Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners (21507 Views)

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? / Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos / Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
nuelsylves:

Please ask your friend how much he charges for computer training?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by nuelsylves(m): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
jmoore:

he said he didn't take it serious but he charges b/w 10k nd 15k though depends on how dt person negotiate. But he said full computer school centers charges b/w 20k nd 25k.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by nuelsylves(m): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
jmoore:

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by yommyuk: 5:25am On Oct 24, 2014
nuelsylves:
he said he didn't take it serious but he charges b/w 10k nd 15k though depends on how dt person negotiate. But he said full computer school centers charges b/w 20k nd 25k.

What is the duration of the course?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by VICTOFX(m): 5:56am On Oct 24, 2014
whats d best model of printer for a business center, and why?
also, u can contact me for a complete set of computer system, I.e PC, monitor , keyboard and mouse, @ a negotiable rate of 15.5k each, delivery can be made to any location within Nigeria, xept sambisa n d likes.
N/B the buyer will foot the cost of logistics n transportation.

if u need any, mail me @

ueng2k7@yahoo.com.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by VICTOFX(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2014
2rutalk1:

N/B: I will not advise anybody that wants to run a biz centre to buy new printers, they are fragile. Second hand printers last longer than new ones - talking from experience.
Success!

when said 2nd hand printers are better, whats d best model of printer for a business center, and why?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
nuelsylves:
I need to know how much your friend charges for typesetting.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by 2rutalk1: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
VICTOFX:

when said 2nd hand printers are better, whats d best model of printer for a business center, and why?
Buy HP product
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by VICTOFX(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
2rutalk1:

Buy HP product

HP is a brand name, and they are various HP models, which exactly are you talking of?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by boogie2: 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Talking about printers for business centres. Make sure you have Hp laser Jet printer, not a deskjet or inkjet. Hp laser Jet printer is for printing black and white documents which are the most common type of printing. Second hand laserjets are good, but I will not say new ones are any less. I have enjoyed second hand printers in my office but I still prefer new ones.

Now for coloured documents make sure you have a very good deskjet printer, prefer a HP Photosmart. It really helps in bringing great quality documents. I'm looking forward to buying a colour lasejet printer.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by nuelsylves(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
jmoore:

I need to know how much your friend charges for typesetting.
bro am sorry for late reply....., I have been bussy these days. Typesetting is N70 per page. Note: he is not in school environment. His office is located @ busines area. So most of his clients are business and office people. Though sometimes students do bring assignments for him.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
nuelsylves:

bro am sorry for late reply....., I have been bussy these days. Typesetting is N70 per page. Note: he is not in school environment. His office is located @ busines area. So most of his clients are business and office people. Though sometimes students do bring assignments for him.
Thanks for the reply.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by segzeeboy: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Guy,am also an expert in d field. B4 u joing d buiz pls try to have d basic knowledge of the business,including the maintenance. Also i can link u up 2 place where i buy my own in Lagos at a very cheap price. U can get the complete p4 with flatscreen for 15k like those of our banks. If u realy want to do d business i can send u d details proposal dat i use and d prices of d items needed. I can also help u with training,installation&configuration at a cheapest fees 4 u. Dat is what am doing in ondo state. U can mail me on bseitcomputer@gmail.com if u want my assistance
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2014
I have a deskjet hp printer 1515 model. A customer of mine wants to print her pictures.
I only print with A4 paper for now. Can I print with the type of paper used for photo printing and how much can I get that type of paper in the market?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Tekkyboy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
segzeeboy:
Guy,am also an expert in d field. B4 u joing d buiz pls try to have d basic knowledge of the business,including the maintenance. Also i can link u up 2 place where i buy my own in Lagos at a very cheap price. U can get the complete p4 with flatscreen for 15k like those of our banks. If u realy want to do d business i can send u d details proposal dat i use and d prices of d items needed. I can also help u with training,installation&configuration at a cheapest fees 4 u. Dat is what am doing in ondo state. U can mail me on bseitcomputer@gmail.com if u want my assistance
u got an email
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by makazona(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
Mr. jmoore and others, i want to start the computer biz now and i need advise cz am in the south south (yenagoa).

I want to go into bulk sms,UTME,post UTME,research for students and other online form fillings for now cz d person i want to share d shop with is into typing and other sundry services.

pls ur brotherly advice.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by kaysy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmm... i just saw this thread and needed to comment cos some people are about to make the same "mistake" i made few years ago.

Please do NOT start a Cyber Cafe for any reason. You can start a computer center i.e a shop with 3 computers or less, cyber cafe business is no more lucrative as it used to be in the early 20s.

I started a cafe in Ojo area of Lagos in 2012 with approximately N600,000 or more, though the business was bringing in about N3,000 to N4,000 each day then during off-peak period while it brings in N6,000 or more during peak periods (Thats when JAMB Reg is on) Though i have a very demanding family that made saving became almost impossible, The business gradually went unexplainably down that it finds it difficult to produce N2,000 daily now, fortunately for me i managed to set up another computer office in Yabatech in 2014 with just 1 system and everything cost me less than N150,000 to set up this in the school. Now as a speak, the business that is sustaining everyone of us is that which cost less than 150k while the other one which cost over 600k is just there making little or nothing daily, though i have been the one running the Yabatech office while someone else runs the cafe. i chose to run the Yabatech office because since i opened up the place it has never performed below expectation.

Right now i wish to sell off about 4 out 8 of my desktop computers from the cafe because i have stopped cafe business since and converted the place to just a computer service centre where they only do what u want for u & not selling tickets for u to use and burn our fuel for over an hour for just N100.

My HP Printer 2200 Series has already developed problem so i've dumped it & bought an HP PSC 1200 Series which consumes less power.
My Tigmax 2900 Generator already bad due to bad Engr and i've sold it then bought a Tiger 950 which carries up 3 system without problem, The Tiger Gen is Original cos i went deep down the market to search it out and they sold it to me at N16,800 Last price.
The Networking aspect and subsequent Hardware & Software problem of this cafe has been taken care of by me cos am a system software and hardware Engr, God help u if u know nothing about Software Engineering, System Formatting, Windows & Application Installation & Upgrading of Certain Application to meet the trend as major Website will require current plugins and stuffs to be on your system before they can function well on your system.

I wish to sell the desktops with flat screen for N12,000 each and i will format, install and make sure all u want is installed on it before delivery.
Its a Dell system with 1.0GHz Speed, 40GB Hard Disk, 512MB Ram. The Ram can be upgraded to 1GB if u want at N1,000 extra charge.

See Picture of where am talking about

1 Like

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
It's been a while, Mr. jmoore.
How is life? How is your computer business, hope all is moving fine.
Like i stated earlier (in my thread), i would like to start a computer business center similar to yours, but the difference here is that i don't intend to attach a cyber cafe to it.
i intend to offer:
1. Scanning
2. Typing
3. Printing
4. Photocopying
5. Laminating
6. Spiral binding
7. Desinging (corel/photoshop)
8. Email
9. Result checking/ exam registration (jamb, waec, etc.)
10. Other internet services.
11. Architectural design(not now)

After much contemplation on this, here is a list of equipment/ gadgets i think will be ok for me:
1. DESKTOP(2nd hand)
2. U.P.S(new)
3. Scanner/printer (new, mini, 2 in 1)
4. Coloured Printer (new, for bulk printing)
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand)
6. Laminator (new)
7. Spiral binder
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time)
10. Any missing item not listed.
Please what is the price range for me to set up such, and what will be my profit margin. I stay in Imo.
Thanks.

Mods, please do something about this thread, move it to front page for people to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
@kaysy, please take a look at my post above.
1. How much do i need to startup mine, how much will each item cost?
2. What is the profit margin daily, weekly and monthly?
3. More advice please.

please visit this thread to help me more:
www.nairaland.com/2189030/setup-profitable-computer-business-centre#2189030.7
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
kenkwodoski:
It's been a while, Mr. jmoore.
How is life? How is your computer business, hope all is moving fine.
Like i stated earlier (in my thread), i would like to start a computer business center similar to yours, but the difference here is that i don't intend to attach a cyber cafe to it.
i intend to offer:
1. Scanning
2. Typing
3. Printing
4. Photocopying
5. Laminating
6. Spiral binding
7. Desinging (corel/photoshop)
8. Email
9. Result checking/ exam registration (jamb, waec, etc.)
10. Other internet services.
11. Architectural design(not now)

After much contemplation on this, here is a list of equipment/ gadgets i think will be ok for me:
1. DESKTOP(2nd hand)
2. U.P.S(new)
3. Scanner/printer (new, mini, 2 in 1)
4. Coloured Printer (new, for bulk printing)
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand)
6. Laminator (new)
7. Spiral binder
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time)
10. Any missing item not listed.
Please what is the price range for me to set up such, and what will be my profit margin. I stay in Imo.
Thanks.

Mods, please do something about this thread, move it to front page for people to learn.

Your list is okay. Let me do a price estimate for you

1- Desktop 2- (15,000-18,000 each)
2- UPS- 1200VA costs ₦15,500 while 1500V costs ₦18,000
3- Printer/Scanner- (3 in 1 ) ₦12,000
4- Colored printer (Some folks suggest laser jet should be used for black and white while deskjet/inkjet printers should be used for colored printing)
5- Photocopier - 40,000-45,000
6- laminator- 7,500
7- spiral binder? not sure of the price. I have not started that yet.
8- Thumb printer? No idea.
9- Generator- 45,000

That's all for now.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2015
jmoore:

Your list is okay. Let me do a price estimate for you

1- Desktop 2- (15,000-18,000 each)
2- UPS- 1200VA costs ₦15,500 while 1500V costs ₦18,000
3- Printer/Scanner- (3 in 1 ) ₦12,000
4- Colored printer (Some folks suggest laser jet should be used for black and white while deskjet/inkjet printers should be used for colored printing)
5- Photocopier - 40,000-45,000
6- laminator- 7,500
7- spiral binder? not sure of the price. I have not started that yet.
8- Thumb printer? No idea.
9- Generator- 45,000

That's all for now.

am very grateful bro. Thanks a lot..
From your price list, i guess #123,500 will be do, buh i need to have #150,000 to be on a comfortable side..
Don't you have idea on price of coloured printer, and hope the gen will power printer and photocopier at a time?

Thanks again.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by kaysy(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2015
kenkwodoski:
@kaysy, please take a look at my post above.
1. How much do i need to startup mine, how much will each item cost?
2. What is the profit margin daily, weekly and monthly?
3. More advice please.

please visit this thread to help me more:
www.nairaland.com/2189030/setup-profitable-computer-business-centre#2189030.7

Ok, let me just give u some of the prices i know of

1. DESKTOP(Tokunbo) = N17,000 or less with flat screen, keyboard & mouse
2. U.P.S(new) = N5,500
3. Scanner/printer (new, mini, 2 in 1) = N12,000 to N15,000
4. Coloured Printer (new, for bulk printing) (HP Color LaserJet Tokunbo) = N15,000 or thereabout
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand) = No idea of its price
6. Laminator (new) = No idea of its price
7. Spiral binder = No idea of its price
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg) = N20,000 or less (Note that you will need to Affiliate with a CBT Center to do this)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time) (Honda 5000 or 6000) = No idea of its price
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
kaysy:

Ok, let me just give u some of the prices i know of

1. DESKTOP(Tokunbo) = N17,000 or less with flat screen, keyboard & mouse
2. U.P.S(new) = N5,500
3. Scanner/printer (new, mini, 2 in 1) = N12,000 to N15,000
4. Coloured Printer (new, for bulk printing) (HP Color LaserJet Tokunbo) = N15,000 or thereabout
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand) = No idea of its price
6. Laminator (new) = No idea of its price
7. Spiral binder = No idea of its price
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg) = N20,000 or less (Note that you will need to Affiliate with a CBT Center to do this)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time) (Honda 5000 or 6000) = No idea of its price
thanks very much for the feedback bro...

Sorry for my late reply..

please throw more light on being an affiliate with a CBT center. Thanks
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
Original Digital Personal Finger Print Scanner for sale

Just used it for last JAMB Registration

Neat and working perfectly

Price: 10K

Call: 08060190510

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Whynot1: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2015
I'm almost ready to open my cyber cafe. The shop I've will contain about 20 computers, but I'll start with only 5 computers with the intention to expend later. Jmoore, Kaysy and others, please provide me with details of how I can go into the sales of exam scratch cards and online registration services. What is the process of obtaining the scratch cards? Before offering the online registrations, do I need to register with exam bodies like JAMB and WAEC and organisations like the Immigration and the Army? As for the computers, is it ok if I use thin clients instead of desktops? Kaysy warned everybody to stay away from cyber cafe business and he emphasized that business centre is the real deal. Please, what do you guys think of that? Is he right, or do you think he was not doing some right when he was running the cafe business?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by lordaustin(m): 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
@ Whynot1 you've got mail, reply ASAP or contact me on 08139717951. We need to talk.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Whynot1: 6:30am On Aug 15, 2015
@ Lordaustin, here it comes, loopindale@yahoo.com.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by segzeeboy: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2015
Well u all said well. However anybody who is interested in this buiz can contact me 4 details,pls serious minded pple alone. U dont need to have whole world b4 u start it. With 4 systems u can start it and be doing other related businesses that i will show u. I can help u set it up with a very very small fees no matter ur location as an ICT expert and u must ready to learn because i wont encourage u doing business that u dont have idea so that those experts/engineers in ur location will not be exploiting/cheating u. U can call08032469862 for details or mail bseitcomputer@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by cigwegbe(m): 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
Please is it better to setup a business center in the town or in a school environment?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by segzeeboy: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
cigwegbe:
Please is it better to setup a business center in the town or in a school environment?
both are u but u study d location 2 know d calibre of pple living there
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by hayzed1090: 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
jmoore:

With 250,000 Naira you can get 10 desktop computers (2ndhand).
Also have in mind to purchase UPS, generator.

I can supply you complete set of desktop computer, cpu , flat screen, keyboard, mouse and the cables for 17k. The configuration of the cpu will be minimum of pm,1gb ram and 80gb hdd.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Whynot1: 6:12am On Aug 28, 2015
Jmoore, Kaysy and others, I'm still waiting. I implore you guys to provide me with details of the following:

1. How to start online registration services.
2. How to obtain exam scratch cards.
3. Whether it's ok to use thin clients or desktops.
4. Whether I should open business centre instead of cyber cafe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car / Bringing Starbucks To Nigeria? What Do You Think? / Lagos Govt. Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.