Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Didactic Lessons From The Death Of Alexander The Great - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Didactic Lessons From The Death Of Alexander The Great (832 Views)

The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Didactic Lessons From The Death Of Alexander The Great by comsoy(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2014
As human beings, we see life in different light. Some see it as a major place where we exhaust all there is about the meaning of our existence. Others believe it's a closed book whose content will forever elude the reader, regardless of his level of intellect. Matter-of-factly, this is an endless process of the definition of the self, of the essence of the entire condition of life that makes us to always wonder why we really cannot define the things that happen to us.

My friend, Momoh, simply narrates these wonderful lessons as taught by Alexander the Great below:

The last wishes of Alexander the Great.........

On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:

1. The best doctors should carry his coffin ...

2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery ...

3. His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see !!

One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain .

Here is what Alexander the Great had to say :

1. "I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death , even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal .."

2. "I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth , will stay on earth.."

3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is : TIME.

We do not take to our grave any material wealth. TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.

When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back . Our time is our life !

The best present that you can give to your family and friends is your TIME.

May God grant YOU plenty of TIME, to share with all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iftaar 2018: What Do You Break Your Fast With / Arab Land Will Return To Pastures And River. Science Confirmed Prophet Muhammad / Lies, We Have Been Lied To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.