Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts (28281 Views)

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! / Ike Uche Back In Training! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Bosville(m): 5:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Keshi z just beating around the bush....i can't spot a tangible point in all of his rantings. He z proving too hard dis days and dat oNly depicts how clueless he is becoming....

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Kx: 5:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Good riddance to pride and arrogance
Good riddance to snail football
Good riddance to "building a team of 11players for d past 3yrs
Good riddance to a coach that labels and openly castigate his trophy winning war lords like Sunday Mba, IK Uche, Emenike and Brown Ideye
Good riddance to bad rubbish
U tot Maigari and Giwa crisis would linger for ever so thaty nobody would revisit your shambolic patternless coaching!
Keshi d Eagles are done with U

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Dominionng(m): 5:41am On Oct 09, 2014
Goodluck with that Keshi!!!
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by nationwide1(m): 5:43am On Oct 09, 2014
I'm not trying to defend Uche but I think Nigeria is used to going for average or even below on flimsy grounds. That jinx is still hunting Keshi. He is even happier to lose than to reconcile with his star player. This is pride and it's very Nigerian. Some companies and ministries are ready to employ a person with low grade as long as it serves the interest of 'oga at the top '. One of the reasons coaches are referred to as managers is issue like this one - managing the characters of players. How did Sir Ferguson get the best out of obstinate players like Cantona, Keane, Rooney, Tevez?

7 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ignis: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2014
NFF will be done with Keshi soon.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by DonDiego(m): 5:45am On Oct 09, 2014
There really has to be something wrong with a coach who consistently has petty issues with his players. From Adebayor to Osaze, from Yobo to now Ike Uche, Keshi seems to just show that the term manager isn't something to be applied to him, like it is with most great coaches. He is just an old-fashioned coach. And not even a great one at that. Reading through his explanation I could not see anywhere Ike Uche acted like he wanted to be begged to play. Keshi claims the player called him first and they apparently chatted cordially. Yet it was too much for Keshi to use the opportunity to say:" ol' boy, get ready o. Your name is on my next list for South Africa." Instead, like an inept manager, he tells a subordinate to ask Uche if his travel papers are available. Like Uche did, if I were in his shoes I would have asked that same subordinate what he was talking about. Obviously, Keshi does not know Nigerians playing football abroad are also professionals. He assumes they are schoolboys he could deal with at his own whims. But I've got news for him: the vultures are already circling. His hubris will be his great undoing. Enough said.

24 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by watchindelta(m): 5:46am On Oct 09, 2014
tee4naija:
This is what I call unprofessional-ism on the part of Keshi. If you have grudges with your players, must it be known to newsmen who will only help you to blow it out of proportion for their own selfish reason.
true word bro keshi talk too much and only him will Divid the team with hatred among the players.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Mubarak39: 5:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by kendrick93(m): 5:47am On Oct 09, 2014
After droppin him frm d world cup squad what did u expect.. Keshi has really ballsed up dis situation.. Big shame our best striker won't play for us again
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by watchindelta(m): 5:51am On Oct 09, 2014
DonDiego:
There really has to be something wrong with a coach who consistently has petty issues with his players. From Adebayor to Osaze, from Yobo to now Ike Uche, Keshi seems to just show that the term manager isn't something to be applied to him, like it is with most great coaches. He is just an old-fashioned coach. And not even a great one at that. Reading through his explanation I could not see anywhere Ike Uche acted like he wanted to be begged to play. Keshi claims the player called him first and they apparently chatted cordially. Yet it was too much for Keshi to use the opportunity to say:" ol' boy, get ready o. Your name is on my next list for South Africa." Instead, like an inept manager, he tells a subordinate to ask Uche if his travel papers are available. Like Uche did, if I were in his shoes I would have asked that same subordinate what he was talking about. Obviously, Keshi does not know Nigerians playing football abroad are also professionals. He assumes they are schoolboys he could deal with at his own whims. But I've got news for him: the vultures are already circling. His hubris will be his great undoing. Enough said.
bro 100likes u said it all.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by manjiggy(m): 5:56am On Oct 09, 2014
When Uche was in the team, what did we win?

Nothing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ceejay80s(m): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2014
Uche should go 2 hell
all posters above me are talkíng trash. If u dont have respect for ur parents, lecturer,teacher, just because u have money. What do u think will happen
uche fìt try am for his club coach?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Davidbanky(m): 6:00am On Oct 09, 2014
ElekeNtioba:
I would take anytin Keshi says with a pinch of salt. He has shown previously his arrogance knows no boundary.

Uche is well within his rights to decline any invitation dats involves working with a coach dat treats him with disdain and disparages him in public.

Patriotism doesnt equate to stupidity.

I tire o, imagine the way they invited him again? Call and asked if he has South Africa visa .. Lmao! Guilty conscience dey worry them, u didn't take him to World Cup and he still calls u to greet u, to me , the guy tried, keshi is in a mess and looking for who to clean the house, invitation is not done that way, he should call him and tell him he needs him for the next match, until then, mr keshi is yet to invite that man...

7 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:03am On Oct 09, 2014
If Uche plays under keshi ehn, Keshi will just make sure the guy performs woefully..

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by 9jatatafo(m): 6:03am On Oct 09, 2014
Keshi's problem is this. He is looking for new players that he will be their manager and not pride as he his making us to believe. His aim is to discover new boys and make money from them. When he was coaching Togo national team, he wanted to manage Adebayor which caused their problem. Sunday Mba's case nko? During the transfer of Mba to Bastia from Warri Wolves, I read in the news print how Keshi demanded for some percentage of the transfer fees, Mba's camp vehemently refused, since then he did not invite Sunday Mba again. Keshi will surely have it rough with the NFF president, Amaju Pinnick because of the Mba saga. Nigerian football lovers think.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Davidbanky(m): 6:04am On Oct 09, 2014
ceejay80s:
Uche should go 2 hell
all posters above me are talkíng trash. If u dont have respect for ur parents, lecturer,teacher, just because u have money. What do u think will happen

Wetin u sef dey talk, na respect issue be this, ? Young man, even lectures and parents respect their students and children respectively... So what u are saying is trash

3 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by emmabest2000(m): 6:10am On Oct 09, 2014
watchindelta:
Keshi has really lost it. Rare
for long time ago nao ...

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by pro2010: 6:11am On Oct 09, 2014
ceejay80s:
Uche should go 2 hell

What are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Chanchit: 6:14am On Oct 09, 2014
Nigeria will be done with Keshi too very soon.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by watchindelta(m): 6:19am On Oct 09, 2014
ceejay80s:
Uche should go 2 hell
respect is reciprocal

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by victorazy(m): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2014
lexyman:
Can the media stop bringing this news to the public! We are tired of the same story and news all the time.

Me am crying sef cry
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by toorich: 6:29am On Oct 09, 2014
watchindelta:
Oct 8, 2014 16:48:31
The Nigeria coach has accused the Villareal man of turning down the opportunity to play for his
country and would never be invited again

Nigeria interim coach Stephen Keshi has told journalists to stop asking the reason for the
absence of striker Ikechukwu Uche from his team as he disclosed that the Villareal man turned
down an opportunity to return last month.

Keshi said that he would never beg Uche to play for the Super Eagles in a very comprehensive
explanation regarding the shut out of the player at a media parley on Wednesday. Uche had been
ignored since the end of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations which Nigeria won.

With his top form in Spain, he had been expected to make the squad to the World Cup but was
again overlooked while Keshi took along strikers in poorer form. The issue of Uche's recall came
up last month when Keshi announced his team to take on Congo and South Africa without the
Yellow Submarine man, who took to Twitter to deny asking to be begged to play for his country.
Today, Keshi opened up on the issue extensively.

“I don’t want to talk about the issue of Ikechukwu Uche again and I don’t want anybody to ask
me about him again,” Keshi said while responding to a journalist’s question.

“Before [last month’s] game against Congo, I did the list. I didn’t even want to do the list because
I never knew I would come back to handle the team. I told them I am not the coach that [the
NFF] should do the list but they said no, I should please do the list.

“I did the list and Ikechukwu Uche’s name was on the 25 man list I did. He (Ike Uche) didn’t even
know about it because I did not tell him. Uche then called me four days later and said “Coach
how are you? and I said boy it is good to hear your voice.” We just spoke like brothers and that
was it.

“I then told [Team] Secretary, Dayo Enebi, to ask if the players have South African visas and the
ones that don’t have he should take their passports ahead of time to process their visas.

“He then asked Ikechukwu Uche and Uche said why is he asking him and why was he asking for
his international passport.

“I hate to speak without Uche not being here or if you want to call him put him on speaker to
know who is telling lies or not. And please nobody should ask me about Uche again.

“Uche said he needs somebody to talk to him about something they said about him as being a
bad kid and they said he did something wrong.

“Then I said okay [Dayo Enebi] take his name out. I am not going to beg Uche and I am not
going to tell Daniel [Amokachi] to beg Uche, for what?

“We have played for this country for over 20 years and nobody ever begged us to play for the
country. We are the ones always begging to play.

"So please let this be the end today. Don’t ask me about Uche. We have Obafemi Martins and
others (doing well) and nobody is making fuss about not being invited.

“What is wrong with him? Why do people want to tear this team apart,” Keshi queried.

The Super Eagles are without the injured pair of Victor Moses and Michael Babatunde as they
head to Khartoum. Nigeria face a must-win pair of matches against Sudan if they hope to qualify
to defend their African title in Morocco next year.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2015-afcon-qualification/2014/10/08/5167703/i-am-done-with-ike-uche-keshi-blasts?ICID=HP_BN_1

unfortunate it is Nigerian football that will bear the consequence of Keshi's ego. what has Uche done wrong from Keshi's complain?

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Lanceslot(m): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:
I'm surprised by the comments I'm reading. No be d same old dat was performing wonders and helped elevate the national team from their earlier shameful FiFa ranking? The fact he may have been under performing now doesn't make him a rotten egg.

BTW, WTF is Ike Uche feeling like. I wldn't say much at this time time he comes out with his own press statement.
Uche needs an explanation from Keshi to why he kept on damaging his name and reputation. I was once a die hard supporter of this Mr Keshi, but he's losing it, his ego is becoming too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by onoja12: 6:33am On Oct 09, 2014
rubbish Nigerians need to learn discipline,that's the only way we can grow,people need to learn that everybody is replaceable,there for they must be patriotic,can uche try that with his club,talk more of a country

ucyoma:
Mr Keshi pride goes before a fall

Swallow your ego n pride n call d young man back. He's good

This useless pride n ego of yours could be d reason u have been failing lately
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by xtervaganza(m): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Like someone said when Pedro Leon was acting like a fool. ......he's no Zidane or Maradona

So let's put this story to bed

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by redcliff: 6:40am On Oct 09, 2014
ucyoma:
Mr Keshi pride goes before a fall

Swallow your ego n pride n call d young man back. He's good

This useless pride n ego of yours could be d reason u have been failing lately

You are just but a kid..

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Lilprincey(m): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2014
kazmanbanjoko:
keshi and ik. Uche are just two proud asses. But always respect the BOSS

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by quiteunique01: 6:45am On Oct 09, 2014
keshi wat were u expecting? he should jump up n thank you for inviting him? wen u left him out since 2013 now u need a miracle to qualify u now want uche the miracle man to bail u out bros u lie.carry ur cross n leave uche out of it.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by shilexholly(m): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Settle d differences Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ make nija proud jare
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by TeamSimple(m): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2014
End time coach..Always saying rubbish,he lacks managerial skills..saying you done with one of our best strikers when his not your ex girlfriend or mistress. Like Ik uche cares.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by 2pence(m): 6:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Mr Keshi,

Every body has got what they came to do, you have done your part when you won that Afcon is South Africa

It is rather disheartening NFF has allowed you to desolve our aplauds.

You have no plans now, what's your plan for Super Eagles ? Nothing

You have non performing players in your team than any other national team

Non-active players take posiition of in-form players ?

Can you try that in Ivory coast ? If you list a player in your team , you are the coach, you called him. You are too diplomatic for a coach , Go and work in High commission that's where your likes are.

You replaced Moses and babatunde with which players ? Same old non-actives.

Why not Obafemi ? We will watch your mess don't complain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Resumes Training With Trabzonspor, His New Club / Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award / The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 Winners (updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.