Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? (22816 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Can An Igbo Man( Or Woman) Be President Of Nigeria / Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by odikomo1(m): 6:49am On Oct 08, 2014
Women are fast growing in politics. There are now countries with notable female presidents and Nigeria has women who are deputy governors and some now aspiring to be governors. Very soon they will try the mission impossible, that is to become the president of Nigeria. The question is; can a woman be the president of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 08, 2014
Very possible. If you have read about woman, you'll know they have a higher thinking ability than men #NoOffence. And Women has great sensitivity... am just saying YES its possible

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by eunisam: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes! But not now,#GEJ2019

32 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by sebali: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Yeah.

SOMEDAY IN THE VERY FAR FUTURE

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2014
impactz:
Very possible. If you have read about woman, you'll know they have a higher thinking ability than men #NoOffence. And Women has great sensitivity... am just saying YES its possible

now I know why you believe they are better than men when it comes to reasoning.

As for the question, maybe state governors

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by ericgold(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2014
No! I doubts so even in a thousand years. Most women will not even support themselves. We shouldn't forget about Sarah Jibril who received only one vote and that is because she voted for herself cheesy. Even the first lady who was screaming "Women empowerment" everywhere didn't even vote for her.

Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/598729/sarah-jibril-one-vote-continue

One woman one Vote...lol

32 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by CloudBuilders: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by yuzjet(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Am not sure.

Reason being that:
Most of the Hausa are Muslim, and Islam don't allow a woman to lead where there are men. Taking a good look at the populations of the Hausa in the country, it leaves the women in a slim chance of leading the country in the future.

Though, it isn't a mission impossible.

But I can guarantee in the nearest future, the women governors from other regions aside North.

Hopefully, my wife to break the record. wink

23 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Hiringu: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2014
probably not. Not because she is not capable, but Nigerian men, and even many women are perhaps not mentally ready.

The Nigerian woman still suffers a great deal of subjugation.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by slimpoppa(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Not at all.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by datguru: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Till jesus comes, it won't happen. The day it happens, I will eat my head

6 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Richardjemedafe(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
X
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Udodasco1(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Not now not anytime soon. Women are problem
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by phollybee(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
FP booked
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by ayusco85(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
odikomo1:
Women are fast growing in politics. There are now countries with notable female presidents and Nigeria has women who are deputy governors and some now aspiring to be governors. Very soon they will try the mission impossible, that is to become the president of Nigeria. The question is; can a woman be the president of Nigeria

Please please biko, its a Big No. This is why

6 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by TheyVid(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Let me ask mongo park...

22 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by eleko1: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by iamtewwy(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2014
yea very possible mayb in d next 4-6 election!! to rule aint all about gender/power/muscles na brain oo meeting d needs off people who elected yu into office! an active woman is better Dan a clueless Jonathan and other buhari'z and co sharing Rice

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Lillee: 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
A better one at that. Since the men have failed us. Why don't we give it a try.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Agbgift(f): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes it's possible.
Although , I don't support it.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by eleko1: 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
cool
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by victorazy(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
YES! After GEJ 2019 is Ngozi Okonjo Iweala

7 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Bryancrox(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Not at all, the only female president i can recomend maybe will be my wife so that i can be the first man or papa peace

9 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Heyliesha(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Yyea, buh not now
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Ekowise(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Yes
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by simon3603(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
This will be very hard, men have not finished ruling it well so I don't think women can do it better. #TheyWillOnlyCareForTheirFamilies.
Case closed please.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Pistolx(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Women wahala too much nawhat will be the fate of the country when they are on dia period

5 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2014
Women cant handle the pressure that comes along with ruling Nigeria.And most muslims will probably not vote for a woman in the first place.
Re: Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria? by datbay(m): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2014
Nothing is impossible ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium / Wike Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Rivers- Photos / "A New Sherrif Is In Town" By Femi Adesina- Special Adviser To Buhari On Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.