Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Meet The World's Youngest Hacker...just 13-year Old - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet The World's Youngest Hacker...just 13-year Old (2138 Views)

(Baba Ijebu) Kessington Adebutu’s Youngest Wife Unveiled - Photos / 13-year-Old Girl Flees Home With Suspected Lover / A 5-year-old Girl Is World's Youngest Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Youngest Hacker...just 13-year Old by kmanning: 7:41am On Oct 09, 2014

Wang Zhengyang promised not to use his talent for evil and I believe it all has to do with proper orientation. The Chinese teenager became one of the trending topics recently after attending China Internet Security Conference in Beijing as the country’s youngest hacker.

The 13-year-old boy who hacked into school computer system to get answers for his homework, is currently working with Tsinghua University in Beijing, and has developed a public profile in China.‎ Speaking at the conference, the junior student said: ‘You have to attack the websites first to find its weaknesses.’ ‘It is interesting to look for website security risks and I am overwhelmed with joy when I find one. But I will not use my talent for something illegal.’

via: http://www.celebnob.com/meet-worlds-youngest-hacker-just-13-year-old/
Re: Meet The World's Youngest Hacker...just 13-year Old by abdulsamad234: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
Kristoffer von Hassel is the world's youngest hacker and notable for being the youngest "security researcher" listed on Microsoft's Security Techcenter as having exposed a security vulnerability.[1] At the age of 5, von Hassel exposed security lapses in the Microsoft Live Xbox system, prompting wide media coverage, with some journalists highlighting the dropping age of hackers and their technology mastery. Below is the picture of the world's youngest hacker.

Youngest hacker
"I was like ... yeah!" young Kristoffer Von Hassel said to KGTV-10, a CNN affiliate.

Kristoffer's father, Robert Davies, noticed soon after Christmas that his son was logging into his account and playing games that weren't appropriate for his age. When he asked how, Kristoffer showed him a hack that seems simple in retrospect but is fairly impressive considering a 5-year-old found it.

Kristoffer (youngest hacker) would go to his dad's account and type in an incorrect password. That would take him to a password verifications screen, where he would simply tap the space bar repeatedly and then press "enter."

"How awesome is that?" asked Davies, who works in online security himself. "Just being 5 years old and being able to find a vulnerability and latch on to that. I thought that was pretty cool."
He told KGTV that Kristoffer has figured out three or four other "hacks," including getting past the lock on a smartphone by holding down the "home" key for long enough.

Dad reported the vulnerability to Microsoft. And Microsoft acted, issuing a fix for the vulnerability.

xbox hack

"We're always listening to our customers and thank them for bringing issues to our attention," the company said in a written statement. "We take security seriously at Xbox and fixed the issue as soon as we learned about it."

The company has even included Kristoffer's name on a list of security researchers who have helped make online Microsoft products safer.

For his discovery (or, more accurately, for reporting it with his father's help), Kristoffer will receive four games, $50 and a year's subscription to Xbox Live from Microsoft.
Whether a career in computer security awaits remains to be seen.

Please, comment on how you feel about this site and what you want to know more about and i'll post on it specially for you and i'll also put your name in the post. And... oh.. don't forget to subscribe by e-mail and also give us a +1 on google plus. And please share this post "IF" you like the post. Get more tech updates at www.rarbloggers..com

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Maryam Babangida She Was Nigeria's Finest First Lady / Top 10 FANTASTICALLY Corrupt Pastors And Church Members. / Boy Who Turned 12 At 12:12pm On 12/12/12 Labelled The Antichrist (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.