Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,662 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? (3887 Views)

Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence / Ur Opinion On Ipad Replacing Bible / Let's Talk About Gay Rights - From A Religio-Philosophical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Please what's your opinion on LGBT Rights in Nigeria? I will post a link to a survey on this. I want to see what everyone's opinion is on here. Or comment below. grin I'm gathering statistics so I can put together a graph.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RJY87BB

*edit* PLEASE Let's keep it NICE and NO cursing others out so we can keep this post open!
This is solely to post your opinions. No one is saying you need to say I support this or that or I am this or that. This is just a post to express your opinions in a professional manner. smiley

Thanks guys smiley
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
felicia01:
Please what's your opinion on LGBT Rights in Nigeria? I will post a link to a survey on this. I want to see what everyone's opinion is on here. Or comment below. wink I'm gathering statistics so I can put together a graph.

Thanks guys smiley
We concur with the government on 14yrs jail term for those found in such an abominable act.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
we will find you and dash you your 14years imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:
We concur with the government on 14yrs jail term for those found in such an abominable act.

I'm curious, Why is it that you believe LGBT is an abominable act?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by wiegraf: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
spotit:

Like I said, old, boring story about judeoxtian brainwashing

Why do you want to 'find' them you pervert? What do you want to see??

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
spotit:

Before you find me can you answer my survey? smiley

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
felicia01:

I'm curious, Why is it that you believe LGBT is an abominable act?
first off, I would like to know if you're a Nigerian. Then I can answer you.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:
first off, I would like to know if you're a Nigerian. Then I can answer you.

Yes I am Nigerian.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by finofaya: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
We believe that they should be given the same rights accorded to the heterosexual.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Orunto: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
This article is illegal. You will be arrested in England for illegal post like this. Please stop it. The people you are talking about have no right in Nigeria.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
felicia01:

Yes I am Nigerian.
Ok. Probably the western lifestyle has gotten the better of you.

I can't speak for Nigerians in general. My personal reason for tagging this practise as "abominable" is because the Bible condemns it, Nature condemns it and Science isn't an exception.

Do you think you'd be here to ask this question if your dad never married ya mum?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
Orunto:
This article is illegal. You will be arrested in England for illegal post like this. Please stop it. The people you are talking about have no right in Nigeria.

What article is illegal? I'm confused. Also why do they have no right? Please explain for me.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Kay17: 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Times have changed, individualism is on the raise AND society's greatest enemy is the individual. My idea is that human rights is a bundle entitled to the individual. So for human rights to be correctly understood, it must be understood around the individual.

SmellMyFart:
My personal reason for tagging this practise as "abominable" is because the Bible condemns it, Nature condemns it and Science isn't an exception.
Do you think you'd be here to ask this question if your dad never married ya mum?

SMF's opinion is subjectively weighed by his belief system, same can not apply to an atheist or a Hindu -- someone with a different belief system.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:

I can't speak for Nigerians in general. My personal reason for tagging this practise as "abominable" is because the Bible condemns it, Nature condemns it and Science isn't an exception.

I see where your views are coming from. When you say nature condemns it, are you saying this because only man and woman can produce offspring with today's current studies?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kay17:
Times have changed, individualism is on the raise AND society's greatest enemy is the individual. My idea is that human rights is a bundle entitled to the individual. So for human rights to be correctly understood, it must be understood around the individual.

SMF's opinion is subjectively weighed by his belief system, same can not apply to an atheist or a Hindu -- someone with a different belief system.
True. But save for religion which might bring us at loggerheads, nature and science has got nothing to do with religion but they too detest the practise. Do you still think it's right?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
felicia01:

I see where your views are coming from. When you say nature condemns it, are you saying this because only man and woman can produce offspring with today's current studies?
of course.

Lets be natural in this regards. Without artificial insemination which is what lesbian couples do to have a child, do you think having intercourse with your fellow woman can bring forth offsprings?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Kay17: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:
True. But save for religion which might bring us at loggerheads, nature and science has got nothing to do with religion but they too detest the practise. Do you still think it's right?

Science has nothing prescriptive to say neither does nature. In fact, to each and every man, nature means something differently.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Orunto: 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
Please don't be confused. The law in Nigeria makes it illegal to even talk about. Don't stress your nerves further otherwise you might incriminate fellow Nairalanders.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:
of course.

Lets be natural in this regards. Without artificial insemination which is what lesbian couples do to have a child, do you think having intercourse with your fellow woman can bring forth offsprings?

When we think of the world today how many things are truly naturally made. What do you think about a man and woman who can not naturally reproduce their offspring and will require artificial insemination? Sometimes from another male.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kay17:

Science has nothing prescriptive to say neither does nature. In fact, to each and every man, nature means something differently.
You must've heard about the like poles of a magnet repelling each other and unlike poles clinging to each other. Same goes in the electrical field with respect to charge.

In nature/biology, man is a living organism and so are animals. If this practise is right, why haven't any animal be it domestic or wild indulge in such act? I'm not trying to juxtapose man with mere animal cos it's certain we're the greatest of all organisms but in situations like this, the most silly evidence can be useful. smiley
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by paulGrundy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:

14years is too small they should also be rounded up and sent to a correction centre for 5years extra.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
Orunto:
Please don't be confused. The law in Nigeria makes it illegal to even talk about. Don't stress your nerves further otherwise you might incriminate fellow Nairalanders.

No one here is saying anything that would be a felony of Nigerian laws. This is all just a friendly conversation of everyone's views. No one here is forced to say I believe in this or I support that. smiley

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

14years is too small they should also be rounded up and sent to a correction centre for 5years extra.

When you say they should be sent to a corrective centre for 5 years + do you think that the extra time will correct the way they are? Or what is your intent when you say that?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by paulGrundy(m): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
spotit:

Seconded.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by paulGrundy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
felicia01:

When you say they should be sent to a corrective centre for 5 years + do you think that the extra time will correct the way they are? Or what is your intent when you say that?

ARE YOU GAY?

Anyway a correction center will help them drop their dirty habit.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
smellyfart, u don't need to stress yourself trying to drive common sense into their iron skulls. why do they not have right and right legs or left and left hands each? if the animals chose to be gays, would they find flesh to eat and come here to type nonsense survey. rubbish

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by itstpia1: 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
just here to see if the thread made front page yet.

not going to ask why its in religion section.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

ARE YOU GAY?

Anyway a correction center will help them drop their dirty habit.

If you must know, I am straight. But I don't think that matters to answer my questions. smiley
What do you think will happen in a correction center to make them change what they feel?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
felicia01:

If you must know, I am straight. But I don't think that matters to answer my questions. smiley
What do you think will happen in a correction center to make them change what they feel?
overwhelming supply of totos

ritual/spiritual cleansing
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Kay17: 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
SmellMyFart:
You must've heard about the like poles of a magnet repelling each other and unlike poles clinging to each other. Same goes in the electrical field with respect to charge.

In nature/biology, man is a living organism and so are animals. If this practise is right, why haven't any animal be it domestic or wild indulge in such act? I'm not trying to juxtapose man with mere animal cos it's certain we're the greatest of all organisms but in situations like this, the most silly evidence can be useful. smiley

I strongly doubt if man is a magnet or should rightly be compared as such. Yet man is a free willed being and can do whatever he wishes. Besides how many animals enjoy a meal of pounded yam and good vegetables?!

Don't make yourself a laughingstock here.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by wiegraf: 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
spotit:
aha! homosexuals are now reporting to their coven. I'm not one of you, but I'm just observing to know who deserves the darkest, smelliest and most mosquito-infested part of kirikiri

Have you heard of Freudian slips? People often times let their inner emotions, conflicts, etc, blurt out into the open when confronted by their demons.

There's not even a hint of my being a homosexual in that post. So, why do you assume I'm one?

Just as you jumped to the conclusion that I meant you were browsing for pron and hence the poor grammar, when I clearly didn't.

Is this a case of 'guilty conscience'?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man / Is The World Becoming A Better Place Or Getting Worse? / Where Did Christians Fetch These Doctrines From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.