Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 PM

Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? (3865 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
seun: It's very difficult to manage Christians and Muslims on the same forum but we are doing our best to keep everyone reasonably happy

https://www.nairaland.com/1937664/new-section-christianity-christians-must

What are the actions you have been taking to manage christians and muslims in nairaland? I think we deserve to know because we are stake holders in nairaland we bear the brunt of any decision taken. To be honest with you we are not seeing a peaceful religious section.

Secondly I think that we ought to have informed nairalanders about the recent changes in the islamic section, because your motive could easily be misinterpreted. It made you look biased in favour of islams in this section. I believe every group in nairaland should be treated equally and fairly, irrespective of being a christian, muslim, athiest, Jehovah witness e.t.c.

Lastly why was a section created for muslims and no section is created for christians?

3 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
I don't know why you guys enjoy putting seun on the spot. I think he has done reasonably well with this section and that of the Muslims, considering the circumstances.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:
I don't know why you guys enjoy putting seun on the spot. I think he has done reasonably well with this section and that of the Muslims, considering the circumstances.

Please, stop being sycophant.

I respect Seun and I know it is not easy to run such a huge forum.

However, between muslims and other faiths, Seun has given islam special privilege.

I understand the circumstances that led to the creation of the islam section but now, the unfairness is just too much.

I will wait for Seun to explain himself
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
MessiRonaldo007:

Please, stop being sycophant.

I respect Seun and I know it is not easy to run such a huge forum.

However, between muslims and other faiths, Seun has given islam special privilege.

I understand the circumstances that led to the creation of the islam section but now, the unfairness is just too much.

I will wait for Seun to explain himself

You should stop being silly and drop the jealousy. Seun has been handling the situation rather well.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

You should stop being silly and drop the jealousy. Seun has been handling the situation rather well.

In my own opinion if Seun has been handling the section rather well, then there wouldn't be tension between christians and muslims in nairaland. Reminds me of the adage that says "the taste of the food is in the pudding".

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

Seun is handling the situation so well that both muslims and christians are on his neck? Stop being a brown-noser

Summary of the situation
1. Christians, muslims and other faiths in one section
2. Certain muslims couldnt handle religious criticism
3. A radical muslim made a serious threat
4. As a result, Islam section formed. No wahala
5. The islam section became even more isolationist with the mod banning people for 100 years (sometimes just for innocent criticism)
6. Then, there was rule 17 which made the matter worse (rule 17. simply translated to "dont say anything negative about islam or be banned)
7. Then any thread on islam (even if it is an atheist writing about islam to other atheists) gets moved to the islam section
7. Non-muslims were getting banned on islamic topics that reach front page
8. After serious complaints from non-muslims (many who had never even been banned before), islamic topics were banned from frontpage
9. Muslims reacted angrily to the frontpage ban
10. Seun gave in and the frontpage ban was reduced to a compromise- the islamic topics could only be seen by guests on frontpage
11. Compromise didnt sit well with muslims
12. Now, there is now a forceful conversion if one wants to comment on the islam section (allegedly)

3 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
MessiRonaldo007:

Seun is handling the situation so well that both muslims and christians are on his neck? Stop being a brown-noser

Summary of the situation
5. The islam section became even more isolationist with the mod banning people for 100 years (sometimes just for innocent criticism)
6. Then, there was rule 17 which made the matter worse (rule 17. simply translated to "dont say anything negative about islam or be banned)
7. Then any thread on islam (even if it is an atheist writing about islam to other atheists) gets moved to the islam section
8. After serious complaints from non-muslims (many who had never even been banned before), islamic topics were banned from frontpage
10. Seun gave in and the frontpage ban was reduced to a compromise- the islamic topics could only be seen by guests on frontpage
12. Now, there is now a forceful conversion if one wants to comment on the islam section (allegedly)

Your own case is simple: you are jealous.

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

Your own case is simple: you are jealous.

Jealous of what?

Have you been smoking some herbs recently?

4 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
MessiRonaldo007:

Summary of the situation
12. Now, there is now a[b]forceful conversion[/b] if one wants to comment on the islam section (allegedly)

forceful conversion
You used a very sharp word. But then love the word because it brings out the strong feeling I felt when I wanted to comment on the islamic section.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

In my own opinion if Seun has been handling the section rather well, then there wouldn't be tension between christians and muslims in nairaland. Reminds me of the adage that says "the taste of the food is in the pudding".

Which tension?

The only tension I see are those started by people who want to force their way into the Islam for Muslim section. In the General Religion section, the tension is between a section of Christians and those who are irreligious. You guys should stop using muslims as an excuse to drive out Atheists and the like.

2 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

forceful conversion
You used a very sharp word. But then love the word because it brings out the strong feeling I felt when I wanted to comment on the islamic section.

What business do you have in the ISLAMIC section? Are you a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

Which tension?

The only tension I see are those started by people who want to force their way into the Islam for Muslim section. In the General Religion section, the tension is between a section of Christians and those who are irreligious. You guys should stop using muslims as an excuse to drive out Atheists and the like.

And those that were banned on frontpage topics and have never set foot in the islam section? Were they "forcing themselves" into the islam section?

And the muslims themselves who were claiming that christians abuse them and maclatunji should even ban more during the discussion about the islamic frontpage drama?

Please keep putting your head in the sand. We know your type.

You are the kind of person that had no electricity, no food and no job but will shout "GEJ FOREVER!"
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by ojaydedon(m): 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
hmmm... Dint see rule 17

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

What right do muslims or any religion have to ban people from commenting on their religion or isolating others from the section?

I cant even write about the middle east on the religion section without my thread being moved to the islam section.

Think!!!
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:
hmmm... Dint see rule 17

Christians mocked Seun to death on rule 17.

That is why it is no more there. grin
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

Which tension?

You seem to forget that sometimes muslims post insultive threads about christians in the general religion section, and the thread runs untouched by the mods. But when a christian utters a word of criticism in the muslim section against muslim (even when said politely), he is barred. Now when you want to comment on their section you are "forcefully converted to islam".

How would you feel if you were made to click on an agreement that you are renouncing your catholic faith for paganism all because you want to comment in a pagan themed thread?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

No, but then what is good for the goose is good for the gander if non-muslims are forced to click on an agreement before commenting on islam section, then muslims have to be made to do the same before clicking on christian themed threads, or better still a christian section should be created.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

No, but then what is good for the goose is good for the gander if non-muslims are forced to click on an agreement before commenting on islam section, then muslims have to be made to do the same before clicking on christian themed threads, or better still a christian section should be created.

It's very simple: NON-MUSLIMS have overstayed their welcome in that section. If you are not a MUSLIM then the section is not for you. Your case too is that of jealousy!

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

You seem to forget that sometimes muslims post insultive threads about christians in the general religion section, and the thread runs untouched by the mods. But when a christian utters a word of criticism in the muslim section against muslim (even when said politely), he is barred. Now when you want to comment on their section you are "forcefully converted to islam".

How would you feel if you were made to click on an agreement that you are renouncing your catholic faith for paganism all because you want to comment in a pagan themed thread?

If I see a sign that says: No trespassing! I go the other way, as long as the property is not mine.

Similarly, if the whole of nairaland is such that I must accept an agreement that is not compatible with my faith as a Catholic or some other thing I hold strongly, then I will stop visiting nairaland. It's that simple.

We have so many sections in nairaland, why would not visiting ONE of the very many sections deprive you or anyone from having fun?

2 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

It's very simple: NON-MUSLIMS have overstayed their welcome in that section. If you are not a MUSLIM then the section is not for you. Your case too is that of jealousy!

Remember that there were times you commented on islam section. Oh. Hmm. Ok. If that's your stance, then the same rule should apply to Muslims commenting on non-muslim threads.

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Am still waiting for answers from Seun.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

striktlymi:

If I see a sign that says: No trespassing! I go the other way, as long as the property is not mine.
Similarly, if the whole of nairaland is such that I must accept an agreement that is not compatible with my faith as a Catholic or some other thing I hold strongly, then I will stop visiting nairaland. It's that simple.
We have so many sections in nairaland, why would not visiting ONE of the very many sections deprive you or anyone from having fun?

Rich4god:
You guys should leave the muslims alone... Its their section... They want to stay out of reach by non-muslims... So its their choice, just live with it... You can only complain when any of their thread makes front page and non-muslims cant comment on it... Then you can vent your anger on the admin.

This was the very argument that brought sharia law to Nigeria. Sharia that is illegal according to the Nigerian constitution. It is now legal to flog women in Nigeria and cut off hands as punishment.

"oh, it is their state, why should we southerners disturb them if they want sharia?"
"oh, it is their section why should we disturb them if they want forceful conversion or censorship?"

We Nigerians own all the states not muslims.
Seun owns the Section not muslims.

We are only asking questions of Seun

Freedom of and freedom from religion. Religious equality. All religions should be treated equally.

3 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

Remember that there were times you commented on islam section. Oh. Hmm. Ok. If that's your stance, then the same rule should apply to Muslims commenting on non-muslim threads.

I did comment there but as it stands, I can no longer do that. Same goes for any non-muslim who hold strongly to their beliefs.

The Islam section has been quite vulnerable to 'attacks' which can prove very destructive to nairaland, nairalanders and seun.

It is no news that some 'disgruntled elements' who hide behind the cloak of Islam, would welcome any slight excuse to cause havoc on innocent people.

As a result, it is in everyone's best interest to prevent non-muslims, who may not be aware of the far reaching effects of their posts, from posting in that section.

The new innovation in my view is a welcome development. It shows some sense of responsibility on the part of seun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
That2:
Just a few weeks ago a Christian open a thread complaining the word "allah" is censored to begin with capital letter "A". That he want "jesus" to be done so blahblahblah. Muslims were once complaining of frontpage blahblah...Gosh! These two religion disgust me. I wish a great cleansing will happen wiping out all traces of Christianity and Islam from this earth..Damn! These religion are the problem of this world. ISIS should keep beheading all the Christians heads as soon as they are done the entire middle East should be nuke and all Arab animals should be wipe out. Stûipid religions. Adolf Hitler was truly a heroe trying to bring sanity to the world. Yes! that is is the only option, Religious cleansing all the way!

^^^
Please, ban this terrorist. angry
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by That2: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
And a Christian section wouldn't stop me from commenting there even if i have to pronounced the bearded Jews zombie as my god i don't mind. As long as i cant live in peace because of these useless religions then the Nairaland religious sections won't know peace!
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
Viewing his topic: seun(m)

Smh.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Ajibam: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
That2:
And a Christian section wouldn't stop me from commenting there even if have to pronounced the bearded Jews zombie as my god i don't mind. As long as i can live in peace because of these useless religions then the Nairaland religious sections won't know peace!
Are you done?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students Must Study The Satanic Bible----kentucky Education Board / 5 Key Life Lessons From The Parable Of The Talents / Disadvantages Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.