Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] (10208 Views)

When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / The 9 Biggest Political Casualties Of The 2015 Nigerian General Elections / Goodluck Jonathan Is One Of The Best Presidents In The World – Jerry Gana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:31am On Oct 08, 2014
Read full report from richestlifestyle.com

Africa is the second largest continent in the world. It is also world’s second most populous continent and regarded as the poorest continent. There are 47 nations in Africa, led by different leaders who have been ruling for several decades. Some of these leaders and their families are very rich and their wealth are considered ill-gotten. They make their wealth from natural resources of these nations through the creation of companies under the names of their families. Here is a brief overview of the richest Presidents in Africa. Continue reading below:

The 9 Richest African Presidents and Kings as of 2014:

9) Robert Mugabe – Net Worth: $10 Million

Robert Mugabe is the President of Zimbabwe. His net worth is estimated to be around $10 million. The dictator’s family is very wealthy. Mugabe has won many elections, although frequently these have been criticized by outsiders for violating various electoral procedures.

( 8 ) Idriss Deby – Net Worth: $50 Million

Idriss Deby has been the President of Chad since 1990. His net worth is estimated to be $50 million. Towards the end of August 2006, he made international news after calling for his nation to have 60 percent stake in its output after receiving crumbs from foreign companies running the industry.

6) Goodluck Jonathan – Net Worth: $100 Million

Goodluck Jonathan is the President of Nigeria. His net worth is estimated to be around $100 million. He launched a “Roadmap for Power Sector Reform”, launched the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria and launched the Transformation Agenda. He is a member of the ruling “People Democratic Party”.

6) King Mswati III – Net Worth: $100 Million

The 15th richest royal in the world, according to Forbes Magazine. Mswati III is the King of Swaziland. He is worth more than $100 million; down $100 million of his 2012 ($200 million) fortune. The King has often been criticized for his lavish spending. In 2009 summer, several of his 13 wives reportedly spent over $6 million in a shopping spree. In the 2014 budget, parliament allocated $61 million for the King’s annual household budget, while 63 percent of Swazis live on less than $1.25 per day. His luxury car collection include a $500,000 Daimler Chrysler’s flagship Maybach 62. And has banned the photography of his cars.

5) Paul Biya – Net Worth: $200 Million

Paul Biya has been the President of Cameroon since November 6 1982. His estimated net worth is around $200 million; this figure was published by the ForeignPolicy.com. Around 48 percent of the citizens of Cameroon live below the poverty line. Catholic Committee against Hunger and for Development (CCFD) and several on-and-offline media has placed him in the list of leaders with ill-gotten wealth. In 2009, French online newspaper, Rue 89, reported the Cameroon President’s vacation was the top most expensive among world leaders. More than that of the American President. He was criticized for spending 30,000 euros ($40,000) per day on renting a villa.

4) Uhuru Kenyatta – Net Worth: $500 Million

Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta is the President of Kenya and the son of Kenya’s first President, Jomo Kenyatta. In 2011, Forbes estimated his net worth at $500 million. Most of his wealth comes from property. With his family, the President owns stakes in Kenya’s largest dairy company Brookside Dairies, media company Mediamax, Heritage Hotels, Commercial Bank of Africa and hundreds of thousands of prime Kenyan land. He is regarded as man of the people due to his sociability. During his inaugural speech, he promised economic transformation through Vision 2030, free maternal care and unity among all Kenyans.

3) Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo – $600 Million

Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is the President of Equatorial Guinea. He came to power in August 1979 by ousting his uncle Francisco Macias Nguema in a military coup. He has overseen the emergence of the nation as an important oil producer, beginning in 1990s. This President and his family literally own the economy, his personal fortune exceed $600 million, according to Forbes Magazine. In October 2011, the United States government seized $70 million assets of his son, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue. Though Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s second richest nation, majority of the population actually live under the poverty line.

2) Mohammed VI of Morocco – Net Worth: $2.5 Billion

Mohammed VI is the current King of Morocco. He is also the country’s leading businessman. He is worth more than $2.5 billion, according to Forbes. The King ascended to the throne following his father’s death in 1999 and he immediately set about improving upon his appalling human rights record and alleviating poverty.

1) Jose Eduardo dos Santos – Net Worth: $20 Billion

Jose Eduardo dos Santos is the President of Angola. He has held on to this post since 1979. His personal estimated wealth exceed more than $20 billion, according to Cabinda Online. While around 70 percent of Angolans live on less than two dollars a day. His daughter, Isabel dos Santos is among the Forbes Africa’s billionaires with a net worth of $3.8 billion. She’s currently Africa’s richest woman and also the world’s richest black
woman.Richest Presidents in Africa 2014

Source : http://www.richestlifestyle.com/richest-african-presidents/

More here : http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/10/richest-presidents-in-africa-2014.html

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by crystalash6590: 1:44am On Oct 08, 2014
My trip to see My Mom Please Help
http://www.gofundme.com/fjudi4

My name is Crystal Izoduwa, I am trying to raise funds to visit my mom in Benin City. Please help. Anything is appreciated. Even words of hope. thank you guys. If you would like to donate, please click the link:

http://www.gofundme.com/fjudi4
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by ROCKJ1(m): 3:17am On Oct 08, 2014
This is why Africa is not progressing. People cling on to power for too long. Their presidents turn their country into a personal property.
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by ddddon(m): 3:35am On Oct 08, 2014
can u imagine the number of years they av spent in office . Africa wen will u learn
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Abacha would have been among the richest aswell and ofcourse still president of Nigeria even as I'm typing..
In this case I will say kudos to "Death" it did a very good job..
At least the wealth went round Nigeria for a little a bit especially to the region that sustains that zoo called Nigeria like my biafra brothers says

2 Likes

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by timilehing(m): 4:27am On Oct 08, 2014
These guys are gluttonous
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:28am On Oct 08, 2014
Don't forget GEJ also came in with the intention of staying as life President. Remember his very first bill to the National Assembly just 3 weeks as President (after returning from State visits to Paul Biya and Musevini--- two of the most brutal dictators Africa has ever witnessed)?

7 YR SINGLE TERM AGENDA!!!

Same exact tactic all the African dictators used to sit tight in power. If you think GEJ will leave in 2019 you're all dreaming. Mark my words. GEJ has no plans to leave Aso Rock except in a body bag or casket; it shows in all his actions. He'd rather Nigeria breaks out in a war in hopes that he'd have a Niger Delta Republic to preside over.

You're all in deep sh^it if you don't figure out a way to kick this man out in 2015 because Nigeria is on its way to a one-party state if PDP "wins" next year. There will be no more opposition and PDP will change the constitution to allow him rule for as long as possible...

Well, till war inevitably breaks out eventually.

3 Likes

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by davesd: 5:52am On Oct 08, 2014
I am not suprised Goodluck jonathan is on the list. How will he not be When transformation is going on. How will he not be when school children are been abducted and kept in the place they all knew. How will he not be when money missing is the order of the day. How will he not be when he expects to be voted for another tenure in office. How will he not be when the political thieves are given presidential pardon on money rooting. I pray for Nigeria my country...

2 Likes

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by chinwike2(m): 6:41am On Oct 08, 2014
GEJ dey good joor !
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Drphemmy4u: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2014
When you gather wealth from a country's treasury,so much that even your families cannot exhaust in 100yrs,then you deserve to be called an animal,just like the whites refer to africans.it isn't their fault,such way of thinking amaze them.And yet everyday,we hear stories of poverty ravaging africa.Maternal mortality (500-800 per 100,000 pregnant women),infant,under-5 mortality still on the high side.when countries like Australia can boast of Maternal mortlity rate of less than 16 per 100,000 pregnant women.Malnutrition,HIV/AIDS,Tuberculosis etc are yet diseases of the tropics.Talk of poor housing,flooding,poor road networks,illiteracy all this are better understood here in Africa.But see how rich men who took an oath to serve their nations are? Even CHAD!!!chaaaaaaa!!!i! In Africa, We are our own problem.Our rulers don't know what it is to make a good name in history,or better still,they are not interested thereby filling there pockets instead.

2 Likes

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Bosville(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2014
@op U did nt Make ur findings very Well O.....i bet You dat oNe wey una post $100millioN 4 Gej, una dey dream O...am sure Gej's real net worth go dey compete with dat of Bill gate nd co....
*Naija we toO Much*
|Federal republic of Looters|
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Don't forget GEJ also came in with the intention of staying as life President. Remember his very first bill to the National Assembly just 3 weeks as President (after returning from State visits to Paul Biya and Musevini--- two of the most brutal dictators Africa has ever witnessed)?

Same exact tactic all the African dictators used to sit tight in power. If you think GEJ will leave in 2019 you're all dreaming. Mark my words. GEJ has no plans to leave Aso Rock except in a body bag or casket; it shows in all his actions. He'd rather Nigeria breaks out in a war in hopes that he'd have a Niger Delta Republic to preside over.

You're all in deep sh^it if you don't figure out a way to kick this man out in 2015 because Nigeria is on its way to a one-party state if PDP "wins" next year. There will be no more opposition and PDP will change the constitution to allow him rule for as long as possible...

accursed cow. If you aint a parasite,why dahell would u be scared of da emergence of da niger delta republic?

4 Likes

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2014
davesd:
I am not suprised Goodluck jonathan is on the list. How will he not be When transformation is going on. How will he not be when school children are been abducted and kept in the place they all knew. How will he not be when money missing is the order of the day. How will he not be when he expects to be voted for another tenure in office. How will he not be when the political thieves are given presidential pardon on money rooting. I pray for Nigeria my country...
another accursed big foool.

1 Like

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Elcapo(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2014
Yaaagaaaaa gringringrin
Naija no dey carry last imagine if jonathan's years in power was 25 he'd be the one of the richest in the world!!!grin
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by bennysgreen: 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Despite all the money they have they still look ugly.
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2014
AFRICA:RICH PRESIDENTS,POOR CITIZENSangryembarassedsad
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Bryan12(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
But I was here.
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by DONADAMS(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Jst for 4yrs $100m,wat if he rules 4 two-digit years lik others?...mehn dis is dis-heartening!smh
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2014
THIS is why we are really BLACKS....
BLACK depicts EVIL..,BLACK ARTs, DARKNESS, BLACKOUTS & STAGNATION.
WHITE depicts JOY, CLEANLINESS & PROGRESS.
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2014
THIS is why we are really BLACKS....

BLACK depicts EVIL..,BLACK ARTs, DARKNESS, BLACKOUTS & STAGNATION.

WHITE depicts JOY, CLEANLINESS & PROGRESS.

ARE U SURPRISED ALL ARE BLACKS...?
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by qleap2all(m): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Congratulations sir,according to your word 'stealing is not corruption'
We can now see how well you have distributed the wealth!Dearis god o o
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by focus7: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
The biggest thief in Africa is Uhuru Keyantta follow by his deputy Ebele Jonathan. It is now obvious the reason why Jonathan will never fight corruption in Nigeria. A man that vow not to contest for 2015 election and suddenly begin to canvas for seven years when he saw money. GEJ should be removed and probe.
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
lol ... people wantto pounce on Mr.President when they syt any flaw... Niger-areans sef
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Sholexyz(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
[b]Look at the numbers of years some president have been in power,kilode is it their birthright shocked
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Austin4lif: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

u are a sadist. Why is it that the north are very sentimental. GEJ will win ok, power will never come to the north again but to the middle belt. if it is war, we are ready.

2 Likes

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
Rexxie:

accursed cow. If you aint a parasite,why dahell would u be scared of da emergence of da niger delta republic?
Scared?! Look here animal, I honestly don't give two sh'its about your jungle, whether Nigeria or Niger Delta.
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by tsleazy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
when I was young I had no shoes - GEJ...... #started_from_the_bum-bum_now_I'm_here
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by shizzle11(m): 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
[s]
ISpiksDaTroof:

[/s]You are just an IDDIOTT.

1 Like

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
34 yrs in power shocked shocked
Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Joel3(m): 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
this is why i get angry when ever the white give africa aids. Giving africa aids is a cheat.

Africa dont need aids. They are ape and backward living things. Give them guns they will kill themselves.

1 Like

Re: See the 9 Richest Presidents In Africa 2014 [photo] by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Scared?! Look here animal, I honestly don't give two sh'its about your jungle, whether Nigeria or Niger Delta.
look whos talking,see da hunkhead piece of shiit prick whistling from da arsse...u dont giv two whatever'bout da naija n n.delta land n da 1st thing u're doing on this thread is bringing goddamm n profusely sweating arsse n rant about da subtle scheming for da likely emergence of da niger delta republic,how dumb..how parasitic..how pathetic..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannot Afford Another War With Tompolo And MEND / Count Anioma Nation Out Of The Niger Delta Republic! / Southern Kaduna: Miyetti Allah Resolves To Make Peace With Neighbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.