Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. (15894 Views)

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by kurt09(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, has admitted the possibility of hiring a foreign coach for the Super Eagles.
Speaking on a television programme, the new boss of the federation said that his board could opt for a foreign coach to replace Stephen Keshi if the need arises.
“It is very possible that we could get a foreign coach but first we have to give Keshi a chance. He is a hero and we should treat him as such,” Pinnick said.
“He has won the Nations Cup both as a player and as a coach for Nigeria and we must regard him with respect.
“I very much support us having local coaches and I will encourage that. But if it happens that he can’t continue, then we may get a foreign coach.”
Keshi’s contract ran out at the end of Nigeria’s participation at the World Cup in Brazil and he’s only handling the team on an interim basis.
He will do his chances of being retained as Eagles’ coach a great harm if Nigeria fails to qualify and defend their AFCON title in Morocco next January. http://www.thecable.ng/pinnick-eagles-get-foreign-coach
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by coolebux(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
Another different character grin
By the next 2years we will have every reason to re-paint him from Pinic to PINK grin grin
And the name will turn to PANIC grin grin

I can see him causing laughter grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
Not very necessary. Siasia is better than a foreign coach.

7 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Umunede(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
I watched that programme. He also said that NFF will set up a Technical committee that will compile and grade all our foreign players into Grade A, B and C based on the league they are playing and how regular they play in their club. He said there will be no way of inviting someone in playing in China when there is someone playing regularly in a top league.

23 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by easyelliot(m): 11:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Umunede:
I watched that programme. He also said that NFF will set up a Technical committee that will compile and grade all our foreign players into Grade A, B and C based on the league they are playing and how regular they play in their club. He said there will be no way of inviting someone in playing in China when there is someone playing regularly in a top league.

Excellent!
I'm liking the new chairman's thought process. I hope he his allowed to do his job.

10 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by echarlz(m): 12:03am On Oct 08, 2014
Whatever happens to developing our own. Anyone who takes that seat with no focus on development is a joke and a joker. People are in a hurry to get instant rewards and credit with little thought to the future...smh

4 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Umunede(m): 12:13am On Oct 08, 2014
He also said that the Technical committee will be combing every corner of our great nation looking for young talents. From which, 4 of them on a quarterly basis will be sent to European developmental leagues like the Dutch league.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Umunede:
He also said that the Technical committee will be combing every corner of our great nation looking for young talents. From which, 4 of them on a quarterly basis will be sent to European developmental leagues like the Dutch league.
I give up.
Here we have an NFF president who STILL has that useless "Oyinbo go save us" mentality. What rubbish is this?! "European developmental leagues" what the fuggin trashheap is that?!
This 1diot thinks it's Europe who will develop our players for us. Here I was expecting someone intelligent enough to grasp the concept of self development and improvement. What is the plan for our league? How are we to raise its technical and aesthetic standard and make it financially self sustaining so that we can start keeping our players here to benefit our national team? Here I was thinking this clown would be answering such questions.
Instead all the buffoon wants to do is collect govt allocation and use it to pay some white fool who is then supposed to cast some oyibo magic spell over the national team and win the world cup, afcon, confed cup, chan and wafu cup beating every team 5-0 along the way. The magic that didn't work with Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic, Bertie Vogts, Lars Lagerback, Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo will somehow work this time. Oh, and while we're at it, let's do nothing to improve the state of our league. In fact let's go round every quarter and remove the 4 best talents from there, then let's package them off to the Dutch second division, pocketing some nice "fees" in the process. Gullible Nigerians who lick the buttocks of European football will hail us and to the skeptical ones we'll sell it as "polishing talent in "European developmental leagues." " (whatever the feck that even means!)

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Feck you, feck your NFF, feck your white juju mercenary coach, feck your "european developmental leagues", feck everything about you and your office you slimy, shameless, utterly revolting piece of sh1t!

Go to hell!

26 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by rayblast(m): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2014
Mr pinnick do u have to wait until we r shown da way of out da out of da group?If we dnt qualify am sure u knw there won t be enough money to put in ur pocket.Fire Keshi after d sudan match pls!!!Note sir da number of goals scored against sudan wil also determine our qualification

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by lexyman(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Keep Keshi , one thing I know for sure is that , a new coach can't make the difference ....no one is talking about the attitude of the players.

6 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by NaLaugh: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
Nigeria does not need to have a foreign coach . Keshi or Siasia will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Jerrick(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
Nonsense. Then Get José Mourinho. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Babyboy1986(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmm.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by HonourablePomk: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
As long as we keep winning
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Richardjemedafe(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
I'm tired of all this nonsense.. So because I gave
Obama my phone number, I can no longer rest again.
He has been disturbing me calling me on phone,
sending me text messages & just recently he added
me on Whatsapp.. Imagine any small problem he
encounters he 'll just rush his phone & call me for
advice & just last week Obama woke me up from my
dear sleep with his phone call just to tell me that his
daughter is getting married..!!! So if Ur daughter wan
marry mk I run comot port harcourt ni. & 2weeks
ago Jay-z
called me on phone apparently Obama gave him my
number,, imagine small Jay-z called me to tell that his
wife Beyonce is pleading for my autograph for their
child Blue Ivy... Wch kyn wahala b dis one.! &
because I gave Bill Gate money, I can no longer rest
for
Dangote.!! he's always coming to my house asking me
to give him money which I have given him enough but
he won't just stop coming.. naija greedy sha... nw that
2015 is around the corner our President GEJ is nw all
over me telling me to help him win the election.. Damn
what's all this.? Abeg Mk I go piss first,, I must
finish dis dream ds nyt

3 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Dexpro: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
The beginning of the end for BIG BOSS!!
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Lilimax(f): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2014
Foreign coach?... I remember Bora Multinovice Milutinović embarassed
smiley
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Davo93(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2014
If that will solve our problem, please go ahead! I believe no one is indispensable.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by lilprinze: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2014
bringing a foreign coach won't even change anything we would even spend or waste more money if we hire a foreign coach.

2 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Smartlux(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2014
na wa oh!!!
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nuvally: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.
Here we have an NFF president who STILL has that useless "Oyinbo go save us" mentality. What rubbish is this?! "European developmental leagues" what the fuggin trashheap is that?!
This 1diot thinks it's Europe who will develop our players for us. Here I was expecting someone intelligent enough to grasp the concept of self development and improvement. What is the plan for our league? How are we to raise its technical and aesthetic standard and make it financially self sustaining so that we can start keeping our players here to benefit our national team? Here I was thinking this clown would be answering such questions.
Instead all the buffoon wants to do is collect govt allocation and use it to pay some white fool who is then supposed to cast some oyibo magic spell over the national team and win the world cup, afcon, confed cup, chan and wafu cup beating every team 5-0 along the way. The magic that didn't work with Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic, Bertie Vogts, Lars Lagerback, Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo will somehow work this time. Oh, and while we're at it, let's do nothing to improve the state of our league. In fact let's go round every quarter and remove the 4 best talents from there, then let's package them off to the Dutch second division, pocketing some nice "fees" in the process. Gullible Nigerians who lick the buttocks of European football will hail us and to the skeptical ones we'll sell it as "polishing talent in "European developmental leagues." " (whatever the feck that even means!)

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Feck you, feck your NFF, feck your white juju mercenary coach, feck your "european developmental leagues", feck everything about you and your office you slimy, shameless, utterly revolting piece of sh1t!

Go to hell!

Are you ok?

20 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Erotex(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
The man can utter words after his court case today
Let him watch his tongue
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by dammytosh: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
Fire keshi when there is no hope of qualifying again then hire Siasia.

If we fail to qualify, call Siasia a failure.

I honestly feel Siasia is a better coach than Keshi. Keshi is just lucky but we need luck in life anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Dottune(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
fp
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by slimpoppa(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Really?
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Bryan12(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Picnic
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Dreyl(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2014
We still need keshi or sia not any Goddamn foreign coach,because they are overhyped.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by McLuhan(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Thank you, Mr Pinnick, but there's no need to beat about the bush. I know you are merely trying to be polite to Keshi and I commend you for that. But as every knowledgeable Nigerian knows, Keshi has reached the limit of his technical prowess insofar as football management is concerned. So, while you may wish to give him a soft landing, it is necessary to start consultations on who our next coach will be.

However, I disagree with the idea of hiring a foreign coach. Except you can attract a Mourinho, a Van Gaal or a Hiddink, then forget the idea, otherwise we will conclude that you are merely looking for a way to swell your domicillary account with hard currency. Go for a local coach who is willing to die for that job. Look for someone who is technically gifted, someone who wants to make a name, a workaholic who will scout hidden talents, not some pot-bellied executive who will invite bench-warmers from the Vietnamese league and throw them on the pitch with a strolling Mikel Obi as their captain. Go for an Oliseh or - why not? - a Siasia, a coach who has learnt his lessons and is willing to improve. But whatever you do, avoid an egotistical and vindictive snob who will come with an I-have-arrived mentality, ignoring our best players and selecting midgets as goalkeepers and paralytics as our strikers. I have a lot to say, Mr Pinnick, but a word is enough for the wise.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Games: Nigeria Maintains Second Position / FIFA: Criminal Proceedings Against Infantino Launched In Switzerland / Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.