Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Career Skills In Elect Elect - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Skills In Elect Elect (569 Views)

Strictly For Elect/elect Aspirants, Students, Engineers And Professionals. / Vacancy For Ond/nce/advance Diploma In Elect/elect, Computer Sci, Physics / Is Pgd In Elect/elect A Waste Of Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Skills In Elect Elect by handsum92: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
I need the professionals, what do we start with...I'm a fwesh graduate in this field and wasn't exposed too much practical and field work while in school(most of what we did back then was circuit and some mathematical calculations)...now that we are out, what are we spse to learn , were do we start from?...personally, I'm thinking of going into communications, what skills, exams I'm I spse to write?...what's relevant and what's not?...pls I wd appreciate those alrdy in the industry to help out with answers and contribution...Thanks!
Re: Career Skills In Elect Elect by debbie(f): 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why do you want to go into communication? Do you have passion for that area of specialization?
Where do you want to be in the next 5years and above? what is your career plan? What are you passionate about?

These and many more questions are all you need to answer before you decide on what to do.
Meanwhile communication is vast on it on....which aspect do you intend to move into.I hate to see graduates who are JACK OF ALL THREAD AND MASTER OF NOTHING.Create a niche for yourself and build on it.Do you want to go into software or hardware? You know your ability and strength....so dont start what you may not finish or grow in.Overlook the present and thin about the future and where you will be heading to.

Presently the world is going digital the more,tech-wise and even more internet driven...carry out a research on these things and see where you fit in.

NOTE- dont do things because your peers or friends are doing it. Dont follow the trend,it will phase our....only a foundation that is strong will stand the time.Now back to what and what you want to do.....You can go into cisco, microsoft,java or any other professional area..
Mind you if it is cisco,alot of people have the certificate but yet the hands-on knowledge is not there,but yours can be different.

SO WEAR YOU THINKING CAP.
Re: Career Skills In Elect Elect by handsum92: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2014
debbie:
Why do you want to go into communication? Do you have passion for that area of specialization?
Where do you want to be in the next 5years and above? what is your career plan? What are you passionate about?

These and many more questions are all you need to answer before you decide on what to do.
Meanwhile communication is vast on it on....which aspect do you intend to move into.I hate to see graduates who are JACK OF ALL THREAD AND MASTER OF NOTHING.Create a niche for yourself and build on it.Do you want to go into software or hardware? You know your ability and strength....so dont start what you may not finish or grow in.Overlook the present and thin about the future and where you will be heading to.

Presently the world is going digital the more,tech-wise and even more internet driven...carry out a research on these things and see where you fit in.

NOTE- dont do things because your peers or friends are doing it. Dont follow the trend,it will phase our....only a foundation that is strong will stand the time.Now back to what and what you want to do.....You can go into cisco, microsoft,java or any other professional area..
Mind you if it is cisco,alot of people have the certificate but yet the hands-on knowledge is not there,but yours can be different.

SO WEAR YOU THINKING CAP.

I really appreciate your contribution...truthfully, asides from the initial interest in that the communication part of EEE back then in school, I really donot know where to go from there..'Ll be serving come nov and really need to start preparing myself in that direction..what books, courses and exams, softwares etc are actually relevant in this field...or do companies get to train us afterall?

(1) (Reply)

Modelling Auditions 2015 / Please, I Need Urgent Response On The Requirement For Obtaining The (OOW) / Making Money Selling Annuity To Retirees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.