Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58005 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

It can change, starting from you. Change your mindset, you are only thinking like the product of the society you grew up in. One way to do that, is my encouraging and teaching gender equality in social institutions.
I wish. cool

Well I love to dream big. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
only someone with an open mind would understand this.

5 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by timawoku(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
okotv:
only someone with an open mind would understand this.
QED

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
Fkforyou:
. Funny as it may sound,sometimes when am having all this random thoughts in my head,I use to wonder if I would be able to forgive my wife if she cheats on me,cos from that day on any attraction I have for her might wear off,infact I used to have this wierd this thinking that after our wedding am going to have a heart to heart discussion with my wife on the kind of husband and father she wants me to be in essence her expections of me. And when is my turn, am going to let her know(I.e one of my expectations on her) I prefer she ask for divorce than for her to cheat on me. This might sound wierd to some people esp for married folks anyway its just a thought as well as my personal opinion.
What if its the other way round? Will you forgive yourself if you cheat on her or expect her to forgive you too

Today I saw a thread where a woman was asking for advice. Her hubby cheated on her to the extent that he got his girlfriend pregnant and when she found out the best he could do was to stop talking to her, eating her food and even sent her parking. She had to beg just to keep her marriage and all. Now she says they've settled but she feels betrayed and doesn't know if she can forgive him.

If it was the op that got pregnant for another man you and I know what would have become the faith of the op.

Cheating is cheating in respective of who cheated.

14 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ihedinobi2: 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
If the fact that she had sexuäl partners before we got married can make me livid, we can safely assume that there'll be hell to pay if she cheats.

As far as I'm concerned, a woman's body is like the Temple in Jerusalem and her you-know-what is the Holy of Holies. And there cannot be two high priests in this matter.

Me fa, I respectfully limit my ministry to one temple. Too bad about my past but my future is spoken for.

6 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by timawoku(m): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
I wish. cool

no mind am o, peops in naija can't even smoke cigarettes outside in naija without being 'termed'...society rules Nigerians, it only takes an 'eagle eyes' to see your point MzMariah

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:

QED
thanks
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
I wish. cool

Not even close. The society is me and you. You might not see the change in your generation but it will surely reflect in that of your kids.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:
no mind am o, peops in naija can't even smoke cigarettes outside in naija without being 'termed'...society rules Nigerians, it only takes an 'eagle eyes' to see your point MzMariah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
timawoku:
Society aside bro.

Lets look at it from this angle.

Women are born sealed.

Apparently to be opened by that special person.

Men are not.

Nature itself gave us some bonus

28 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

Not even close. The society is me and you. You might not see the change in your generation but it will surely reflect in that of your kids.
I believe it will change, there is never a day I don't say the prayer for Nigeria in distress even if i don't go for mass so it will change.

Dreaming big is my dream. cool
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bukatyne(f): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:
If the fact that she had sexuäl partners before we got married can make me livid, we can safely assume that there'll be hell to pay if she cheats.

As far as I'm concerned, a woman's body is like the Temple in Jerusalem and her you-know-what is the Holy of Holies. And there cannot be two high priests in this matter.

Me fa, I respectfully limit my ministry to one temple. Too bad about my past but my future is spoken for.

If you a Christian that should educate the world is saying this, then all hope is lost

Thankfully, during the OT when it seemed women were worthless, God'a puniahment was equal for the adulterous men and women.

In the NT, we were told that our bodies was the temple of the Holy Spirit without been gender specific, then I do not get the women are more 'honorable, templelike etc'

@OP:

Jesus Christ that paid for us with His blood sef did not see it as a justification to do as He likes undecided

It is all good

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Fkforyou(m): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Mzmariah from my post you ought to know how much I hate cheating so I don't have any intention on cheating on my wife. One thing about the female psyche is that once you cheat on her you are making her vulnerable because at that moment she begins to have this feeling that she is no longer your number one and if you are unfortunate and she meets one bad sharp guy who makes her feel special like she is the only girl in the world,you are doomed.Am not speaking for all guys but I can tell you that we can't bear the thought of a fellow man like us beign able to seduce our wife.

4 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
I believe it will change, there is never a day I don't say the prayer for Nigeria in distress even if i don't fo for mass so it will change.

Dreaming big is my dream. cool

The problem is prayer cannot do anything to save Nigeria. Stop praying and start taking an active role like changing your mentality and that of everyone you can influence.

It's sad that gender equality and fairness is now a 'dream', equality between genders should be a mandated right.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by F117A: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
I kinda agree.
A cheating wife has just succeeded in destroying the psyche of the husband.
The fact that sex is emotional for women makes it worse.
The man will probably run mad overthinking it, especially if he was in love.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
BananaBender:

The problem is prayer cannot do anything to save Nigeria. Stop praying and start taking an active role like changing your mentality and that of everyone you can influence.

It's sad that gender equality and fairness is now a 'dream', equality between genders should be a mandated right.
Hian, wetin do my mentality shocked shocked shocked oya abeg start from me na, help me change my mentality. smiley
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
F117A:
I kinda agree.
A cheating wife has just succeeded in destroying the psyche of the husband.
The fact that sex is emotional for women makes it worse.
The man will probably run mad overthinking it, especially if he was in love.
And what has a cheating man succeeded in doing? cheesy

Cheating is cheating jor.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by smokescreen4: 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
I like you banana bender it is dis kind of mindset mzmariah has that will continue to put women in Nigeria where they are now, prayer for Nigeria in distress my foot.

8 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
smokescreen4:
I like you banana bender it is dis kind of mindset mzmariah has that will continue to put women in Nigeria where they are now, prayer for Nigeria in distress my foot.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by F117A: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
And what has a cheating man succeeded in doing? cheesy

Cheating is cheating jor.
True.
i don't think i am that chauvinistic to claim otherwise.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
I never said I support cheating from anybody, I only said the society where I am they believe a man can cheat but a woman can't so make nobody dey call my moniker like say I talk say e good for men to cheat o. Wetin concern abgero with overload. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by iceberylin(m): 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
ŔĔÁŚŐŃÁßĹĔ ŚĤÁ
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by iceberylin(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
ŔĔÁŚŐŃÁßĹĔ ŚĤÁ

ŤĞĔ ĔĞŐ PÁŔŤ ĨŚ ŚŐ ŤŔÚĔ
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ihedinobi2: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
bukatyne:

If you a Christian that should educate the world is saying this, then all hope is lost

Thankfully, during the OT when it seemed women were worthless, God'a puniahment was equal for the adulterous men and women.

In the NT, we were told that our bodies was the temple of the Holy Spirit without been gender specific, then I do not get the women are more 'honorable, templelike etc'

@OP:

Jesus Christ that paid for us with His blood sef did not see it as a justification to do as He likes undecided

It is all good
You probably misread me. Or I misunderstand you.

I just said that I would not cheat and that I regret my past. What exactly has lost us all hope?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
They are coming to console themselves and gather again to know if the sun has started shinning after one of their member died few days back with his mistress in the rain....instead of them to be seriously praying that the walking charms that member benigras....talked about will not cause their wives to cheat.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Blackvampire(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
This woman cheating..is serious. O.cos a man fainted n died when it was confirmed that is 3 kids were not his and they were from different men..in my area......naija women killing niaja men since the days of Adam.

4 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
I never said I support cheating from anybody, I only said the society where I am they believe a man can cheat but a woman can't so make nobody dey call my moniker like say I talk say e good for men to cheat o. Wetin concern abgero with overload. undecided
you have seriously been misunderstood so just take it in your stride....good evening ma

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
I think all posts on this thread should be closely read cause all I see are misunderstandings.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
okotv:
you have seriously been misunderstood so just take it in your stride....good evening ma
Ok.

Good evening dear. Hope your day went well? Thanks for your suggestion (my diary name), God bless.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
MzMariah:
Ok.

Good evening dear. Hope your day went well? Thanks for your suggestion (my diary name), God bless.
went somehow well....God bless you too ma.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by mystiqueDZ(f): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmm op when we do the sacred rituals I MOAN!!

God forbid I mourn something as sweet.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by coogar: 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.

Call it bride or watever u like but the fact is wat drives a woman to infidelity is totally different from wat drives a man.

We will all agree that most men think wiy their pe-nis, once the thing done stand something need to bring am down regardless of the consequences. And most times these actions have no emotional involvement.

Buutttt before woman open leg for another man, e don weigh am, calculate am, manipulate and and decide say its worth doing.

And once she try am once, she go hardly stop am. Even science says there is a certain hormone thats secreted during se-x dats imbibes the memory of the man in her for a very very long time.

So which man wants to be competing with dat??

excellent post!
may the gods of your ancestors be with you. grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

John Edobor Caught In Bed With Another Lady (Pics) / Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / What Your Spiritualist Won't Tell You About Fruits, Herbs And Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.