Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) (3003 Views)

Is Trinity Real / We Were Created By Extraterrestrial Beings. / Is Trinity Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Who was God talking to..... During God's great work of creation, many faith's record that God Almighty used the plural word "US".
In Genesis 1:26 God says "Let us
make man in our image, after our likeness.
What does God mean when he says "us"? Let us make
man in our image. Who is "us"?
Was He speaking to angels or other heavenly beings?
Was He speaking to Himself?
Why is the plural employed in this passage?

First, let's read the passage:
GEN 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in
Our image, according to Our likeness; and let
them rule over the fish of the sea and over the
birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all
the earth, and over every creeping thing that
creeps on the earth."
GEN 1:27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Now, to whom is God speaking? Some have said that He is
speaking to angels or some other heavenly beings in His presence. The problem here is, why does He say that He would create man in "our" image? Then, in verse 27, it says that we are created in God's image.

We are unique because, unlike all of God's creation, we have been made in His image, not the image of angels, animals or any other beings. We have a kinship directly related to God. We possess spiritual characteristics that allow us to be aware of ourselves, make conscious decisions and have dominion over the animals and earth. No, God was not speaking to angels or any other created heavenly beings.

Was God speaking to Himself? If He was, then why did the writer use the plural instead of the singular? Certainly, in most every instance where one is talking to himself, there is no need for the
plural.
The obvious, but to some degree, hard to grasp answer is, God is speaking to others who possess the qualities of God. That is, He is speaking to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. There are three that
have the attributes of Deity, possess the Divine Nature.

1 John 5:7-8 - "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one".
They agree as one in purpose and action, but they are three
distinct beings who play different roles in the Divine work of
creation and salvation. Some other passages in Genesis help us understand that there is more than one being who is God.

GEN 3:22 ¶ Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the
man has become like one of Us, knowing good
and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand,
and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and
live forever"
GEN 3:23 therefore the Lord God sent him out
from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground
from which he was taken.
GEN 3:24 So He drove the man out; and at the
east of the garden of Eden He stationed the
cherubim, and the flaming sword which turned
every direction, to guard the way to the tree of
life.
GEN 11:6 And the Lord said, "Behold, they are
one people, and they all have the same
language. And this is what they began to do, and
now nothing which they purpose to do will be
impossible for them.
GEN 11:7 "Come, let Us go down and there
confuse their language, that they may not
understand one another's speech."
GEN 11:8 So the Lord scattered them abroad
from there over the face of the whole earth; and
they stopped building the city.

Then, in the New Testament, the picturebecomes even clearer as all THREE are clearly identified in various passages. Just as man and woman are two distinct beings who possesses the image of God, so there are three distinct beings that possess the Divine qualities that make them God.

MAT 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to
them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me
in heaven and on earth.
MAT 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of
all the nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
MAT 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I
commanded you; and lo, I am with you always,
even to the end of the age. "

Jesus (God the son) addresses satan In Matthew 4:7 - Jesus
said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Thomas addresses Jesus in John 20:28 - And Thomas
answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily,
I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
1 Corinthians 8:6 - But to us [there is but] one
God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and
we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom
[are] all things, and we by him.
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and
the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and
dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the
glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full
of grace and truth.
Matthew 3:17 - And lo a voice from heaven,
saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am
well pleased.
Acts 5:3-4 - But Peter said, Ananias, why hath
Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost,
and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?
Just as "a man will leave his father and
mother and be united to his wife, and the two
will become one flesh." so they are no longer two,
but one flesh.Eph 5:31

Just as man was created in the image of God, man is likewise a
trinity. He has a spiritual nature that is separate and distinct from the body in which it dwells. The two following passages from the Bible clearly establish the fact that man is a triune being composed of spirit, soul, and body:

I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body
be preserved blameless unto the coming of our
Lord Jesus Christ ( 1 Thessalonians 5:23).
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and
sharper than any two edged sword, piercing
even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow (body), and is a
discerner of the thoughts and intents of the
heart ( Hebrews 4:12).

So is The trinity of man is an essential part of the image relationship between him and God. Life is not ultimately physical and the body is not the whole man. And we might add that neither the body in itself, nor the soul in itself, nor the spirit in itself makes up the whole man, but he is “spirit and soul and body.” This must be seriously considered and definitely agreed to before we can comprehend with any accuracy the subject
of life after death.

Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt
thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;
for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art],
and unto dust shalt thou return.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to
the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return
unto God who gave it.

God created Man in His own image

2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord
Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the
communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Ajibam: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
The topic is confusing or are you the one confused?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2014
Ajibam:
The topic is confusing or are you the one confused?
how is it confusing sir?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Ajibam: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2014
winner01:
how is it confusing sir?
How is man a trinity?
How can a man be trinity?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Ajibam:

How is man a trinity?
How can a man be trinity?
I urge you to try to read up the post, this has been explained already, as a believer, you need to know that you can exist in three different forms, and these forms or nature are embodied inside of you...they include the spirit, soul and body...please try to read up the post, thanks.
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Ajibam: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2014
winner01:
I urge you to try to read up the post, this has been explained already, as a believer, you need to know that you can exist in three different forms, and these forms or nature are embodied inside of you...they include the spirit, soul and body...please try to read up the post, thanks.
Alright bro
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2015
OAM4J
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Good write Up @OP. I was first shocked at the title, I read in btwn the lines and saw the Truth. You too much@OP. You be correct GUY!. I pray Eph1:16-19 for you.

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by trapQ: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
true
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Emotionz: 2:24am On Jul 08, 2015
I disagree,doesn't add up frm bible reasonin
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
Emotionz:
I disagree,doesn't add up frm bible reasonin
ok, Give us your reasoning.
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
grin
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
and someone looked at brilliant winner01 and ridiculed him . undecided Atheism is foolishness
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
Absolute crap @ op , that means animals are trinity too since they are also body , soul and spirit . grin

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
and someone looked at brilliant winner01 and ridiculed him . undecided Atheism is foolishness
Lol, It really is. Really.

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by johnw74: 2:50am On Oct 01, 2015
winner01:
Who was God talking to..... During God's great work of creation, many faith's record that God Almighty used the plural word "US".
In Genesis 1:26 God says "Let us
make man in our image, after our likeness.
What does God mean when he says "us"? Let us make
man in our image. Who is "us"?

Hi, I believe God was talking to the Word

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Pro 8:30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

This was in everlasting before there was an Earth or anything at all, other than God.

God and the Word, two persons, one Spirit-one God.
The Word, thousands of years after the creation, became the man Jesus Christ.
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:40am On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:
Absolute crap @ op , that means animals are trinity too since they are also body , soul and spirit . grin

where they created in God's image undecided

Now go to your room and think about what you just said grin
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

where they created in God's image undecided
Now go to your room and think about what you just said grin
Gosh! Ok , tell me what it means that we are in Gods image ?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:16am On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

Gosh! Ok , tell me what it means that we are in Gods image ?

First , are you an atheist ?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

First , are you an atheist ?

Am not . So anwer my question
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

Am not . So anwer my question

Likeness - certain abilities or behaviour , resemblance - Anthropomorphically
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Likeness - certain abilities or behaviour , resemblance - Anthropomorphically

You see , yet you are cheering the confused Op who said been in the image of God means man is a trinity , body soul and spirit , going by his analogy it means animals are in the image of God too since they are also body , soul and spirit .
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

You see , yet you are cheering the confused Op who said been in the image of God means man is a trinity , body soul and spirit , going by his analogy it means animals are in the image of God too since they are also body , soul and spirit .

Hmmm

I actually mean something different . Do humans share the same resemblance with any animal ? Do you notice the disparity between the nature of man and that of animals ?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm

I actually mean something different . Do humans share the same resemblance with any animal ? Do you notice the disparity between the nature of man and that of animals ?

Do we share the same resemblance with God ?

There are different kind of flesh says the bible . Each creature is unique in its own way . That doesnt disprove the fact that all are souls , all have spirit , and all have a body .
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

Do we share the same resemblance with God ?

There are different kind of flesh says the bible . Each creature is unique in its own way . That doesnt disprove the fact that all are souls , all have spirit , and all have a body .

Do animals have souls ?
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Do animals have souls ?

Animals are souls , read Gen 1:24
" then God : Let the earth bring forth living Souls *\ hebrew: nephesh\ according to their kinds, domestic animals and wild animals of the earth according to their kinds. And it was so "

Also see Revelation 16:3 .

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

Animals are souls , read Gen 1:24
" then God : Let the earth bring forth living Souls *\ hebrew: nephesh\ according to their kinds, domestic animals and wild animals of the earth according to their kinds. And it was so "

Also see Revelation 16:3 .
Man was made in the Image and likeness of God, His soul and spirit inclusive. [My point]. Animals werent made in God's image even though they have souls.
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
winner01:
Man was made in the Image and likeness of God, His soul and spirit inclusive. [My point]. Animals werent made in God's image even though they have souls.

Dont change your point , you said God is trinity and man is a trinity because he is created in that triune image and you went ahead to explain how man is triune which is : he is body , soul and spirit . This bullshit was busted immediately since animals are also body , soul , spirit that means they are also created in the triune image of God .

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

This bullshit was busted immediately since animals are also body , soul , spirit that means they are also created in the triune image of God .

Okay, Give a Biblical reference that says animals are created in God's image. Lol.
Animals have body and souls, but the Bible definately does not state that they were created in God's Image.
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
"Let Us make man in our own Image" - God.
This quote does not include animals, does it undecided
Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by Jessicha(f): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
winner01:
Okay, Give a Biblical reference that says animals are created in God's image. Lol.
Animals have body and souls, but the Bible definately does not state that they were created in God's Image.

Gosh! And someone said you re brilliant , you have already contradict the bible . Its Your interpretation thats genuinely faulty since ur triune image of body , soul and spirit is also found in animals .

Go and research what it means that we are in Gods image , it has to do with something we have which animals dont have . ! Talk about body soul spirit , uv miss road since they got all that .

1 Like

Re: God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) by winner01(m): 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jessicha:

Gosh! And someone said you re brilliant , you have already contradict the bible . Its Your interpretation thats genuinely faulty since ur triune image of body , soul and spirit is also found in animals .

Go and research what it means that we are in Gods image , it has to do with something we have which humans dont have . ! Talk about body soul spirit , uv miss road since they got all that .
Please read up the post over again, I doubt you have the slightest idea of the point made in my article. And there's no need to attack my personality, you dont even know me grin. Just make your point.

Whatever you meant by the bolded, lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: Stones Will Cry Out - Dr. D.K Olukoya / Why Do People Hate Atheists / How Campus Fellowships Discipline & Use Their Members (Allegedly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.