Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many (928 Views)

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS / Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack To Stop The Islamic Monsters ISIS / Couple Jump-Off Bridge In China In Suicide Pact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by DaBullIT(m): 12:09am On Oct 08, 2014
A brave Kurdish woman blew herself up on Monday in-order to slow the advancement of the Islamic militants ISIS on a besieged Syrian town. Deilar Kanj Khamis, known by the name de guerre Arin Mirkan, blew herself up at an ISIS position east of the border town, killing ten jihadists.
It was the first known case of a female Kurdish fighter carrying out a suicide bomb against ISIS. According to tributes on Twitter, she was a mother with two children, though this was unconfirmed.

While there is little else known about the woman, she was a member of the Women’s Protection Unit, a branch of the Peoples Protection Units (YPG). The force has more than 10,000 female fighters who played a major role in the battles against the IS group.

Yesterday the force suggested all of their fighters would martyr themselves if it meant defeating IS and protecting the pivotal border town.
A press release from the People’s Defence Unit read: ‘As a result of remarkable resistance by our units on the axes of the city, repelling the invading attacks, 15 of our comrades martyred in action after facing the mercenaries with all the strength.

‘Of our martyrs was valiant comrade Arin, she was able to perform the action and kill dozens of ISIS mercenaries and stop their advance, such strong will and determination shown by comrade Arin will be the spirit of resistance in the hearts of all our combatants of the People’s Defence Units and Women’s Defense Units.

‘If necessary, all our fighters will be comrade Arin and shall not allow the mercenaries reach their wishes at whatever cost.’

Such a brave act , ISIS had a taste of their own medicine

sourcehttp://www.informationng.com/2014/10/woman-blows-herself-up-in-suicide-attack-against-isis-kills-many.html
Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by redsun(m): 12:13am On Oct 08, 2014
When you talk of a martyr,she is. People that acts like that needs to be obliterated by all means,just like the Nazis were extinguished.

1 Like

Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Who re Kurdish keep hearing of them

1 Like

Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 08, 2014
Toaskarity:
Who re Kurdish keep hearing of them

you need to consult a massive book for that

1 Like

Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 08, 2014
The way people no just value dia life na wai oh,I no fit just imagine myself committing suicide or killing someone for that matter,abeg make God use this lunar eclipse come back biko

1 Like

Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by Obinoscopy(m): 12:25am On Oct 08, 2014
In as much as I am happy some ISIS militants were killed, I'm against the use of brutality/terror in the fight against terror.

1 Like

Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by DaBullIT(m): 12:54am On Oct 08, 2014
youmour:
The way people no just value dia life na wai oh,I no fit just imagine myself committing suicide or killing someone for that matter,abeg make God use this lunar eclipse come back biko

When push comes to shove desperate solutions are given to desperate.situations

Nobody loves to die Fela Anikulapo said it. But in reality the only way to ensure that change comes is by making a point. So many people give their lives for greater good. What's that wise word something about tree of freedom being watered with blood of people ?

My point is ISIS will probably refrain from going near her town anymore especially since they have 10000 ladies willing to fight / do the same

The only language terror understands is terror. Its not fair to say that but its sad truth. Negotiating never brings anything. Another wise word says the only way to prevent war is to be fully prepared for it

Citing an example : Nuclear war head Many countries and several terrorist cells would love to nuke Israel and / or USA but knowing both countries have more than enough nukes restrained countries from attacking

That's terror with terror and its effective

RIP to the lady. I hope her aims would be fulfilled
Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by Oklander: 5:24am On Oct 08, 2014
ok
Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by birdman(m): 11:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
Obinoscopy:
In as much as I am happy some ISIS militants were killed, I'm against the use of brutality/terror in the fight against terror.

I agree, but it is easy to talk when it is not your home town that ISIS is about to run over. Lord have mercy...

1 Like

Re: Woman Blows Herself Up In Suicide Attack Against ISIS, Kills Many by Dibiachukwu: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
//

(1) (Reply)

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria. / SAS V ISIS: Superweapon Dubbed The 'TRANSFORMER' Launched To Fight Sick Jihadis / Video Of Cameroonian's President's Daughter Smoking Heavily Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.