Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) (89387 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Christianity is all about personal choice. Giving is a personal choice. When Jesus came, he didnt start his preaching on tithes and offerings and prosperity. His teachings were about salvation. Do not be deceived. Many Nigerian pastors have become greedy. No where in the bible was giving forced or tithing compulsory. It is good bu mandatory. Sometimes I wonder how they came about the calculation of 10percent.Some churches even do first fruit,seed offering etc with promises of prosperity. All I know is you dont need to bribe God.

3 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by TonYzeallY(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
i am well connectEd and am in dsame Grace...i Tap This outstandinG Grace!..God is a Nigerian
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
bobo65:
5 nigerian pastors in top 10 list

and the bible said, it is easier for a donkey to pass thru d eye of a needle than a rich man to get into heaven

im just watching from one angle

Who then, can make heaven? With God ALL things are possible!
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
severee:
. shocked so tb joshua is worth 15million dollars and he was bribing journalists with 50 thousand naira? I don talk am na alaroro go kill that man
make him catch you , you go see as you go fall for floor ... lols
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
EldaTimba:
you are getting me wrong. As a follower of christ, you should emulate christ. He is a priest, a representative and a "god". The bible called us god.
Back to the topic, when you are in the right standing with God/Christ I don't expect you to be poor. Jesus was never poor. Paul was not poor likewise Timothy.
Taking another man in the bible as a case study, Elisha. You remember the woman who made an apartment for him to stay and later got her prayers answered? Imagine if I build a house for Oyedepo. Most nigerians due to ignorance will call me a gullible nigerian.

Correction!Jesus was VERY poor
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
100Cents:

Winners chapel should be the most populous church in the world .

Each senior branch holding 3 services every Sunday. Do you know what that means ?
it is not by the number of services , some services are not full to the capacity ... some don't make up to half of the others ... its just for convenience mostly.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by ooshinibos: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Neldrizzy:

1) David Oyedepo. Net Worth: $150 million
2) Chris Oyakhilome. Net Worth: $50 million.
3) Benny Hinn. Net Worth: $48 million (US).
4) Creflo Dollar. Net Worth: $27 million (US).
5) Billy Graham. Net Worth: $25 million(US).
6) TD Jakes. Net Worth: $18 million (US).
7) TB Joshua. Net Worth: $15 million.
8 ) Matthew Ashimilowo. Net Worth: $10 million.
9) Chris Okotie. Net Worth: $10 million.
10) Joseph Prince. Net Worth: $5 million (Singapore)

http://www.richestlifestyle.com/top-10-richest-pastors-in-the-world/

You just wonder how the figures are collected , there is no way oyedepo will show them his account or assets
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by slowice(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
Well ...hard work pays, we don't care abt their story we jx criticize them for making money.
Money making is not sin...so everyone is free to hammer....weda you be pastor, imam or dangote grin ;Dme sef wan hammer so I nor fit yarn bad abt my fellow billionaires lol!! Soon una sef go begin criticize me on nl cool
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Ilekokonit: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World

Awodi jeun epe sanra. Getting fat on cursed money.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nwachiizu(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
Without Keneth Copland on the list the list is all wrong.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by sleinadczar: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
1. Bishop T. D Jakes: Bishop Jakes lives in a $1,700,000 mansion, he has been called America’s best preacher and has been featured on the cover of TIME magazine. He is a writer, preacher and movie producer. Thomas Dexter “T. D.” Jakes, Sr. is the bishop/chief pastor of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational American mega church, with 30,000 members, located in Dallas, Texas. T.D Jakes wears custom made suits and sports a diamond ring the size of a coin. This man of God has been endowed with a $150 million net worth.

2. Bishop David Oyedepo: Bishop David Oyedepo is a Nigerian Preacher, Christian Author, Founder and Presiding Bishop of Winners Chapel known as Living Faith Church World Wide. Has been hailed as the wealthiest preacher in Nigeria with a total net worth of $150 million and properties like 4 private jets and homes in the United States and England. After the foundation of the Living Faith Outreach Ministry in 1981, it has evolved to be one of the largest congregations in Africa and has a flourishing mission in Nairobi.

3. E A Adeboye: This messenger of God was listed in an African magazine, NEWSWEEK, as the most powerful man in Africa and one of the top 50 global power elites in 2008/2009, among others such as President Barack Obama and Nicolas Sarkozy. Pastor Adeboye heads the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), something he has done for the last 28years.Amongst his posessions are private jets.

4. Benny Hinn: Israeli televangelist,Toufik Benedictus “Benny” Hinn has an estimated net worth of $42 million. He is best known for his regular “Miracle Crusades” – revival meeting/faith healing summits that are usually held in large stadiums in major cities, which are later broadcast worldwide on his television program, “This Is Your Day”. Hinn was born on December 3, 1952.

5. Chris Oyakhilome: This is the man behind Believers’ Loveworld Ministries, a.k.a Christ Embassy.His church has an estimated net worth of $30 million – $50 million last year, the charismatic preacher was at the center of a $35 million money laundering case in which he was accused of siphoning funds from his church to foreign banks.

6. Creflo Dollar: American Bible teacher, pastor, and the founder of World Changers Church International, Creflo Dollar, has an estimated net worth of $27 million. As his name suggests, this preacher’s “manna” comes in form of the green buck.

7. Kenneth Copeland: He runs Kenneth Copeland Ministries, was one of several televangelists whose finances were investigated from 2007 to 2011 by Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa.

According to an article by the Associated Press that ran in 2008, “His ministry’s 1,500-acre campus, behind an iron gate a half-hour drive from Fort Worth includes a church, a private airstrip, a hangar for the ministry’s $17.5 million jet and other aircraft, and a $6 million church owned lakefront mansion.

The article later added that while Copeland has not released up-to-date salary statements, “the church disclosed in a property-tax exemption application that his wages were $364,577 in 1995; Copeland’s wife, Gloria, earned $292,593. It’s not clear whether those figures include other earnings, such as special offerings for guest preaching or book royalties.”

8. Billy Graham: American evangelical Christian evangelist, William Franklin “Billy” Graham, Jr., has a net worth of $25 million. The Southern Baptist evangelist rose to celebrity status as his sermons started getting broadcast on radio and television. Graham was born on a dairy farm near Charlotte, North Carolina in 1918, he has conducted many evangelistic crusades since 1948. He is now a world renowned televangelist raking in millions of dollars.

9. Matthew Ashimolowo: Ashimolowo, the owner of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) gets an annual income of $200,000. Having his humble beginnings as a priest in Foursquare Gospel Church, a Nigerian church that sent Ashimolowo to open a satellite branch in London. Pastor Matthew had other ideas and decided to set up his own church instead. Today, his Kingsway International Christian Center is reportedly the largest Pentecostal church in the whole of the United Kingdom.

10. Temitope Joshua: Synagogue Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) has an estimated net worth: $10 million – $15 million Nigeria’s most controversial clergyman is also one of its richest and most philanthropic. T.B Joshua heads the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a congregation he founded in 1987, which accommodates over 15,000 worshippers on Sundays.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
OgidiOlu3:
How do they make their money? Please dont tell me it's through books and audios o angry undecided

most of these pastors already have a plan for their church even before Nigeria gained independence. These people have survived almost more than 3 decades of hardwork and planning. Success is not a day's job.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Orikinla(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
The richest pastors in Nigeria are not on this list.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by 100Cents: 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tcharlx:
It can happen anywhere. The grace in the life of David Oyedepo is at work in my life... One of the mandates is to make His people rich.

Taa, gbafuo..
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by ooshinibos: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
12inches1:

read your bible and use your imagination as well , Jesus was not poor ( the bible did not say he was rich s well , but he had all his needs met ) , if he was poor , how could he have fed 12 able men . you feel me bruv
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
mployer:

What about the poor pastors?

Could it be their members don't pay tithe nor sow seeds?
when you hustle with hard work , it pays with time ... just as there are rich and poor engineers.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by EldaTimba(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
penny01502:
shut up, pope don't hold a dime of worshipers money nor a single property of his own, moreover Roman Catholic are devoted into charity and whatever they make are into charitable services. 99% of orphanage homes and rehablitation centers for the disable are own by catholic. Let me bring it to your mine that catholic schools are almost the cheapest among all the missionary schools of which 80% of the students are through scholarships irrespective of their christianity denomination or religous background. Roman Catholic is for our Lord Jesus Christ, and He is the founder and it does not belong to any individual who claim tithe and offering as it happen in the penticostal/protestants and others christianity denominations. No Roman Catholic prist ever heard of the issue of scaming/frauding or money laundry as in the other way round for prist of other christians denomination, Roman Catholic prist are not proud owners of private jet as it is compititve for other prist and pastors. So wheneve you wanna trow your weight about for christinity issue, please spare Roman Catholic and Its ordain prist.
Spare me that. I ave seen catholic priest mandating parishioners to pay fines for projects. Are u supposed to force members to pay?

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by ooshinibos: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Neldrizzy:

1) David Oyedepo. Net Worth: $150 million
2) Chris Oyakhilome. Net Worth: $50 million.
3) Benny Hinn. Net Worth: $48 million (US).
4) Creflo Dollar. Net Worth: $27 million (US).
5) Billy Graham. Net Worth: $25 million(US).
6) TD Jakes. Net Worth: $18 million (US).
7) TB Joshua. Net Worth: $15 million.
8 ) Matthew Ashimilowo. Net Worth: $10 million.
9) Chris Okotie. Net Worth: $10 million.
10) Joseph Prince. Net Worth: $5 million (Singapore)

http://www.richestlifestyle.com/top-10-richest-pastors-in-the-world/

Am shock we dont have billionaires among them , we have a lot to do brothers and sisters , we are not rich enough , unbelievers have more money than us .... we need this transfer of wealth to happen soon ..so the gospel can be preached all over

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by vodkat: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
iceberylin:
ÁŃĎ ĴĔŚÚŚ ŃĔVĔŔ ĤÁĎ Á ĤŐŔŚĔ undecided

he asked for a donkey but if na today pastors na 10 horses and carriage they will rather use. Shows u that theya re not following
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by EldaTimba(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
12inches1:

where was it written in the bible?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by bolinchin: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
dridowu:
partial scamming innocent followers of their hard earned money all in the name of " i want to make heaven" and the gullible followers are mostly poorer than church rat and they will still be shouting " touch not my anointed"
Scamming my foot! have you ever worshipped in any winners chapel branch before? with many state of the art wonder wheels parked in the church garage, those people are obviously not poor
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
dridowu:
yep, it does not change anything but the constant truth will always be those followers will still be poorer like church rat while those "semi-man of god" will be living like a king at the expense of the "gullible followers"
do you think the poor you really mean are reading this .... I hope you understand what poverty is really ... these men of God arent reading this either.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Politicians also don't carry guns.
but they can turn figures and divert funds .... do these men do these?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by RebelLeader15(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
The Only difference between poliTHIEFcian Oyedepo and Nigerian PoliTHIEFcians is that, Oyedepo extort from the public using the bible as weapon while Polithiefcians loot from the people treasury
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Theblessed(f): 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
[size=16pt]How marvelous - their God and role model Jesus Christ of Nazareth was poor on earth and these two are richest on earth - what a contrast!

Even most of their Church members are also, very poor and struggling to make ends meet!

How wonderful, the Kingdom of God is for the rich and the richest, how wonderful! shocked shocked undecided
[/size]
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Paulv:
100cent u are mistaken oo who tell u say winner chapel get member rish rccg,you better go ask wel wel,no church get member rish rccg all over the world.
it is not by church members but by the visibility of results in the life of their members ,..... am not saying one has got more results than the other .... but population of members of a church shouldnt be a debate amongst christains ... we are one body in christ.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by sanyablaze(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Lol

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by skyeboy98(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
3coins:
downgraded figures. . . So Pastor Adeboye does not have up to 5million $?
does that really matter or does it assure them of heaven?

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
piagetskinner:
I hope these preachers are still as focused as they once were, when they answered the call of God upon their lives,because al these tens of millions that I'm seeing..hmm...

I'm not saying being wealthy is wrong o...but when the needs of the members are not duly attended to,then what's the use of having this fluenty money??

there are thousands of missionaries scattered allover the world,who are being Exposed to all sorts of conditions,ranging from persecution,to terrible natural/climatic conditions to even financial constraints

#my question is how have they fostered the spread of the gospel, of our lord Jesus christ with their weALTH?
majority of these churches are fostering the spread of the gospel , you can check on the agenda of the redeem ,christ embassy does that thru rhapsody or so , and lots more ... some of these churches give to unbelievers to save them atimes ..... if the church starts to dish out money , even ifa priest will come claiming he is a church member ... if one is a recognised member of some of these churches and less privileged , they do organize welfare packages .
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by 3coins(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
skyeboy98:
does that really matter or does it assure them of heaven?
we are talking about money here. . . Not heaven
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Gabson91(m): 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
I wonder why everyone here is going bitter over their riches, these are kingdom principles, you make God's business yours, and He makes yours His. This men have paid their dues, i bet non of you even remember to fast not to talk of praying fervently. Be inspired and not Hating on them.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
EldaTimba:

Are you serious? Did u know Jesus had a treasurer?
And Jesus never turned down the woman who sprayed him with expensive perfume. Imagine if I buy the most expensive perfume and I use it on Oyedepo. You all will castigate me not knowing it was done in the bible.
oyedepo is not jesus ... we all aim to be like jesus . times have changed ... the perfume is synonymous with praise these days ... if you choose to praise him no one will condemn...... your spray could mean something else to people these days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Pastor Oyedepo Opens His Mega Real Estate Housing Project (Photos) / GCK Daily 483 || God Can Do Anything || Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.