Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,085 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:34 AM

19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) (5304 Views)

80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) / Fayose Spotted In South Africa Drinking Heineken at the airport / Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala Captured With APC Leaders At The Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Virgindove(f): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
A 19year-old American teenager, Mohammed Hamzah Khan from Bolingbrook, Chicago was on Monday, October 6, 2014 arrested at the airport on his way to join Islamic State (ISIS) extremists, ABC says.
Khan, who was arrested at the Chicago O’Hare airport by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Chicago terrorism task force while he was trying to Istanbul, Turkey via Vienna, Austria. Khan is believed to have planned to get into Syria through the porous border Turkey shares with Syria or eventually Iraq.

The teenager was also said to have written a letter for his parents which was later discovered in his bedroom. The letter read in parts:

“My dear parents, there are a number of reasons I will be going to the blessed land of Shaam [Syria] and leaving my home … We are all witness that the western societies are getting more immoral day by day. I do not want my kids being exposed to filth like this.”

The letter also contained a warning for his parents not to contact the authorities, urging them to link up with him in the Middle East.

He was charged to court for “attempting to provide material support for a terrorist organization.” and he could be spending up to fifteen years in jail if convicted.

His parents were present during his hearing but refused to comment.

Some one hundred Americans are said to have joined up with ISIS in the Middle East, according to US. security officials.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/06/illinois-man-wanted-to-join-islamic-state-feds-say/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Chanchit: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
15yrs with hard labour pls, he would xperience that filthy society he does not want his children to live in a first hand style. #oloshi

20 Likes

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Descartes: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmm...Diaris...
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by manutdadex(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
a lesson to all parent..watch ur kids especially teenagers closely..monitor d kind books they read or website dey visit, and even d company they keep..dis useless humans fit brain wash any unguarded child easily

5 Likes

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by datguru: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
What got into his head ? Didn't he imagine they might shoot him if he goes close ?
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
Wht was this guy thinking
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by DickDastardly(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
You wan join IS IS, now you end up with Are Are cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by khattab02: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmm... If this is true, Who gave him the mandate??

Look at the route, how can you embark on a risky travel through war torn zone Syria?

So unfortunate that many people will do things and claim it in the name of Jihad.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by redsun(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
The gang wars and senseless killing on the deprived street where he could emanated from are just almost as bad as Isis occupied. He wouldn't see any difference,he is disillusioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by chibanj(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
He's a fool since Boko boys dey show dem selves him no see 2 com join na ISIS him won join. Foolish boy looking 4 attention grin

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by G12(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Anything in excess produces extremists!
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
Correction; Boolingbrook is not in Chicago, it's surbur of Chicago, it should be Boolingbrook Illinois.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by drnoel: 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chanchit:
15yrs with hard labour pls, he would xperience that filthy society he does not want his children to live in a first hand style. #oloshi

The lesser of them walking the earth. The better it will be.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by mainheart(m): 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
government should jail him for life, because when he is out is a threat to the parents

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Dexpro: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
Another deluded soul!!! sad sad sad sad sad
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Blackfire(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
see how people move from moderate to jihadist. religion is a disease
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by thorpido(m): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmm.He's been brainwashed.
I hope he won't be further fed with filth while in prison.I hope he comes out reformed.
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Abeg how much dier recruit dey earn wey make dat yeye boy wan join
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by free2ryhme: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Virgindove:
A 19year-old American teenager, Mohammed Hamzah Khan from Bolingbrook, Chicago was on Monday, October 6, 2014 arrested at the airport on his way to join Islamic State (ISIS) extremists, ABC says.
Khan, who was arrested at the Chicago O’Hare airport by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Chicago terrorism task force while he was trying to Istanbul, Turkey via Vienna, Austria. Khan is believed to have planned to get into Syria through the porous border Turkey shares with Syria or eventually Iraq.

The teenager was also said to have written a letter for his parents which was later discovered in his bedroom. The letter read in parts:

“My dear parents, there are a number of reasons I will be going to the blessed land of Shaam [Syria] and leaving my home … We are all witness that the western societies are getting more immoral day by day. I do not want my kids being exposed to filth like this.”

The letter also contained a warning for his parents not to contact the authorities, urging them to link up with him in the Middle East.

He was charged to court for “attempting to provide material support for a terrorist organization.” and he could be spending up to fifteen years in jail if convicted.

His parents were present during his hearing but refused to comment.

Some one hundred Americans are said to have joined up with ISIS in the Middle East, according to US. security officials.

Where is the source ooo?

Abi u manufacture dis story
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by feyif(f): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Another Brainwashed Fvcktard
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Sparrow13: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
thorpido:
brainwashed..
is the meaning of islam
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Ghost01(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Oloshi omo! He even believes he has the right standing to talk of "immorality". What could be more immoral than maiming and killing fellow human beings, burning villages, instituting the weirdest form of Sharia? Some teenagers sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by focus7: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
The Americans are the worst criminals on earth, instead of their bias Journalists to concentrate their reports on how to cub the rate and degree of crime in the US they go about using their media to blackmail and castigate Nigeria.
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by fr3do(m): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
focus7:
The Americans are the worst criminals on earth, instead of their bias Journalists to concentrate their reports on how to cub the rate and degree of crime in the US they go about using their media to blackmail and castigate Nigeria.

this your argument is for another thread!

6 Likes

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by lorddannie: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
“My dear parents, there are a number of reasons I will be going to the blessed land of Shaam [Syria] and leaving my home … We are all witness that the western societies are getting more immoral day by day. I do not want my kids being exposed to filth like this.”[quote][/quote]

The western societies are getting more immoral, but he is thinking of 70 virgins in Aljanna...is that not hypocrisy and self deceit?

Terrorist

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by focus7: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
fr3do:

this your argument is for another thread!
guy I just can't hide my anger for some useless comments being passed by those american journalists about Nigerians.
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
Do we need any other proof that the US FG is watching our every step?

Was the letter suddenly discovered by a witness while on his way to the airport?
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
Abeg kom join BOKO HARAM....
MADMAN
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Geenet: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
He should get a life
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by publicenemy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Just 15years?

They should have let him to #GO AND DIE.

Fvcking arabs.....I don't know why the U.S keep allowing these arab muslim terrorists into their country.
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by redsun(m): 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
I wonder why anybody that travels there for anything other than humanitarian aids should be ever allowed back to the west? I aspect them to be stripped of their rights of citizenship for good,irrespective of whether they were born in the west.

They are fighting for nothing. The fight is mental and and personal,not subjectively ideological or physical.
Re: 19-year-old American Arrested At The Airport On His Way To Join ISIS (PICTURED) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
This false religion of violence is a threat 2 d world. Too bad he was ignorantly brainwashed too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Failed All Military Exams- IBB. / Check Out Some Hot DP Pics For Fb, Twitter, Whatsapp, Imo And More / See The Reason A Nigerian Lady Gave On FB Why Women Like Sex More Than Men(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.