Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo (31859 Views)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits / Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ammanison(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2014
A federal high court has ordered the swearing in of former deputy governor of Adamawa State bala Ngilari and has told INEC not to conduct the bye élection earlier Scheduled for Saturday.
http://www.punchng.com/news/court-delivering-judgment-in-ex-adamawa-dep-govs-suit-by-election/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Mynd44: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2014
A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered that the former Deputy Governor of Adamawa State, Mr. Bala Ngilari, be sworn in as the governor of the state.

The court ruled that the purported resignation of Ngilari on July 14, 2014 was invalid, null and void as it breached the provisions of sections 306(1), (2) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution because it was addressed to the Speaker and acted upon by the House of Assembly.

Ngilari, erstwhile deputy to removed Governor Murtala Nyako had filed a suit before the Federal High Court in Abuja, seeking an order compelling his swearing in as the governor of the state.

He had asked the court to declare his resignation letter dated July 14, 2014 and addressed to the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, as illegal, null and void.In his suit, marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/545/14, the plaintiff argued that his resignation letter was in breach of the provisions of sections 306(1), (2) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution because it was addressed to the Speaker and acted upon by the House of Assembly.

Justice Adeniyi Ademola, while delivering his judgment, ruled that Ngilari’s letter was written at a time when Nyako had not been removed, thus implying that the letter ought to have gone through Nyako as then governor, which it did not, thus rendering the resignation null and void.

He therefore ruled that Ngilari be sworn in as the substantive governor of the state.

The judgment implies that the bye-election slated for Saturday by INEC, has been stopped

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Mynd44: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2014
We are clowns I swear grintongue

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Beehshorp(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2014
who d cap fits let him wear it. Adon tire for naija. politics

6 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ayusco85(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2014
ammanison:
A federal high court has ordered the swearing in of former deputy governor of Adamawa State bala Ngilari and has told INEC not to conduct the bye élection earlier Scheduled for Saturday.
http://www.punchng.com/news/court-delivering-judgment-in-ex-adamawa-dep-govs-suit-by-election/

OK.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by igbsam(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Nigerian Politics. Messy! e no kuku concern me.

Its high time they bring in Ayilala, Sango, Ahmadioha, Ogun, Sopono and the likes to use in swearing in this politicians. Let's see if fear no go grip their balls.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Ekowise(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2014
OMG

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by gratiaeo(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Nigeria politics sha..

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by bigwallace(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Wetin be my own!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by sirjohnson(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
This news is incomplete...Read the full news of the swearing in HERE

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by kolomax(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Codedrock(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
What the hell.. A news wahala to start in days...

SEE THE JOKE BELOW

AKPORS: Hello dear
GIRL: Happy Independence.
AKPORS: Same to you dear
GIRL: So where is my independence gift?
AKPORS: Haba! Big girl like you asking for independence gift?
GIRL: Abeg oo. Akpors am not a big girl oo. You want to deny me independence gift abi?
(I left quickly to buy a N500 recharge card and sent the PIN via inbox.)
AKPORS: Dear, manage this please.
GIRL: Noo please! I was only joking. I will not take that.
AKPORS: Please please.
GIRL: I refuse. I can’t take anything from you.
(I quickly loaded the card and transferred it into her phone.)
GIRL: You think you are smart eh?
(A minute later, I heard an alert on my phone: ”N1000 has been transferred to you from her no)
AKPORS: What’s the meaning of that?
HER: I told you not to send me anything.
(this girl wan show me big girl abi? I used my last N2000 to buy another recharge card, loaded it, making N3000 and sent it to her. Some minutes later, an alert came in: ‘N6000 has been transferred to you from her no)
Chaiii! This girl wan try Akpors? And I didn’t have any money again. I called my friend and borrowed the N6000 he was keeping for his landlord. I told him I would be expecting N24,000 in the next 5minutes and I will pay him back I quickly bought a recharge card worth N6000 to add to the previous N6000 making it N12,000. I sent it to her and kept my phone close to my ear expecting an alert.
Ten minutes later, instead of an airtime transfer alert, it was a call from her:
Me: Hello dear, just called to thank you for the independence gift. We’ll chat later.

Akpors fainted....................

CLICK HERE FOR MORE JOKES LIKE THIS TODAY

give me some likes..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by babatgtr: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
Niger wif there dubious character, hmmmmm
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by hazyfm: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
REALLY??
ADJUSTING SEAT
[size=18pt]THIS IS BECOMING INTERESTING
LAUGHING IN MUSA'S VOICE[/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ashson: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
They want to use him, they think Adamawa people are cows. Ngilari is a betrayer

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by tempest01(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
politics....all arms of government should not be influenced by each other, only then will we be getting judgement like this

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Babyboy1986(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Money must have passed through hands,'Naija' I hail thee. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some of the things we Nigerians do baffles the devil at times. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lyk the one in this pics cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by BBQ5: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
My God! Can things get even weirder?
He got reinstated on a technicality. I however don't see how he's safe from experiencing the same fate that befell his former oga as the house still comprises of the same set of members. Waiting to see what he has up his sleeves though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by olayincar(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Power from the Top...
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Meringe(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
wonderful. smart guy!

16 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nlmadfreak: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2014
Wahala dey! I smell the feds involvement in this............................

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by kennosklint(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2014
Nonsense
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by saintdeby(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2014
jona go cry hehehehe. I laugh in swahili

8 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by masciv: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2014
Rigging as usual.Isn't it?
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Geenet: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2014
National Battle

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by datguru: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2014
FRAUD ALERT. This land belongs to the family of Chief Paul Amadi, beware of 419

Back to topic, I'm not surprised at all

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by texazzpete(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2014
Lol! Later PDP will accuse other parties of 'heating up the polity'.
This will be a record THREE Governors in a calendar year. Na wa

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by DaVinChiSam(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2014
confused people

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega / Tinubu, Bisi Akande Visit President Buhari - Photos / Major Simi Johnson Ikea Dies After Suffering From Kidney Problem. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.