Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola (27447 Views)

Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK / Jang Plans World-class Hospital To Check Foreign Medical Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by adrelanine: 4:59am On Oct 09, 2014
The spread of the Ebola Virus Disease to the United States and some European countries has forced many Nigerian travellers to cancel their flights to some of the affected countries.

This is even as health and immigration officials at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos have been ordered to properly screen passengers coming into the country from the affected countries.

The European countries of Spain and Norway have recorded cases of Ebola, with medical workers outside a hospital in Spain protesting over suspected cases of the disease.

Investigation by our correspondent revealed that some passengers billed to travel from Nigeria had been cancelling their flights over renewed fears of the deadly disease.

Mrs. Tope Philips, who was booked to travel on Delta Air flight to the US on Monday, cancelled the booking and opted to go to a Far East country for her vacation.

“Ebola is very deadly and it is better to stay away and prevent it as much as possible. I will go to the Far East, maybe Jordan or Qatar, for my annual vacation and visit the US maybe next year. It is too dicey to take a risk now,” she said.

Another passenger, Mr. Wilson Johnson, a Nigerian based in Ghana, said he had postponed his business trip to the US till December.

“Thank God I am in a position to shelve the meeting. I cannot go now because my wife also called me from Accra, advising me not to go to the US now. They may not be as serious there as the Nigerian government that took charge of the Ebola situation,” Johnson said.

An official of Delta Airlines, who gave her name as Marylyn Thomas, told our correspondent that since Ebola hit the US, some passengers had rescheduled or cancelled their flights.

“It is becoming a serious issue and I think everyone is trying to be careful since the news broke out. Already, some passengers are showing serious concerns and some have gone as far as cancelling or rescheduling their flights,” Thomas said.

Sources at the Aviation ministry and the Port Health Authority told our correspondent on Wednesday that officials had been told to intensify the screening process of people arriving from countries with reported cases of the EVD.

An official of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, who did not want to be quoted, confirmed the development and told our correspondent that it was important not to take chances in the light of current happenings in the United States, Spain and Norway.

“We just have to be careful to prevent any possible spillover since people come in from all parts of the world. We are battle ready to intensify screening and prevent any case in Lagos and Nigeria generally,” he said.

An official of the Port Health Authority, who gave her name as Mrs. Esther Awoyemi, said officials had been kept on alert and that checks had been intensified since the fresh case of the EVD was reported in the US.

She said, “As you are aware, the confirmed patient in US is dead. We have been instructed to take special care, especially with incoming passengers from the affected countries; and now, we are to be cautious of European and US passengers.

“The ministry does not want a reoccurrence of what happened here a few months back; some countries are beginning to look up to us for strategies on how to contain the disease; so, we have to do everything to ensure that we do not have fresh cases.”

Source:http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-passengers-cancel-us-europe-trips-over-ebola/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by eleojo23: 5:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Just some weeks ago, it was the opposite. In life, no condition is permanent, whether good or bad.
That's why no one should look down on those experiencing bad times because you never know when it will be your turn.
Ebola has now become a global problem but I believe this too shall pass.

143 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by jacabi(m): 5:25am On Oct 09, 2014
I wish this virus never exist. It has now become universal problem. May it never find it way back to nigeria.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by InwehAkpevwe(m): 5:30am On Oct 09, 2014
Prevention is better than cure...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by ddooskie(m): 5:31am On Oct 09, 2014
What goes around...

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Dahmum(f): 5:31am On Oct 09, 2014
grin Dis isnt funny at all. Hunters now beign HUNTED

jacabi:
I wish this virus never exist. It has now become universal problem. May it never find it way back to nigeria.

AMEN

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Akalia(m): 5:32am On Oct 09, 2014
Lol, our time to do shakara for them red necks

32 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by otijah(m): 5:32am On Oct 09, 2014
Its good too, make we form small after all we are Ebola free.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by 2legit2qwt: 5:33am On Oct 09, 2014
Nigerians cancel trips to America and Europe over Ebola?? You're kidding right? Or is this some sort of news satire?

If it's real then I doubt if these people seriously have visas to the listed countries.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by omenka(m): 5:33am On Oct 09, 2014
This is equivalent to saying: "Donald Trump, Fvck You, with knobs on!!"
grin

34 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Ahmed0336(m): 5:33am On Oct 09, 2014
Everybody wan go heaven, Nobody wanna DIE.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Gboliwe: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Tables turning much. grin

Ghana had to ban flights from the giant of Africa, Nigerians now find travelling to US and UK unattractive.

This life na turn by turn. I hope we as a country can make the most of this opportunity.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Seriously[center][/center]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by ifoundmyperfect: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Make we get separate check in point for americans. Ebola don enter dia obodo. We can't risk them bringing the virus to our beloved obodo wey we don sanctify

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 09, 2014
Dry
Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by siraj1402(m): 5:37am On Oct 09, 2014
So the rich also cry?Ori n fiyo se yeye nigba tojo n to,ori o mo pe oorun bo ti yioo ko ohun logbo.Let them use there pesticides they were planning to give us then.#Nigeriansisasolutiontoherproblem

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by DjAndroid: 5:37am On Oct 09, 2014
I love this news. grin grin grin let there be deliberate screening of the people from those two places before they are allowed into Naija.

First: all of them are suspects; therefore quarantine anyone from US or UK. Then screen them one by one grin grin grin grin the Minister of Health should go to the media and warn Nigerians not to travel to US or UK because they have Ebola. grin grin grin grin grin

It's our time to discriminate against them too.
Nonsense people.

I love my country jare! !!!

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 09, 2014
This is serious o..this virus just dey kill morale and burning off the atmosphere. Things are not even as lively as it used to be again. I seriously wish this virus never existed. By the way, imagine nigerians saying they don't wanna travel to the USA because of ebola..that's kinda funny but let them say the truth, they don't have Visas.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by livingstoneony(m): 5:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Now this is nice...
Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 09, 2014
...lol....This is funny....

....Am sure they ll overcome it......They have really nice and experienced medical experts.......

..Now they ll understand how it feels to stigmatize a country and its people......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by bigwallace(m): 5:39am On Oct 09, 2014
I pray dis ebola of a thing won't find is way back to nigeria,after we sucessfully contained it,nd I hope oda affected countries wil find a lasting solution to dis menace!!let's say no to ebola globally

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by ElekeNtioba: 5:40am On Oct 09, 2014
useless posturing!.....doin shakara for countries with d most advanced healthcare system and where d chances of an epidemic are next to impossible whereas the place they are living narrowly escaped a major disaster.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 09, 2014
funny! Why not just go to obudu ranch or any of d oda sweet places in nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by ElekeNtioba: 5:43am On Oct 09, 2014
adrelanine:
if seun catch you? You knw say she dey vex onto the false alllegations against her about linda ikeji's blog!!

did seun undergo sex-change ?

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by bist: 5:43am On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 09, 2014
OK hmm
Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by SurePresident: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2014
ok
Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by Dominionng(m): 5:44am On Oct 09, 2014
“The ministry does not want a reoccurrence of what happened here a few months back; some countries are beginning to look up to us for strategies on how to contain the disease; so, we have to do everything to ensure that we do not have fresh cases.”

"They may not be as serious there as the Nigerian government that took charge of the Ebola situation,” Johnson said

Ebola down! Boko Haram, Corruption and Unemployment to go...

There is hope for my country NIGERIA!

I BELIEVE!!!

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Passengers Cancel Us,europe Trips Over Ebola by EternalBeing: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Ebola is from the devil! It started spreading faster through sex from a very promisquous region of Liberia. Everything that GOD created is good, but devil knows he has a very short time so he is trying every means to give man sorrow and use troubles to make men to worship him so that they can roast with him in hellfire. All Glory to GOD for he has deposited the Solutions into HIS Chilren, the Book of Roman 9:19-22 "The world groans and earnestly awaiting the manifestation of Children of GOD" Unfortunately, most of these awaited Great Men are rather lusting away, wasting their lives chasing girls and materialism, intead of disovering their Glorious Destinies. "Do u know how many thousands of beautiful girls from around the world started chasing Ben Carlson after he separated the siamese twins?! Remember David? Remember Daniel? Remember Joseph?!" This was the exact voice I heard that made me stop chasing girls, now they chase me but I'm too focused for that. 10,000 ladies started shouting David's name immediately he killed Goliat. Joseph prevented starvation n became a SuperStar, u don't even need to be a Pastor before fulfilling ur Glorious Destiny. The great Pharao King begged Joseph to marry his extreemly beautiful daughter because Joseph had discovered himself earlier. He knew wasted time can never be regained, so he focused on impacting his generation for GOD. We all have a "Goliat" we must kill to enter into the fulfilment of our Glorious Destiny. Immediately David killed Goliat, over 10,000 ladies started shouting his name, they even composed a song in his name singing on streets. Paul the King, ensured that David marry his beautiful daughter. Kill your Goliat first, then even Great men, Kings and Presidents would use their daughters to beg you. GOD wants to manifest you not as a Pastor but as a Great Man; you could be the one that would make food cheap in Nigeria, you could be the one that's supposed to bring the solution to tribalism in Nigeria, etc... The Book of Romans 9:19-22 says "The world groans, eanestly awaiting the manifestation of Sons of GOD" U n I refusing to kill our Goliats is why Nigeria is still suffering! Your own Goliat could be smoking, drunkeness, lust for girls etc... Kill ur Goliat, fulfill ur Glorious Destiny and beautiful Princesses would knee to you. So help us GOD IJN.

12 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Male Staff Of Home Best Hotel Die In Their Sleep In Imo / Kenyan Doctors Remove Coin Stuck In Boy's Throat For 2 Weeks (photos) / Residents Donate Blood For Survivors Of Lagos Collapsed Building (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.