Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart (1221 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / The Future Is Here; See The Specs Of The Phone That Is Stronger Than Steel / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by vowiski(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2014
http://www.techrez.com/2014/10/samsung-scared-mobile-future.html

Nokia survived a decade and one year, but it appears Samsung might not be able to survive another 5-years..

It is no longer business as usual for the South Korean major, the once dominant market-share it held in the mobile markets has dropped sharply. Worse still, Samsung has announced its profits for the third-quarter would decrease by about 60% and sales equally falling by 20% in comparison to the same period last year.

What could have caused this sudden fall in revenue and profits and why should Samsung be scared about its future? You would recall, that few weeks ago, the leading mobile vendor released a statement announcing the shutdown of its PC business in Europe. Barely eight-months after Sony, who is currently in red sold-off its PC business to Japan Industrial Partners Inc.

With the events happening in the mobile community, Samsung would be facing an uphill task to remain relevant in business.

Samsung Galaxy S5 didn’t have the spark commensurate with all the hype and buzz that surrounded it. Trends like this shows that the brand which usually commanded unconditional mass appeal from users, may have lost its charm.

Industry experts blame the strong sales of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus for Samsung’s plummeted revenue. But that’s clearly not the case; Samsung has been experiencing decline in overall market share, even before the announcement of Apple’s flagship devices.

mobile market share by idc

In the second quarter of 2013, Samsung accounted for 32% of global smartphone sales [IDC] and by the same time this year, that figure fell by 25%. Could the decline have been caused by Apple alone? Certainly not!
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by Mention(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2014
I hear
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by jukiles: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Checkout these affordable Samsung phones . Click here to see their pictures, specifications and prices. Pay on delivery.
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by DAVE5(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
a lot of smartphone makers are now bringing new tinz (innovations) into the market, google also has a hand indirectly in this, every tom, d!kk and harry can now produce anytin, port the latest android os into the thing and call it a smartphone... what do we expect when cheap fones now flood the market wit almost the same capabilities as those high end smartphones...

thanks to likes of OPO,Meizu,tecno, injoo and all the rest i cant remember....

Me sef go soon come out with my own brand
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
DAVE5:
a lot of smartphone makers are now bringing new tinz (innovations) into the market, google also has a hand indirectly in this, every tom, d!kk and harry can now produce anytin, port the latest android os into the thing and call it a smartphone... what do we expect when cheap fones now flood the market wit almost the same capabilities as those high end smartphones...

thanks to likes of OPO,Meizu,tecno, injoo and all the rest i cant remember....

Me sef go soon come out with my own brand
you're right but why do you think blackberry fell
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by martineverest(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
huawei,lenovo,xiaomi,micromaxx and iphone are the cause.......indian,chinese and american oem
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by DAVE5(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
asuustrike1:

you're right but why do you think blackberry fell

IMO bb was over hyped by 9ja and after a while when ios and android brought some "game changers" people now realized there was more to a phone than just pinging and unlimited browsing hence, its fall.. Like i said its just my own opinion...

iphone brings superb gaming experience like no other and android with some superb customization, gaming and innovation

#teamiphone+android = best of both worlds
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by HOMOTOYOSI10: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
All hail tecno

1 Like

Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by xtervaganza(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
Samsung mobile future is very bright

You should be bothered about your own future, samsung.
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by timilehing(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
DonCrust:
Tecno don spoil market!
Chinko vs Koreans
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by enobong18: 6:01am On Oct 09, 2014
This post made me realize that Nokia is smarter than samsung. I felt the were foolish to go fully for windows
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by vowiski(m): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2014
enobong18:
This post made me realize that Nokia is smarter than samsung. I felt the were foolish to go fully for windows

People are getting tired of Android already... Windows still have some guns left.. I expect great things from the next unified windows OS
Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by martineverest(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Nokia made the rite decision....its sad dat when lumia becomes one of the most sought after fone,it wont be nokia branded.i hope microsoft learn from samsung,they should restrict the number of oem just as pc and embrace quality oem only
vowiski:

People are getting tired of Android already... Windows still have some guns left.. I expect great things from the next unified windows OS

1 Like

Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by martineverest(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2014
vowiski:

Re: Samsung’s Mobile Future Is Falling Apart by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2014
Nokia made the rite decision....its sad dat when lumia becomes one of the most sought after fone,it wont be nokia branded.i hope microsoft learn from samsung,they should restrict the number of oem just as pc and embrace quality oem only
vowiski:

(1) (Reply)

Airtel One Sim, Is It 2k Or 12k For 2 Registered Numbers / Any Voice Changer App For Androids / How Blackberry Intends Forcing All Users Into A BBM Subscription Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.