Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women (72042 Views)

Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women? / Is Abortion a bre*ast Cancer Risk? / No. 1 Killer Disease Amongst Nigerian Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Osyxcel:
@Xcelsia, that is love made in Sambisa o shocked grin grin

Good morning fam...
Candygosh and Hephzi1991... we are with you... Stay well and strong.
That's the best kind na lol, good morning sweetie smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
Good morning my beloved family, how's your week going so far? I'm doing well, we are preparing for thanksgiving day here. It's every last Thursday of November, everyone comes together to cook, eat and give thanks to God for all He has done. I'm grateful and thankful for you all and for your endless love and support kiss

Candy and hephzi my darlings, our prayers are relentless, we'll continue to stand in the gap while waiting on the Lord. We love you both so very much kiss

Peace, love, joy, prosperity, good health and long life everyone. I pray for many blessings from above to you all smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Zikkie(f): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hello family..... Just popping in briefly to say hello. Hope we are all great? Candygosh, how are you doing? Gotten the second chemo already? The Lord us your strength. Hephzi, hope u are good too?

Dad might still have the transfusion in a private clinic. He is fine but weak....

In all, we still bless God!
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
Zikkie:
Hello family..... Just popping in briefly to say hello. Hope we are all great? Candygosh, how are you doing? Gotten the second chemo already? The Lord us your strength. Hephzi, hope u are good too?

Dad might still have the transfusion in a private clinic. He is fine but weak....

In all, we still bless God!

Sorry about ur dad I couldn't get chemo today cos pcv was low 20. So I'm getting blood transfusion instead, first pint in progress.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Zikkie(f): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
candygosh:

Sorry about ur dad I couldn't get chemo today cos pcv was low 20. So I'm getting blood transfusion instead, first pint in progress.

Thanks babez. How many pints are you to get? Dad's consultant says three! His PCV is 19.... Hmmm....God help us.

There's something I'm a bit disturbed about. Since dad had that surgery, nobody has talked of a radiotherapy or chemotherapy. I cant understand why... I hope and really hope they are doing the right thing o! Cos I honestly wouldn't tolerate silly stories later on.

2sexi, pls do you have any details of your friend's treatment and what it entailed? I'm curious!
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Zikkie:

Thanks babez. How many pints are you to get? Dad's consultant says three! His PCV is 19.... Hmmm....God help us.

There's something I'm a bit disturbed about. Since dad had that surgery, nobody has talked of a radiotherapy or chemotherapy. I cant understand why... I hope and really hope they are doing the right thing o! Cos I honestly wouldn't tolerate silly stories later on.

2sexi, pls do you have any details of your friend's treatment and what it entailed? I'm curious!

Wow my doctor says three but I'm getting two pints. One is still in progress.

He should undergo one of them or even both to eliminate traces of the cancer. Maybe they r not talking bout it cos he isn't stable yet. Chemo might obviously kill him with pcv of 19.
You better ask why they r not talking bout it and ask them ur questions. Seek 2nd opinion too, it doesn't kill. Let another oncologist in another place see him.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Zikkie(f): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
candygosh:

Wow my doctor says three but I'm getting two pints. One is still in progress.

He should undergo one of them or even both to eliminate traces of the cancer. Maybe they r not talking bout it cos he isn't stable yet. Chemo might obviously kill him with pcv of 19.
You better ask why they r not talking bout it and ask them ur questions. Seek 2nd opinion too, it doesn't kill. Let another oncologist in another place see him.

Hmmmm.... O ga! sad
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Zikkie(f): 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2014
So what is the minimum PCV one should have before undergoing a chemo or radio session? Did you go through radiotherapy at any point? @Candygosh?
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
Zikkie... You should ask the consultant(s) why they are not talking of Chemo or Radio. Your Dad will be fine by God's grace.

Candygosh.... hmmm, all is well dearie. Everything will be just fine, and the trying period will be over soon. Take care and be strong.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
Good to see Candygosh here again....hope u r strong ma?
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by zayjay: 11:02am On Nov 26, 2014
Candy and Hehzi, the lord is your strength. Am so happy 4 u. I have a fwnd that has 3 lumps in a breast and she's afraid to have it checked. Ill share this forum with her so she can hv it checked. And pls candy which good hospital can it be checked in lagos.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2014
pls be informed that there has been an tradomedical approach to the treatment of cancer. i made a post concerning this some few days back. my mum has invasive breast cancer (ductal carcinoma) and she in her last stage of treatment. i can assure you guys that it works like magic and aside i have seen two patients treated here in kaduna by the chinese doctor i talked about. the cost of the treatment is nothing less than 900k. but it works. pls for those of you suffering from this disease try and widen your source of info for treatment of cancer. as far as i know. chemotheraphy only manages cancer for a period of time depending on the patient body system. some might stay for 2 years, other 4 years depending. but this particular treatment kills cancer cells permanently. you can reach me for more info. cheers
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
Zikkie:
So what is the minimum PCV one should have before undergoing a chemo or radio session? Did you go through radiotherapy at any point? @Candygosh?

Your dad's pcv is obviously to ooooo low. For females normal pcv are 37 to 40. Males are 40 to 45. It's usually stated besides the blood report.
So he has to have at least thirty something for him. 19 is just too low. It means he has 19 ml of red blood cells and 91 plasma which is mainly liquid.
Even without chemo he needs a transfusion who knows maybe 5 to 6 pints. He's really short of blood. For me now I would be retaking a pcv test and it has to be 30 at the least since I was 20 without transfusion.

I never had radio, just surgery n chemo. Radio is not in my treatment plan.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
zayjay:
Candy and Hehzi, the lord is your strength. Am so happy 4 u. I have a fwnd that has 3 lumps in a breast and she's afraid to have it checked. Ill share this forum with her so she can hv it checked. And pls candy which good hospital can it be checked in lagos.

It depends on where she is. But I will suggest she uses holy trinity ikeja.the surgeon there is good. She can have her lumpectomy there and get them for histology. Histology determines if those 3 lumps are cancerous or not.

She's not limited to ikeja too but that's where I had mine done . If I have to advice her to go through lasuth, the procedure might be long and the waiting list is too long . But there's no harm in trying but at lasuth that clinic on Thursdays and if she's intending to use it she has to be there early so she gets lucky to see d doc.

But I will advice a private hospital if she's got the money it's going to save her the stress and it's a quick procedure but it's around 40 to 70
The same surgeon at ikeja owns his own private hospital in mushin. And he's good. I had my lumpectomy at ikeja and mastectomy at mushin. The choice is hers.

She should just be careful of where she has it done. Some people could complicate a small thing.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Odunharry:
Good to see Candygosh here again....hope u r strong ma?

Yeah I walked from the hospital back home, no dizziness and I didn't fall on the way. A good sign.
Thanks ks hope you r good too
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
Osyxcel:

Candygosh.... hmmm, all is well dearie. Everything will be just fine, and the trying period will be over soon. Take care and be strong.

Oh soon my dear. Thanks hope you r fine too
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Xcelsia it's been a while I haven't read your posts. God is your strength honnie.

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
candygosh:
Xcelsia it's been a while I haven't read your posts. God is your strength honnie.
Good morning love, I'm here o. Just reading up on my mentions first. Obim and I just talked about you, we'll be calling you soon kiss
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
candygosh:

Yeah I walked from the hospital back home, no dizziness and I didn't fall on the way. A good sign.
Thanks ks hope you r good too
wow...so happy,that a nice one.....more strenght to you....people here still love u..
Though there ws a tyme we were worried due to ur absence...
It rily good to have u back..
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
xcelsia i seeth thou..Good Afternoon

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
Good morning my darlings, zikkie what's going on? I know God has given us victory, the devil is a liar, we'll call you after speaking with candy kiss

Hephzi love please try to reach out to us so we know how you are, I'm dying to speak with you please sad

Christine01, osyxcel, tollu and odunharry, how are you my loves? Please let's uphold zikkie's dad, candy and hephzi in prayers, the devil is a confirmed loser!! angry

Love you all, please expect phone calls from obim and I tomorrow to wish you all a happy thanksgiving. Candy and zikkie, we're calling now, we need to pray. Blessings everyone kiss

3 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Odunharry:
xcelsia i seeth thou..Good Afternoon
Good morning love, hope your day is going well smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Osyxcel(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
candygosh:

Oh soon my dear. Thanks hope you r fine too

Yeah, I'm good. Thanks.... Good to know you're strong.
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
It is well with you ladies, candy, zikkie and hephzibah. It's well with you in Jesus name amen!!

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Obinoscopy(m): 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
xcelsia:
It is well with you ladies, candy, zikkie and hephzibah. It's well with you in Jesus name amen!!
Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Obinoscopy(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hi family,

How's our day coming up? Trust we are good. I sent you guys a PM concerning the Xmas Hamper Gifts. Please reply as soon as you can.

Candy, Zikkie and Hephzi......we'll win this! Our prayers and well wishes are with you guys. We love you.....always have.

3 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Hi family,

How's our day coming up? Trust we are good. I sent you guys a PM concerning the Xmas Hamper Gifts. Please reply as soon as you can.

Candy, Zikkie and Hephzi......we'll win this! Our prayers and well wishes are with you guys. We love you.....always have.
God bless u real good...Ur kind is rare....Xcelsia called me this Afternoon and she has delivered ur msg

2 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Odunharry:

God bless u real good...Ur kind is rare....Xcelsia called me this Afternoon and she has delivered ur msg
smiley
Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
Good morning my sweet hearts, it was nice speaking with you guys osyxcel and odunharry. I wasn't able to get a hold of the rest, it seems they were busy but I know everyone is doing well by God's grace.

Happy Thanksgiving my darlings, I'm thankful for seun bringing us together on this platform, it wouldn't have been possible without him. I'm most especially thankful that we all have each other and the love we share on this thread is now beyond nairaland smiley

God bless you all real good, please try and reply your pms so we can work with time and plan accordingly. We love you all so very much and our prayers continue for zikkies dad, hephzi and candy. Hephzi honey, we miss you like kilode, please reach out to us when you can kiss

Many blessings everyone smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Zikkie(f): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Good day family... Sure we are all doing well. Xcelsia, I just got your text. My phone was switched off. obinoscopy, I saw your mail, wl reply soonest.
Candygosh, Im glad you are stronger this time. The Lord wl continue to strengthen you.
Thank God for my dad, I had to leave him at the hospital yesterday evening to take care of other things at home. Mun just told me he almost passed on. He started reacting to the blood and the house officer on duty gave him 50mg of phenegan instead of 25mg. Thank God mum is also a retired medical personnel, she noticed daddy was just talking rubbish and his speech was slurred! Immediately she checked what was on the ample and called the attention of the girl, they had to use lasix and Infusion. He slept for a long time and woke up not knowing what happened! I'm grateful to God and the family here for your prayers.
It is well with us. kiss

4 Likes

Re: BR€AST CANCER Amongst Nigerian Women by Odunharry(m): 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (43) (Reply)

Indian Man Grows Four-Inch Horn After Head Injury (Graphic Photo) / COVID-19: Would You Barb Your Hair Wearing This? / Video Of Man Having Sex With Snake Seen On Nigerian Doctor's Phone In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.