Evidence and Criminal Law
Evidence in 400L? We take evidence in 500L here#AAUA

1 Like

Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by fowowe411: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Emmaesty:
A friend of lawyers signing in grin grin

I know about 5 people who studied law but only one is practising and I don't think he gets up to 100k per month
The mere fact that he doesn't earn up to 100k presently means nothing... Law as a noble profession isnt just about money but you can never be poor as a lawyer.It is all about time before he starts making millions with consistency.

Nigerians and make money fast mentality tho.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
fowowe411:
Evidence in 400L? We take evidence in 500L here#AAUA
Its a 400L course in Eksu. We take it with Land Law and Equity. And in 500L, the major courses are Jurisprudence and Company law
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by fowowe411: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
cutemaria:
Its a 400L course in Eksu. We take it with Land Law and Equity. And in 500L, the major courses are Jurisprudence and Company law
Alright, How is study over there?
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
fowowe411:
Alright, How is study over there?
Tough I must confess. It is in accordance with the law of the survival of the fittest.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by fowowe411: 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
cutemaria:
Tough I must confess. It is in accordance with the law of the survival of the fittest.
It is the same thing every where I guess...can't wait to resume 400l.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 27, 2015
Happy new year in advance to all you learned...and learning people here. I wish you a spectacular 2016!
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Lawstudent: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Happy Easter to you all.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Olril18(m): 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
a 300 student of the noble osun state university faculty of law...
my best course?
easily criminal law I'm so fascinated by the the doctrines of actus reaus and mensrea.
Re: Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
Smh grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur / Nigerian Air Force Releases Postings Of 19 Air Vice Marshals And 22 Others / Top 20 Investment Banks In Nigeria To Work In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.