Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 (177930 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by KevinKupr8(m): 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
application under review.

Thanks.
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by bravehost4u(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
butterfly161992:
Just had my interview. Mehn, it was tough but its all good. Prayers continue. Anyone else scheduled for interview or already done with interview.. Just patiently waiting to hear back from the recruitment about the results... I hope its positive...
All the best of luck to you.
What is predetermined cannot be changed
You are there already, Just believe

2 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by yungreezy: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
Has anyone that did not upload transcripts ever been called for an interview?
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by dest4real(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
yungreezy:
Has anyone that did not upload transcripts ever been called for an interview?

Is not by transcript jor!

I uploaded my transcript, and i have a masters degree in Environmental Science. My application is still under review since 10th of October!

If you ask me: I think it's just luck....
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Lero15(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
dest4real:

I uploaded my transcript, and i have a masters degree in Environmental Science. My application is still under review since 10th of October!

@ boldened, Nice course cool

2 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by yungreezy: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
Just thinking about this stuff that's why I asked. Still under review here as well.. hope they get back to us soon
dest4real:

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by cc150615(f): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
You guys should chill Na,I tot some ppl deduced that only ppl that studied commercial nd related courses have been called
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Owoado(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
I beliv d transcript is important 2 dem, I've been under review for abt a month now, N I'm also commercial buh didn't submit transcript..
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by COOLCATS: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
News have it that some peeps will be resuming December . Some technical guys were also called for commercial roles . Am thinking its about cgpa . If only those contacted can come here and share info and perhaps those on here already can tell us if they had above 4.0.
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by sholay2011(m): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
COOLCATS:
News have it that some peeps will be resuming December . Some technical guys were also called for commercial roles . Am thinking its about cgpa . If only those contacted can come here and share info and perhaps those on here already can tell us if they had above 4.0.
Aunty, my application is still under review and my CGPA is quite high, and I applied for a commercial role....and I uploaded my transcript.

'Wouldn't want to ascribe it to luck now but those whose application have progressed should thank God...or whatever they worship....lol.
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Acquiredollars(m): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
sholay2011:

Aunty, my application is still under review and my CGPA is quite high, and I applied for a commercial role....and I uploaded my transcript.
'Wouldn't want to ascribe it to luck now but those whose application have progressed should thank God...or whatever they worship....lol.

I narrowly escaped a first class with a CGPA of 4.47 and i submitted my transcrip.

So it has nothing to do with 4.0 CGPA and above.

It is becoming annoying! Well na dem sabi oooo

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by COOLCATS: 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
sholay2011:

well you can say luck , but they might have had other achievements and skills you dont have . Its really a competitive position . Every other candidate feels his answers were the best to the decision making assessment . One cant say really.
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Eruditor: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
It is frustrating when otherwise intelligent guys just freeze their brains and begin to employ sentiments in searching for jobs. Anyone can take a cursory look at the 2013 Shell thread and you could see how people progressed from the first stage to receiving the offers. For starters, some people didn't upload any transcripts and some others didn't have high CGPAs. To be honest of the 5 people I know that received the offer from Shell, only 2 of them had above 4pt in their CGPAs. Please you lot should calm down.

It is not about luck, documents uploaded or what not especially not at this stage. What matters to Shell right now is the VACANCY available and from what we can gather it is not only for a commercial role but more specifically for courses related to Economics or Financially-akin disciplines. This suggests that that is where the available vacancies lie. Depending on one's success in the online tests and then discipline one could be called soon or left hanging till a position matches your application.

I am saying this because I know some people applied for IT positions and they were grouped under commercial roles. Well, the commercial role they want to fill this time around requires people with an Economics or Finance background and not IT. All technical role applicants should wait and even those who applied to commercial roles unrelated to Finance should equally calm down.

Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by abdulstech: 12:29am On Nov 16, 2014
Eruditor:
It is frustrating when otherwise intelligent guys just freeze their brains and begin to employ sentiments in searching for jobs. Anyone can take a cursory look at the 2013 Shell thread and you could see how people progressed from the first stage to receiving the offers. For starters, some people didn't upload any transcripts and some others didn't have high CGPAs. To be honest of the 5 people I know that received the offer from Shell, only 2 of them had above 4pt in their CGPAs. Please you lot should calm down.

It is not about luck, documents uploaded or what not especially not at this stage. What matters to Shell right now is the VACANCY available and from what we can gather it is not only for a commercial role but more specifically for courses related to Economics or Financially-akin disciplines. This suggests that that is where the available vacancies lie. Depending on one's success in the online tests and then discipline one could be called soon or left hanging till a position matches your application.

I am saying this because I know some people applied for IT positions and they were grouped under commercial roles. Well, the commercial role they want to fill this time around requires people with an Economics or Finance background and not IT. All technical role applicants should wait and even those who applied to commercial roles unrelated to Finance should equally calm down.

Thank you.

Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by tolutweety(m): 2:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Eruditor:

Thank you.

Bros , Abeg help me manage one like . smiley

I wan comment before ,make i explain to them all,but as you don explain finish....Make i go sleep ! smiley cheesy *CHOP KNUCKLE*

4 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by masciano77: 7:31am On Nov 17, 2014
Hum you may be right, cus my application status shows pending interview, I studied Economics and apply for commercial role/finance. And am still expecting them to schedule me for a phone interview.
Eruditor:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 17, 2014
Eruditor,
Good job bro. Anyone that can study patterns can very easily understand what is going on. However, many of us here just decide to be hyper on something they already know the answer to. The main reason I quietly unfollowed the thread. I beg make una no give una self hypertension, Shell is no one's last bus stop.

I already made a recommendation to those who cared to read. Pretend you did not apply to Shell after taking the online assessments, because if you mistakenly raise your hopes just a tiny bit before you receive a phone interview mail, you may just easily get that hope shattered.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Tomjazzy2: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2014
thus far, the opinions on the shell recruitment process can be comfortably understood using the analogy of the five blind men of huddlestone, who all went to learning about the elephant. At the end of the day, each touched only a part of the elephant and hence, subjected his description/definition to that particular part he touched.

The import of the above is that obviously, we cant rightly fault any one's opinion concerning the recruitment process. But with equal obviousness, every one's opinion (with the exception of a few) have been rather subjective
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by BlindFlange(m): 10:52am On Nov 17, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Eruditor,
Good job bro. Anyone that can study patterns can very easily understand what is going on. However, many of us here just decide to be hyper on something they already know the answer to. The main reason I quietly unfollowed the thread. I beg make una no give una self hypertension, Shell is no one's last bus stop.

I already made a recommendation to those who cared to read. Pretend you did not apply to Shell after taking the online assessments, because if you mistakenly raise your hopes just a tiny bit before you receive a phone interview mail, you may just easily get that hope shattered.

Cheers

Spot on!
I got my phone interview invite about 9 months after "passing the online test". My mind was already off the job and I was silently waiting for their reject mail.

For now, try and focus on some other recruitment, though I heard Shell is a very good place to work.

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by LEvuls(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
BlindFlange:

Spot on!
I got my phone interview invite about 9 months after "passing the online test". My mind was already off the job and I was silently waiting for their reject mail.

For now, try and focus on some other recruitment, though I heard Shell is a very good place to work.
9months ago trust me that full gestation period to deliver a bouncing baby grin so whats up now #stage u re now?

2 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Omaobe: 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Omo, na waiting mode we dey now. I contacted them this morning and their response was that they are still reviewing my application and the interview performance. They promised to contact me as soon as the result is ready. May God help.
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by yungreezy: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
How did u contact them o?! Anyways ur a step ahead cos you've done your interview meanwhile I'm still on application under review.
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by jayrager(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
Acquiredollars:

I narrowly escaped a first class with a CGPA of 4.47 and i submitted my transcrip.

So it has nothing to do with 4.0 CGPA and above.

It is becoming annoying! Well na dem sabi oooo
hmmmm. Intelligent sumbody. I sight u. Like u rightly said I doubt if cgpa matters
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by dest4real(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Na wa for shell o.....Till now no news!

1 Like

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by crudedude(m): 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
dest4real:
Na wa for shell o.....Till now no news!

honey no give yourself high BP o grin

3 Likes

Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by dammie4j(m): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2014
Waiting mode activated...
Hp they contact soon smiley
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by COOLCATS: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Offer letter rolling grin
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by yungreezy: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
and we're still under review sad
COOLCATS:
Offer letter rolling grin
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by BlindFlange(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
yungreezy:
and we're still under review sad

You just got yours?
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by yungreezy: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
I pray.. my status is still application under review is what I meant
BlindFlange:

You just got yours?
Re: Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 by Omaobe: 4:54am On Dec 04, 2014
My status is still 'Completed Interview' since October 31, 2014. Any other person with d same experience? Does it take long like dis b4 one is contacted about d outcome of d interview. My interviewer told me dey wud get back to me within d next 10 days, but yet to hear anyfin after more than a month. May God assist!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2017 / NNPC Is Recruiting 2019!: GT And Experienced / N-Power List Of Selected Applicants Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.