Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58002 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
Before I start this, I want to make it clear that I'm not a sexist.

People say it is a man's world, and honestly, it is. I will show you how.

Nature gave us some bonus and women gave their support. Even if a man forgives a cheating wife, the women(society) will not.

Here are the few reasons some men find it difficult to forgive a cheating wife(They are what I heard men say. I didn't author some of them)

1: EGO:- It certainly has alot to do with their ego being bruised. The thought that another man was able to sleep with Someone they believed they had "ownership" of breaks them to pieces as most of them think the women incapable of sex without emotions, meaning the woman loves another. Remember men are like a lioness that can kill most animals for its cubs but will not allow another animal to even play with its cubs.

2: GUILT:- If a woman cheats, the man will never forgive not only the woman but himself no matter whose fault it is. He feels he has failed as a man to protect and keep his own.

3: THEY CAN'T FORGET:- When a man is making love with his wife, it is a sacred rituals the way she moan shows that his sacrifice has been accepted. So if she makes love with another man he will be thinking the temple is no more sacred and when he make love to her and she moan, it will be disgusting cause it will be like that is the way she moaned for the other guy!

4: YOU HAVE LOST HER IF SHE CHEATS:- Female infidelity is often much more damaging to a marriage. Don’t get me wrong: Male cheating is definitely harmful. But when a woman fools around, it’s often the beginning of the end of the relationship. For men, cheating often tends to be opportunistic—they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time and the cheating doesn’t necessarily mean anything emotionally. In fact a man can sleep with a woman today and not remember her again but for a woman to have sex with you(in most cases)you must win her heart to win her body.

5: HE PAID YOUR PRICE:- I guess i gotta be blunt here. I know we call it marriage but I think women are being bought in a way. Don't kill me yet, let's analyze it. He buys engagement ring. Proposes to you, you accept then he decides to see your people. Your people accept him and give him a list containing heaven and earth. He agrees to pay, he pays for everything and when your parents feel they have collected enough, they hand you over to him. Then you automatically change your name(Change of ownership) which confirms that you are now his own.

I have seen where women sponsored their marriage and the men don't care when they cheatcheesy soI believe the day you stop asking for head-cutting bride price for us to marry then we won't bother much, imagine paying all that money and she gives it to another man..

On a serious note. A cheat is a cheat and you can't quantify cheating. Who is cheating doesn't matter. Stay Faithful

167 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by MizMyColi(f): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Eleyi Gidi Gan.

Counter Thread Loading...............15%

Talking about paying her price - well, that's true, let's not forget that the same way the guy forwent scores of women to pay her price, she forwent scores of guys to accept his price wink

Owh, OP, I think the points you raised are valid and affects both sides of the divide equally, depending on the individuals involved.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Vikky014(f): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
……
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hmmmmmm
Eleyi Gidi Gan.

Counter Thread Loading...............15%
From You

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
claireshan:
……
You Too?

*MODIFIED*

There is nothing person will not see on this nairaland.

I just highlighted the few reason men find it difficult to forgive a cheating partner and someone is preaching equal rights already.

Equal rights in cheating?

Jesus Christ In Heaven.

Where does equal right feature in this?

Did I say "Reason women must forgive a cheating partner"?

Will your equal right change the heart of women?

If yes then the equal right is satanic.

It is not a must that your forgive him. If you can't then leave, nobody is gonna blame you.

We want equal right yet we collect heaven and earth from men that want to marry us....

We want equal right yet it is men that propose to and engage us.

We want equal right yet it is a must that a man provide for his family.

We want equal rights yet dating a broke is a no no even when we are broker than broke.

Is it only in infidelity that you want equal rights?

Why is it that women are declared brave when they hit men but men are brutal cowards when they do the same?

Why is it a mistake when a woman gets into the men's restroom but a man is perverted in the reverse?

Why are courts lenient with female criminals but males must be put down soon?

Why is it that when a woman is doing work a man is required to help her and not the same when the reverse is occurring?

No one is encouraging infidelity and that a man cannot forgive does not mean that a woman must forgive. Nobody is saying that.

So aside with this equal right thingy.

It is getting boring already.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
You Too?
Lolzzz tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by MizMyColi(f): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
From You

More likely tongue

Initial Post modified.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Fkforyou(m): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
I am here to read peoples comment. Although I want to say something.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by timawoku(m): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
How come its just ladies that are commenting? You cheat on me then there must be a good reason (which can never be good enough anyways), not tryn ta be egocentric here, bur if a man cheats, there is still a chance he gets to keep his home, when a woman cheats? There is a lotta chance you going down and a certain guy takes over your life (if u are lucky to still have it). I don't like it atall...(In DMX's voice) I don't pray to be cheated upon...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Fkforyou:
I am here to read peoples comment. Although I want to say something.
Say it bro
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

Talking about paying her price - well, that's true, let's not forget that the same way the guy forwent scores of women to pay her price, she forwent scores of guys to accept his price.
If I hear.

She didn't wait for him or because of him.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by timawoku(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
If I hear.

She didn't wait for him or because of him.
tell them o bro, no be africa we dey? Where ladies fast and pray for marriage and guys go about their normal biz until they fall into marriage pit?

27 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bebe2(f): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.

Call it pride or watever u like but the fact is wat drives a woman to infidelity is totally different from wat drives a man.

We will all agree that most men think wiy their pe-nis, once the thing done stand something need to bring am down regardless of the consequences. And most times these actions have no emotional involvement.

Buutttt before woman open leg for another man, e don weigh am, calculate am, manipulate am and decide say its worth doing.

And once she try am once, she go hardly stop am. Even science says there is a certain hormone thats secreted during se-x dats imbibes the memory of the man in her for a very very long time.

So which man wants to be competing with dat??

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:
How come its just ladies that are commenting? You cheat on me then there must be a good reason (which can never be good enough anyways), not tryn ta be egocentric here, bur if a man cheats, there is still a chance he gets to keep his home, when a woman cheats? There is a lotta chance you going down and a certain guy takes over your life (if u are lucky to still have it). I don't like it atall...(In DMX's voice) I don't pray to be cheated upon...
You just reminded me of a culture in my village. If a man cheats on his wife it has no side effect but if a woman cheats (sleeps with another man) then she is as good as dead if she doesn't confess and have the necessary sacrifice done. She go just die like chicken.

We all are hoping and praying for the best sha, nobody wants a cheating partner.

6 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.
When they say a man cheats it even sounds OK to the ears compared to when you hear that a woman is cheating on her husband. Even if he forgives her touching her will be a very big problem.

10 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
When they say a man cheats it even sounds OK to the ears compared to when you hear that a woman is cheating on her husband. Even if he forgives her touching her will be a very big problem.

Why is that 'OK' to your ears?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by timawoku(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

she means 'more acceptable by the society'.

13 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Very simple pls answer this when a man chats on his wife what name is given to him .......... And when a woman chats on her husband a name is given to her ...........
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:

Why is that more acceptable to the society?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by shizzle11(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
You nailed it, no need for long story. If only women would learn from this simple, precise and sincere comment. gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by shizzle11(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

A man cheating than a woman cheating
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

That I can't even explain. I've seen cases where a man will cheat and they will keep saying its normal for a man to cheat but when a woman cheats then they will almost kill her. undecided them no even wan hear at all.

There are things that can never change and this is an example of it. A man will cheat on his wife and if his wife cheats on him then..........

I don't pray for a cheating partner sha o.

6 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by timawoku(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

dunno? The society sucks!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:
Exactly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by valmunich(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nice points
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bennyrazz: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
I dey come grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Fkforyou(m): 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
Say it bro
. Funny as it may sound,sometimes when am having all this random thoughts in my head,I use to wonder if I would be able to forgive my wife if she cheats on me,cos from that day on any attraction I have for her might wear off,infact I used to have this wierd this thinking that after our wedding am going to have a heart to heart discussion with my wife on the kind of husband and father she wants me to be in essence her expections of me. And when is my turn, am going to let her know(I.e one of my expectations on her) I prefer she ask for divorce than for her to cheat on me. This might sound wierd to some people esp for married folks anyway its just a thought as well as my personal opinion.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:
dunno? The society sucks!!!

I guess we can all agree that a patriarchal society sucks. It is a society that feeds on chauvinism and oppression.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
That I can't even explain. I've seen cases where a man will cheat and they will keep saying its normal for a man to cheat but when a woman cheats then they will almost kill her. undecided them no even wan hear at all.

There are things that can never change and this is an example of it. A man will cheat on his wife and if his wife cheats on him then..........

I don't pray for a cheating partner sha o.

It can change, starting from you. Change your mindset, you are only thinking like the product of the society you grew up in. One way to do that, is by encouraging and teaching gender equality in social institutions.

28 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Your Spiritualist Won't Tell You About Fruits, Herbs And Plants / Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.