Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo (31856 Views)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits / Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
experimentist:
So now which party controls the state?
Only the new Governor can decide.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by funshint(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Omimah:

The state this judgenent puts everybody looks unclear. Ngilari was a member of APC for the short period he was acting governor. He won the PDP ticket for the election that was supposed to hold this month.
Stop confusing yourself Ngilari was never an acting governor. He resigned while he was still deputy even b4 his boss impeachment process was concluded. And he was never a member of APC because he didn't follow his boss there when he moved. And to those saying he would move to APC now, U̶̲̥̅̊ better stop daydreaming. That man is not ready to start anoda drama. Better to just be at peace with the devil!
P.S:- thank God we still have judges who will stand for the truth no matter what. *Justice Ayo Salami on my mind
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by aumeehn: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
nerodenero:
There is fire on the mountain and I guess PDP will be running in that state.Kudos to the Judiciary.Wish this can continue where justice and equity will be served at all levels in the country
slowpoke!! born of prostitute!!!!!
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by salbis(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Meringe:
wonderful. smart guy!
You are right. One should never underestimate the power of brain. Congratulation Barrister Bala J. Ngilari.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
MrALIVE:
Intelligent political scientists like me knows that Ngilari will speedily defect to APC.do you guys expect him to remain in PDP after the unfair treatment meted out on him?
See this one. The moment he decamps to APC he will be impeached just as Nyako who decamped from PDP to APC. Majority of the Adamawa state house of assembly are PDP members and can't stand an APC governor.
What's the need for decamping anyway? Another guber election is by the corner in 2015.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by emmatok(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Now I see why FAYOSE is afraid of the courts.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by experimentist: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Only the new Governor can decide.
Ok.. He shld stay at APC so we can have more dramas
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by fkaz(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
agabusta:

Are you sure about that? Nyako played a key role in the case that enabled the deputy to win as someone stated earlier.

Yes, it was even reported on vanguard newspaper today, before the judgement.

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor
Anxiety last night gripped political stakeholders in Adamawa State ahead of today’s judgment in the suit instituted by the former deputy governor of the state, Mr. Bala Ngilari challenging his removal from office.
The judgment in the suit is to be delivered by Justice Ademola Adeniyi today a development that was last night causing quivers in the state given the demand by Ngilari that he should be installed as governor, given his claim that he was improperly passed over for the position.
In his claim articulated before Justice Adeniyi by his lawyer, Mr. Festus Keyamo, Ngilari had submitted that by virtue of section 191 (1) of the 1999 Constitution that after the impeachment of Governor Murtala Nyako, that he, Ngilari being the next in the line of succession should have been inaugurated as governor.
The former deputy governor further deposed that the assertion that he resigned his position as deputy governor was untenable given the claim by the House of Assembly that he, Ngilari resigned in a letter addressed to the speaker of the House of Assembly.
.Ngilari had relied on section 306 (1), (2) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), that his resignation from office as deputy governor could only be addressed to the substantive governor at that time who he claimed was Nyako.
Nyako, in his submission to the court had also claimed that he did not accept the purported resignation of Ngilari as deputy governor.

Murtala is the prime witness in this case, if he choose not give his own submission, the deputy will lose this case.
Nyanko is coming back
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ahizih(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
I can now start wondering the duties and functions of they so called political party legal advisers,seems the are also dumb like their fellow party members who are in power,by failing to see this coming i hereby assumed that all they legal advisers to they various political parties doesn't know their duties and are also charge and bail lawyers! Naija polithievcians are all made in aba

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
experimentist:
So now which party controls the state?
Hahaha. It is still PDP. Nyako and his Deputy were PDP members, Nyako decamped to APC, his deputy remained in PDP. He later resigned minutes before Nyako was impeached, but his resignation letter addressed to Gov Nyako was not signed by Gov Nyako before Nyako left office. The law is that when aGovernor or President dies/is impeached, deputy takes over. Now the deputy is back, claiming in court that Nyako did not sign the resignation letter addressed to him before being impeached. So therefore since the resignation letter was not signed, he is still the deputy governor, court declared his resignation letter null and void, and as the tradition that deputy unsits his boss, The deputy is now proclaimed the Governor by the supreme court of law.

That guy is a master strategist. He is a PDP member. So PDP member is now the Governor of Adamawa state. No more by-election till 2015.

Peeee Deeeee Peeeeegringringringrin

Master strategists, badoos, master planners, I hail unagrin.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by eleko1: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
What is important being on Fp?Check well,nah 2nd page U dey self.Try ur luck next time
ammanison:
Hurray!Hurray!!Hurray!!!
After 5 years on Nairaland,I finally made front page today with a very exciting and important news.wow today is my second birthday.I pray Governor Bala Ngilari will call me after 1 week of his inauguration to thank me for spreading the good news
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
What a nation..am out n thats for good..
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MrALIVE: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Vessi:

See this one. The moment he decamps to APC he will be impeached just as Nyako who decamped from PDP to APC. Majority of the Adamawa state house of assembly are PDP members and can't stand an APC governor.
What's the need for decamping anyway? Another guber election is by the corner in 2015.
why didn't the Nasarawa assembly members succeed in impeaching al-makura! As long as d governor is clean,nobody can impeach him! Get that!
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by agabusta: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
fkaz:

Yes, it was even reported on vanguard newspaper today, before the judgement.

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor
Anxiety last night gripped political stakeholders in Adamawa State ahead of today’s judgment in the suit instituted by the former deputy governor of the state, Mr. Bala Ngilari challenging his removal from office.
The judgment in the suit is to be delivered by Justice Ademola Adeniyi today a development that was last night causing quivers in the state given the demand by Ngilari that he should be installed as governor, given his claim that he was improperly passed over for the position.
In his claim articulated before Justice Adeniyi by his lawyer, Mr. Festus Keyamo, Ngilari had submitted that by virtue of section 191 (1) of the 1999 Constitution that after the impeachment of Governor Murtala Nyako, that he, Ngilari being the next in the line of succession should have been inaugurated as governor.
The former deputy governor further deposed that the assertion that he resigned his position as deputy governor was untenable given the claim by the House of Assembly that he, Ngilari resigned in a letter addressed to the speaker of the House of Assembly.
.Ngilari had relied on section 306 (1), (2) and (5) of the 1999 Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), that his resignation from office as deputy governor could only be addressed to the substantive governor at that time who he claimed was Nyako.
Nyako, in his submission to the court had also claimed that he did not accept the purported resignation of Ngilari as deputy governor.

Murtala is the prime witness in this case, if he choose not give his own submission, the deputy will lose this case.
Nyanko is coming back

I wasn't referring to you. I was referencing you to the other guy.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MrALIVE: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
Vessi:

Hahaha. It is still PDP. Nyako and his Deputy were PDP members, Nyako decamped to APC, his deputy remained in PDP. He later resigned minutes before Nyako was impeached, but his resignation letter addressed to Gov Nyako was not signed by Gov Nyako before Nyako left office. The law is that when aGovernor or President dies/is impeached, deputy takes over. Now the deputy is back, claiming in court that Nyako did not sign the resignation letter addressed to him before being impeached. So therefore since the resignation letter was not signed, he is still the deputy governor, court declared his resignation letter null and void, and as the tradition that deputy unsits his boss, The deputy is now proclaimed the Governor by the supreme court of law.

That guy is a master strategist. He is a PDP member. So PDP member is now the Governor of Adamawa state. No more by-election till 2015.

why was he treated badly by PDP and why was he forced to resign by the same PDP! So if u are in his shoe,will u remain in PDP?
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by emperorlog: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
How soon is he to be reinstated? The present acting governor and his camp will appeal the case I guess... leading to anoda episode of drama...let's wait and see what happens in the next 48 hours....

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by RebelLeader15(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

See dem, dem kome in different shapes & sizes!
undecided

O ye bookers of space, what art thou gainest 4rm all diz cancorum, ehn? grin
ehhnn ehnnn issorite

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by funshint(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
MrALIVE:
why didn't the Nasarawa assembly members succeed in impeaching al-makura! As long as d governor is clean,nobody can impeach him! Get that!
The only thing that saved Al-makura was his fraternity with the Chief Judge of the state...
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by delaw6(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ha ha ha ha ha I don hear. Whatz. Next?

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
What a smart guy and smart Judgement. That Speaker can now resume his speakership position. Fintiri can never be governor again!!! Also, the Dep (Now Governor) will seek reelection and pdp wll give him the ticket grin
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
texazzpete:
Lol! QqqLater PDP will accuse other parties of 'heating up the polity'.
This will be a record THREE Governors in a cqalendar year. Na wa
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by experimentist: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Vessi:

Hey, hold up.. Don't rush to conclusion.. More drama is yet unfold.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by vynzecent(m): 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Interesting thing
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ammanison(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
eleko1:
What is important being on Fp?Check well,nah 2nd page U dey self.Try ur luck next time
I mean I am the OP,my post made front page,I wonder while some pple don't understand simple English

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by gozie186(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Wow dis is d beauty of democracy where d judiciary cn add colour to it.Ìs gud to knw d constitution vry well and fight 4 ur right.Good judgement 4rm d judiciary.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by deletrue: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mynd44:
We are clowns I swear grintongue
Clown is damn too good to describe Nigerians. Story: a man walked up to God, asked him why did He provide every resources, including human and oil to Nigerians and gave just few to other countries. Why? God then replied the man that he should forget Nigerians, that they are the most confused people in existence. That the people are without positive side, that those resources are just there. They cannot be put to any judicious use. So, how on earth can one say we are not clowns?
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by MrALIVE: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
funshint:

The only thing that saved Al-makura was his fraternity with the Chief Judge of the state...
i disagree with u bro! They do not hv tangible evidence to nail him! Don't 4get that al -makura defended himself b4 the panel
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by major466(m): 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
angry
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by ekhai(m): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
The story is that PDP wants to deal with acting Governor for refusing their directive not contest the party primary Or the hand writing is clear that PDP was going to loose the election hence using the court to retain power in Adamawa state. My opinion.
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
MrALIVE:
why was he treated badly by PDP and why was he forced to resign by the same PDP! So if u are in his shoe,will u remain in PDP?
He has no choice, he just has so lick his sore wounds and reconcile with his state PDP members and federal level. If he decides to go rogue, the state house of assembly will give him same treatment meted out to the erstwhile Governor Nyako.grin
Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by Ilaje44(m): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
igbsam:
Nigerian Politics. Messy! e no kuku concern me.

Its high time they bring in Ayilala, Sango, Ahmadioha, Ogun, Sopono and the likes to use in swearing in this politicians. Let's see if fear no go grip their balls.

There's nothing like ayilala. What we have is Aiyelala. Don't bastardize Ilaje word.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo by wittytezzy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
"With this development Nuhu Ribadu, Bub Marwa et al LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THAT AGREEMENT WE HD IS NO MORE IN PLACE O" Finitiri declares...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Videos Of Bola Tinubu Telling APC Members To Vote Their Choice In Lagos / Photos From PDP Campaign Rally In Gombe State (video) / Nigerians In London Protest Over Imo Verdict, Demand Tanko's Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.