Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Yoruba Culture Video Documentary - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Culture Video Documentary (2950 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / Oruko Amutorunwa (generic Names In Yoruba Culture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Culture Video Documentary by Sabere: 2:19am On Aug 01, 2006
For those who may be interested, we have just completed the production of our documentary on Yoruba culture.

You can watch the documentary by clicking on the hyperlink copied below:
http://www.abeokuta.org/Isomo.html

Please note that you will need a high speed broadband internet connection in order to view the documentary successfully.

Many thanks!
Re: Yoruba Culture Video Documentary by pilgrim1(f): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2007
A welcome development! Applause.

We should all try and promote our cultures. The world needs to understand Nigeria from Nigerians themselves instead of leaving it to non-Nigerians to tell us who we are, and what we're about!

While we're waiting for similar productions from our brothers - Igbos, Hausas, Kanuris, Ibibio, Nupe, Efik, Ijaw, etc., - perhaps it might be helpful for us to talk about some of the unique cultures that identify us in this thread. I'm aware that soe threads have already been created precisely for Ibo discussions; but perhaps we could read more here from our eastern brothers to make others understand them better. Afterall, na Bible talk say, wise men came from the east!

As for the Hausas of the 'north', I get word for una sef. But for now, let's all talk about our unique cultures.

Nigeria, for me, is a GREAT country with a wealth of great things!
Re: Yoruba Culture Video Documentary by davidif: 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2007
Thanks for the documentary we need more of this. By the way what is the ministry of tourism and culture doing? instead of promoting our native cultures and subsidizing our ethnic (local) musicians, they are busy embezzling money. If i were the minister, i would make sure that it must be necessary for you to pass two Nigerian language courses in order to get into college. Also, since Nigeria has 250 ethnic groups, i would make sure that each state or each LGA or zone in that state should enforce the teaching of the dominant language in primary and secondary schools of that region so that our ancient cultures don't go extinct (e.g teaching Nupe and Igbira in Kwara state and Kogi State). Also, i would promote (through the media) emphasis on our native culture and put a quota on pirated movies (most of them western movies), and ban second hand clothes from the western world this would help the local textile industry in producing more native clothes. Also, i would ban or limit foreign music on the airwaves. It would also help if we do an American Idol kind of competition for the best native band, this would definitely encourage our local artistes.
Re: Yoruba Culture Video Documentary by AkedeOba(m): 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2008
Please bring this discussion to the new Yorubaland web site at www.yorubaland.org
Re: Yoruba Culture Video Documentary by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 01, 2008
nice documentary. . . but why is the presenter trying to sound american? that messed it up

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Put A Name On This Yoruba Attire? / Where Was Your Placenta Buried? / Check Out This Yoruba Words For A Glutton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.