Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,302 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) (1726 Views)

American Rapper 2chainz Intends Scholarship For USA,NIGERIA And JAMAICA (PICS) / 2013 NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Is Out / 2011/2012 Nayec Undergraduate Scholarship Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by corperscorner: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
A few weeks back, we can recall the American Rapper 2Chainz, made known his intention to organize a scholarship grant of $1million for students in USA, Nigeria and Jamaica.

However, the gist was revisited by a radio presenter when the rapper featured in an exclusive interview with BBC last week. The presenter quizzed the rapper on the motive behind his decision as words have been flying around claiming its just a publicity stunt.

"You did a song with Meek Mill where you kept repeating "All I do Is stunt!!!", so we would like to know if this is also a stunt as its not pretty clear" the presenter said. The rapper however gave his position on the aforesaid program he intends rolling out early next year; by saying "I aint doing this for the media, 'cos its been long intended before it broke out to the media. I feel the need to find a reasonable way of appreciating my fans, and all I can think of right now, is this. Besides, the team I set up for this had already started engaging prominent stakeholders from these countries to ensure it becomes a huge success like the Douglas Carousel".

He was further quizzed on the reason he has chosen to roll out the intended program in USA, Nigeria and Jamaica alone and to clear the air, the rapper gave a brief statistical analysis which led to the decision. "Going by the geo-stats of my fans, the vast majority of 'em are from these countries. So had it been I've got numbers in the middle-east, I'll definitely consider that too, but its all for a start. As I feel the need to give back to my fans with more than just good music."

Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by IrunOBO: 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
I wish I had a good heart like this guy...

1 Like

Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by jobberman247: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bless you chainz....Giving back to the hood. Nice!

1 Like

Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by katiemadubiko: 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
for real?

pls buzz me or stop by my hostel later in the day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by IrunOBO: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ehen.....Op....what is Douglas Carousel?

Na track or which one?
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by corperscorner: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
IrunOBO:
Ehen.....Op....what is Douglas Carousel?
Na track or which one?

Its a scholarship program in Jamaica...

You can google it to verify...LOL...not a music track...
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by corperscorner: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
Modified
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by IrunOBO: 4:36am On Oct 08, 2014
corperscorner:

Its a scholarship program in Jamaica...

You can google it to verify...LOL...not a music track...

Why didn't he make reference to our own Local Agbami...or are not responsible ni? *dodges slap*
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by jobberman247: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2014
IrunOBO:

Why didn't he make reference to our own Local Agbami...or are not responsible ni? *dodges slap*

*pulls him closer with the shirt* Oya take slap grin

Agbami no dey quick pay....even when they pay....na some pple dey see the moni kolet. Y u go wan make he use dem as example. No wish bad thing for here. Bhave.
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by corperscorner: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2014
Lets keep our fingers crossed....

If anything, I believe they will want to incorporate the running standards here in the US.

Everything is strictly online.

1 Like

Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by IrunOBO: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2014
corperscorner:
Lets keep our fingers crossed....

If anything, I believe they will want to incorporate the running standards here in the US.

Everything is strictly online.

Here or there..........

Where u dey...... grin grin grin grin
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by corperscorner: 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
na where u put me I dey cool cool

Lol
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by Abbey2sam(m): 12:58am On Oct 09, 2014
corperscorner:
na where u put me I dey cool cool

Lol

Abeg nah you dem say e bring down LIB......
nah true?

abeg forgive her
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by kennyslim1(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2014
Abbey2sam:

Abeg nah you dem say e bring down LIB......
nah true?

abeg forgive her

See accusation o
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by ninovandross(m): 8:49am On Oct 09, 2014
True
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2014
katiemadubiko:
Chai.....my share awaits megrin

Make I begin read JAMB past questions grin
And do you know he was a 4 pointer in college too,very brilliant when he was in school,2Chainz is my fella
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by jobberman247: 11:34am On Oct 09, 2014
Many deek dey scratch for this scholarship...

at least if the 1 million dollar no go be for one person.....

e go be for plenty people in bits....

#TeamANTICIPATING cool cool cool

this guy.............where u take get this uncomfirmed gist
Re: American Rapper 2Chainz Says His Scholarship Is Not For The Media (PICS) by IrunOBO: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Any update

I don taya to dey wait ooooo........

sad sad sad sad

(1) (Reply)

Violence Rocks Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo. / Technology And Disease Control In Contemporary Nigeria / BREAKING: Jamb Reduces UTME Registration Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.