Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

An App You Need - Talemap - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / An App You Need - Talemap (1256 Views)

Need An App Designer Asap !!! / Building An App That Lets Users Locate A Power Source Nearest To Them. / Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2014
I want to introduce talemap, a location sharing and managing app. Location sharing apps are blowing up world wide just like chat apps did a while back but I have not seen any in Nigeria so I want to introduce one made by Nigerians and I know it can stand against any out there. Most people don't see the use for location sharing app but it's very useful and that's why it is becoming so popular. Ours offer so many functions and I'm going to highlight some of its uses in this thread to you can see how to apply it. It's available in play store and it's less than 2mb for data conscious users. The download link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talemap.android
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2014
I'm going to give few examples of how you can use talemap.

*A friend is supposed to meet you but due your busy schedule you can't stay at a place and wait, instead of calling everytime you move, you can just use Meet-up in the app and you both see each others position till you are in the same place

*Your wedding or party is coming up and it is in a difficult to describe place, you can just share the location and your friends and family can see the address whether they are on talemap or not

*You want to make recommendations like good restaurants and hotels for someone new in town and you can't meet up just share the location and the person uses Google maps to navigate

*To track your package you bought online from maybe supermart or konga, that's if they adopt it.

*Reduce worrying, if your child or loved one is traveling or visiting a new place, you can practically be with him/her on the journey, cool ha?

*Builds trust, if your spouse or loved one says he/she is in a place or going to a place and for reasons best known to you, you don't believe just ask him/her to share location. The app never lies and can't be tweaked. Let this reason not discourage some please, honesty is the best policy wink
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2014
More...

*My personal favorite, if you don't go out a lot or you're new in town and someone takes you to an unknown location and you want to know where you are and you don't want to look like a novice or learner, just put on your gps(for speed and accuracy) then put on the app for a while, go to your profile page and you will see where you are ie the address. It works faster outdoors

*The app gives eta(estimated time of arrival) based on the current travel history. If someone is sharing with you so if you're waiting and the person says he'll be there in 30 min, well you can check and confirm, it might actually be 2 hrs

*You can choose to 'show your location' to everyone which can either show the country, state or city you're in depending on you. So if you travel, friends in that place can see you are in town and decide to hang. Note this feature is turned off by default for privacy reasons

All these and lots more can be achieved with talemap so head to play store and download, you can share and send to those in talemap or not in talemap. For those not in talemap they receive this information through text at no cost to sender or receiver, cool ha?
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by asalimpo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
nice. How much izit?
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
asalimpo:
nice. How much izit?
It's free

1 Like

Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
More comments and reviews please
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by asalimpo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
You, said,you decided to introduce one to nigeria. Any 9jacentrc feature to ur app?
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
Yh, works with sms for those without internet or internet enable phones
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by asalimpo(m): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
i hav a java phone. Tht means i can use it with sms. But sms cost makes it unattractive-to most users. How do i get going then-on my java phone. Website?tutorials?
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by asalimpo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
my last q was sincere but ur customer care sucks. Work on it.

1 Like

Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
@ zarama7 Just try to improve on your UI, get resources from android-arsenal.com

1 Like

Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
asalimpo:
my last q was sincere but ur customer care sucks. Work on it.
You can only receive shared locations with java phone at no cost but u can't share yours
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
malikmoreni:
@ zarama7 Just try to improve on your UI, get resources from android-arsenal.com
The app was made to look very simple but thanks

1 Like

Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
Zarama7:

The app was made to look very simple but thanks

Trust me, I have the experience, just work on it, and talemap'll be the next foursquare.
Re: An App You Need - Talemap by Zarama7(f): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2014
malikmoreni:

Trust me, I have the experience, just work on it, and talemap'll be the next foursquare.
Ok, thanks. I'll look into that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Women Are Better Coders Than Men. / C's And C++ Base / Please Who Can Build A Nairaland Like Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.