Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! (3116 Views)

Some Nigerians Are Not Happy GMB Ate At The Inauguration Dinner / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Court Sacks Rivers PDP Exco Backed By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Lordlexyy: 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Yet, we can't convincely say that the opinion and views of some folks here reflect the entire perception of all Nigerians. That being said, in every government, you can't wave aside the possibilies of moles, illiterates, misinformed and outright tribalists who will counter facts and truth that oppose their pre-conceive interest. Without fear, judging from recent events politically and how it affects us as people, it is glaring the section of the country that has thrown caution and objectivity to the dog on issues of importance like the ones you mentioned. I follow comments here, and it is quite embarrassing how someone in a bid to sound defensively intelligent, actually shows up the true intent that characterised the region he comes from. Whether we like it or not, this forum captures the mindset of what average Nigerian thinks. The trending rhetoric now is to tag any contrary opinion to the suppose way of thinking as Apc. I don't know where they got that from but obviously, it isn't funny. Op, once again, i appreciate your analytic commentary, but the idea of lumping the whole Nigerian into what you described above is unacceptable and i request you tender an unreserved appology. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Lordlexyy: 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
peziz:
So this writeup is thought provoking, however I still do not understand the basis for saying Nigerians as if the whole populace air thier opinion on Nairaland. I understand your article came forth as a result of the nonsense and gibberish you have read here on Nairaland concerning the seized money and what not.

My thoughts :

Yes! Some Nigerians have shown disgust and unpleasantness towards the actions of our government.

Some Nigerians are terribly irritated with scoan saga.

Some Nigerians will forever see blue and call it red.

Some Nigerians will sheepishly support a terrible government.

Infact it's a shame and I mean a stupid shame we have been reduced to this.

I as a right thinking Nigerian feel insulted with this exact words of yours, "Nigeria is light years behind SA in everything, including brains!" embarassed
Thanks girl. The op made lot of sense but obviously goofed in her closing remark, abusing the sensitivity of a whole people, like seriously. We have our challenges like the ones you collaborated with the op which i believe we are hoping will decimate some day, but not to the length she actually went. Quite hurtful and uncalled of.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Yet, we can't convincely say that the opinion and views of some folks here reflect the entire perception of all Nigerians. That being said, in every government, you can't wave aside the possibilies of moles, illiterates, misinformed and outright tribalists who will counter facts and truth that oppose their pre-conceive interest. Without fear, judging from recent events politically and how it affects us as people, it is glaring the section of the country that has thrown caution and objectivity to the dog on issues of importance like the ones you mentioned. I follow comments here, and it is quite embarrassing how someone in a bid to sound defensively intelligent, actually shows up the true intent that characterised the region he comes from. Whether we like it or not, this forum captures the mindset of what average Nigerian thinks. The trending rhetoric now is to tag any contrary opinion to the suppose way of thinking as Apc. I don't know where they got that from but obviously, it isn't funny. Op, once again, i appreciate your analytic commentary, but the idea of lumping the whole Nigerian into what you described above is unacceptable and i request you tender an unreserved appology. Thanks in advance.

I will leave it to our learned friends to answer you on your accusation. Please re-read carefully from the heading to each paragraph and pleas outline where I " lumped the whole Nigerian". angry
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Lordlexyy: 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
BluIvy:

I will leave it to our learned friends to answer you on your accusation. Please re-read carefully from the heading to each paragraph and pleas outline where I " lumped the whole Nigerian". angry
When you say "S.Africa is light years ahead of Nigeria even in brain", i suppose you are refering to some selected few, aren't you? This doesn't call for a debate. You made a fantastic analysis and i applauded you for it, but my exception is your last statement which i humbly ask you to appology or better still modify. I am not accusing you of anything except perhaps you feel other wise.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
Lordlexyy:
When you say "S.Africa is light years ahead of Nigeria even in brain", i suppose you are refering to some selected few, aren't you? This doesn't call for a debate. You made a fantastic analysis and i applauded you for it, but my exception is your last statement which i humbly ask you to appology or better still modify. I am not accusing you of anything except perhaps you feel other wise.

I agree. Sometimes I get carried away myself, even though I don't mean to generalize (in my head, I would never), but my words come out as a generalization, and it is offensive. OP, don't distract from your message by putting Nigerians on the defensive.

I understand your frustration. I FEEL your frustration. But don't forget that Nigerians are not homogenous. Nairalanders are just a subset of the different kinds of Nigerians. And the most vocal, ignorant ones are a subset again of all Nairalanders. There are many users that choose not to comment on certain issues, and dwell in the back forums, away from the front page.

Just remember to use words like "some" and "many".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Canme4u(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
The best write up ever since the coming back of NL

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by morpheus24: 12:01am On Oct 10, 2014
BluIvy:

It really beats me when fully grown humans with fully functioning brains decide to ignore and run from the truth for whatever reason. Nigeria has now turned into a toddler with the terrible two syndrome, that is they have abandoned sense and logic. How far will this go?

BLOODY AGENT!

Just tell the truth that the govt wants to use the money to fill up the SA treasury in the name of "money laundering". Rule of law my azz!

You haven't seized any of those Czech mafia members moneys who are openly gunning people on SA streets and running cartels in South Africa, you want to shake body for Naija because they are buying up all kinds of investment property in SA.

After you have finished your so called "money laundering" investigations so you can pose for your Euro- Western trade partners better return the money, fast fast it is not your own!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 10, 2014
Lordlexyy:

Well my heading and every other line about Nigeria I was clear, as you said bythe last line it was clear whom I am referring to. Couldn't you give me a benefit of doubt that I was still referring to the same people. As I have said in my 1st paragraph the Nigeria government is distracting its citizens, its country and Africa, this clearly meant the criticism relate to the Nigeria government. Unfortunately repetition sometimes becomes monotonous, and one always hope the readers have grasped the introduction. Well I was.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2014
morpheus24:

BLOODY AGENT!

Just tell the truth that the govt wants to use the money to fill up the SA treasury in the name of "money laundering". Rule of law my azz!

You haven't seized any of those Czech mafia members moneys who are openly gunning people on SA streets and running cartels in South Africa, you want to shake body for Naija because they are buying up all kinds of investment property in SA.

After you have finished your so called "money laundering" investigations so you can pose for your Euro- Western trade partners better return the money, fast fast it is not your own!

You see the lost logic? So since they have not seized the Czechs "in your head" it gives Nigerian government the right to do anything they want in another country?Senseless!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 10, 2014
morpheus24:

BLOODY AGENT!

You again, always commenting on issues you have no clue about. I remember your ignorant comments on that Oscar Pestorius thread.

Czech fugitive Krejcir’s assets seized

JOHANNESBURG – Eyewitness News can confirm the South African Revenue Service (Sars) on Friday seized Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir’s home and cars.

http://citizenalertzablogspotcom-tango..nl/2013/11/krejcirs-assets-seized.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by morpheus24: 12:48am On Oct 10, 2014
BluIvy:

You see the lost logic? So since they have not seized the Czechs "in your head" it gives Nigerian government the right to do anything they want in another country?Senseless!

GIVE THE MONEY BACK AND TELL YOUR PEOPLE TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO REPLACE THE NKANDLA MONEY!

Bloody Motswana!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Canme4u(m): 12:52am On Oct 10, 2014
If we talk say make these die hard supporter of GEJ till 2019 come say amen to the kind and generous prayer that someone has already prepared for them, dem no go show.

Bunch of hypocrites

www.nairaland.com/1939834/prayer-g.e.j-supporters#26983401
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by morpheus24: 12:52am On Oct 10, 2014
vdGeist:

You again, always commenting on issues you have no clue about. I remember your ignorant comments on that Oscar Pestorius thread.
JOHANNESBURG – Eyewitness News can confirm the South African Revenue Service (Sars) on Friday seized Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir’s home and cars.
http://citizenalertzablogspotcom-tango..nl/2013/11/krejcirs-assets-seized.html?m=1

You should focus on matters that concern you too, Like the rumour that your Motswana President is a little on the sissy side and how you need to give rightful land back to the basarwa's that were there before you.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Lordlexyy: 5:36am On Oct 10, 2014
MissMeiya:

I agree. Sometimes I get carried away myself, even though I don't mean to generalize (in my head, I would never), but my words come out as a generalization, and it is offensive. OP, don't distract from your message by putting Nigerians on the defensive.

I understand your frustration. I FEEL your frustration. But don't forget that Nigerians are not homogenous. Nairalanders are just a subset of the different kinds of Nigerians. And the most vocal, ignorant ones are a subset again of all Nairalanders. There are many users that choose not to comment on certain issues, and dwell in the back forums, away from the front page.

Just remember to use words like "some" and "many".
Thanks Meiya, you got the drift.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
BluIvy:

Charity begins at home, foreigner.
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
vdGeist:

Blog? SMH you can't even put up a credible source.
This thread is dead and reeks of hypocrisy. I shouldn't have revived it.

Biitch is inferior. She would rather claim SAfrican that BATSwanna. grin
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by komekn(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
The meal of Honesty, Truth, Transparency and Integrity are mostly omitted from the menu of the Nigerian government and painfully society at large.

We prefer the menu of Impunity , Misappropriation, Over inflation and Sycophancy instead.

I cry 4Naija

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
BluIvy. The will call u names for saying the truth

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
komekn:
The meal of Honesty, Truth, Transparency and Integrity are mostly omitted from the menu of the Nigerian government and painfully society at large.

We prefer the menu of Impunity , Misappropriation, Over inflation and Sycophancy instead.

I cry 4Naija

Were u hyd
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Largas:

Blog? SMH you can't even put up a credible source.
This thread is dead and reeks of hypocrisy. I shouldn't have revived it.

Biitch is inferior. She would rather claim SAfrican that BATSwanna. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy, I know, its bitter but necessary!
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by stan241(m): 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
When are you all Going to stop trying to be politically correct and straight up accuse the section of Nigeria where it seems criminality is embedded in their genes? That Plus the practice of a fake brand of Christianity by this group which they have succeeded in polluting the Southwest with...

Even in South Africa, when a crime is committed by a Nigerian it's always usually by this same group. Then they start screaming "marginalization" at their hosts. It's about time the North, West and other parts of the South South call their bluff in its entirety if they really want change in their country.
Im sorry but you sir is a religious bigot and tribalist

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ibnsultan:
BluIvy. The will call u names for saying the truth

I know and don't give a dammn. As long as I have passed the message and did the world a favour. cool
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
BluIvy:

I know and don't give a dammn. As long as I have passed the message and did the world a favour. cool
Aint there fault the are product of Nigeria's failed education system that was deliberately destroyed to make our youths blind followerz

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
BluIvy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy, I know, its bitter but necessary!
grin I like you though. Mind if we get along?
Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by oluamid(m): 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
BluIvy:

I really tire for you people. Truly Nigeria is light years behind SA in everything, including brains!

Bia Op, can you remove the above quote from your initially submission? Also, saying "you people" shows a tactlessness and condescending tone which is completely at variance with the rest of your post. I'll have you know that the number of Nigerians who are "light years away" from South Africa in terms of "everything including brains" are even more than the whole S.A population.

Having said that, I absolutely agree with the rest of your post, there are many Nigerians (and they are in the majority) who are equally miffed by the lack of decorum recently displayed by the government and her clueless (paid?) supporters who see everything in black and white. Immediately you criticize you are termed a hater of transformation, a Boko Haram apologist or a jihadist bent on Islamizing the country.

Thankfully, February 14, 2015 is just a few months away. I have just one vote but I'm definitely going to make it count. I implore every Nigerian reading this to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! by miquelon(m): 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
I usually don't comment (too much tribal/regional/......bashing.. but i'd like to think the bulk of nigerians are more informed and to be honest not a representation of our govt. Unlike the world sees, we do know right from wrong, but what incentive do you have to do right when wrong acts are rewarded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Top Nigeria Politicians Who Lost Their Pooling Unit. / Photo: Death By Country In Saudi Tragedy. / ECOBANK Might Have Crashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.