Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. (1982 Views)

5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / 10 Types Of Lecturers You Meet In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
1) STORY TELLERS: These lecturers are always telling stories about their secondary school and university days. Telling stories about how they suffered and seem to forget they came to class for lectures. Some of us find this boring while others find it very interesting.

2) NICE AND COOL: In most cases, these set of lecturers are young graduates who were retained. They give out (A)s freely and are always the favorites amongst students.

3) MONEY MONGERS: These lecturers are very greedy, they keep selling handouts and books they published for students for ridiculous prices. If you don't buy, they'll either mark you down or not allow you attend their lectures.

4) BRIBE AND SEX: These lecturers come into the class to just dictate for 98% of the period and explain for the remaining few minutes. They always threaten students for bribe and sex or it's an automatic carryover. Married perverts and thieves are very common in colleges.

5) NO OTHER SUBJECT: These ones are the most annoying lecturers you can ever find. They keep begging the next lecturer for more time to explain, they always give numerous assignments and group works like you don't offer other courses.

6) NUTTERS: These ones are quite few compared to the aforementioned. You always have that one lecturer in college that is crazy. They are erratic, self involved and not making much sense. But you love the entertainment and they love that you listen. (copied)

7) SADISTS: These ones are demons sent from hell to make our lives miserable. Even if you give them what they want word for word, they keep finding ways to mark you down, if you like be their relative.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Deekaydadon(m): 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
1 and 5 is so annoyingly true
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Mutuwa(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Skol days..eyyah!
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by LegendarySage(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Number 1, 5 and 7. angry
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by omoelu1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
sorry na this kain thread dey in vogue now ability.
everybody sha wan make fp
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by eleojo23: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
I disliked attending the story tellers' lectures then. The reason was that they kept repeating the same story over and over that I began to wonder if they had amnesia or something. I mean, can't they remember that they've told this story so many times already? It was so boring. They never finished their course content and ended up giving out voluminous notes at the eleventh hour. angry Old memories...smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by hatux: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
1 and 2..
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
That number 7 sha. cheesy

Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by tosyne2much(m): 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
1 and 7 on point.. Lwkmd
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by okotv(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
chai.....mydd44...front page please....

why are this threads even in vogue...
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Kenzico(m): 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
I swear eh!! 3 and 7 are d ones giving me tough tyms in skool ryt nw! Anytym I see dem, I feel lyk transferring my skool wahala for dem head. Phew!
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by 1stola: 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
m s d c
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Zarahu(f): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
1 and 7 are just annoying. Too much hatred in their soul. There is always a bright side in life, they shld look...
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by GetUmad: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
Wait oooo, what is it with nairaland and " The types of........" I think its high time i created a thread on " The types of threads you see on nairaland "

OP, You missed those categories below

8 ) THE NEVER-TOO-LATE : Those ones who wouldn't come to class till few days to exam and once they get to the class, they would want to ensure they teach the whole syllabus within that few days and also give you assignment, which, in some cases may serve as assessment. These are set of either lazy-ass lecturers or those ones on a course in a far-away institution. Most cases , its when their HOD beckons on them for the submission of their students assessment that they would quickly rush down to class. Some of them would make you come to class even on sundays.

9) THE ONCE-I-ENTER, YOU DON'T : These are lecturers that consider themselves highly principled. You don’t dare even stealthily dash in to the class once they are in. If you live afar off and this man gets to class before you, just be so ready to dedicate the whole period of the man's class hanging out with a cute chick outside the hall. The greatest mistake you could do is walk majestically into the class while he's there. Ol' boy, the way those kind of lecturers go use you wash that day and even send you out nor go be am. Some of them take attendance immediately they get in,verify the attendance after each lectures. Like a chemical equation, numbwr of students the time he got to the class must equal to number of students as he prepares to leave. If dem born you well make your name dey the list make you nor come dey class as im dey call am.

10) THE "TESTMANIA" : These are set of lecturers who always give out test, either midway or the end of each lectures. Its not a choice. Its a must. They don't joke with it. The most annoying thing being that ; some of them that do engage in such are those categories of lecturers whom one may consider as not too professionally sound (na only theory wey dem sabi from school dey their head). surprisingly, some of them may be 1st class graduate but inexperienced in art of education, hence the possibility of not grasping the topic till you self-educate yourself only after the class.
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
The lecturers in my school were combination of all...that's BUMPER/TOTAL PACKAGE
Chaii...then we had the ones that were chronic no 4, they would always ask us to cum buy textbooks/submit assignments in person - so that they can 'fish'

E get this babe 'ng-baby' (that's what we called her) the babe use her as* to confuse almost all my lecturers...chai. She held this particular lecturer down, this is a man they call 'agbara' : bc of how wicked he is/was. If Ng no come class-this nigga won't come. If u annoy Ng, na auto-F9 be that.
Ng wherever u are....fear God o
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Geenet: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Alryt na.
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by sekzy99(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
Trending
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by lionduke(m): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: 7 Types Of Lecturers You Will Find In College. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
So nairalanders no get work now undecided

(1) (Reply)

Adeyemi University Of Education Ondo 2015/2016 Admission Process Is On / Best Foreign Languages To Learn / [PHOTO] How To Answer "True Or False" Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.