Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Comedy In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comedy In Church (1794 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / COMEDY In The House Of GOD!! What Kind Of Strange Fire Is This? / Todays Comedy In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comedy In Church by searay(m): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2014
Its a pity some ofthe things we have allowed into the
body of Christ globally in the name of finding amusement via comedy.
First of all let me recognise all the
comdians in the world and thank
them all for putting smiles on
people's face, every weekend
families, government officials and
people from different walks of life
find their way to a summit of
laughter, where they can learn.
However I am afraid to say that today's comedy is gradually effecting people's faith, its like most comedians these don't only get their inspiration from the Bible but they twist it in an ungodly way and present it back to the Bible believing Christians in their very domain (church) making jest of God's word while they watch God's children laugh and throw themselves to the ground, I really want to ask how you
my dear reader feels when someone is making fun of the holy spirit before you or twisting certain stories in the Bible to look funny like one of the comedians who told the church how he wished Adam and Eve didn't
eat the fruit so that the entire world will go Unclad for his viewing pleasure, yet the owners of the Bible (believers) sit down and laugh and cheering the comedian with all kinds of Intimate images in their minds in view of what has been said. Let's be careful what we allow into the church for in the days of Jesus, he dealt with the very scribes and pharisees cos they were buying and selling in the temple, Jesus said "my father's house was meant to be a place of prayers but ye have turned it to dens of thieves....". Before you
comment wrongly let me remind
you again that I believe and respect comedians cos its their profession but to some those using their profession to put a black controversial twist on one's faith, you really need to be careful. There are some religions out there if you there make a joke with what they believe, they will hunt you down in the name of Holy war and fighting for their god, Christianity is not a religion, its life divine given to use freely by God that we might remain in constant fellowship with him. If God honours his word more than his
name then why make mockery of
his word, remember the opposite of comedy is T R A G E D Y.

1 Like

Re: Comedy In Church by Ephramed(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2014
Man you dey on point.
Re: Comedy In Church by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 09, 2014
Christianity will forever remain a joke.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Best Christian Movie? / Photo: My Girl Sent Me Invitation For Her Church Night Vigil Tonight / It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.