Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel (6060 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Durban (south Africa) Picture Gallery: South Africa´s Third Largest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by FunkyBoy1: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2008
Durban

Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by FunkyBoy1: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2008
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by FunkyBoy1: 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2008
Durban is so terrible ? Nobody answered or even looked at this thread. What a pity! sad
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by hadexman(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2008
WOW, Its nice to see this pictures, am going to be in durban 25 or 26 of this month, drop me your email and phone number so that we can hook up when i come,
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by RSA(m): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2008
Funky Boy:

Durban is so terrible ? Nobody answered or even looked at this thread. What a pity! sad

I have realised that there are lot of secret admirers,they may not respond but they are planning their trip to Durban grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by hadexman(m): 11:37am On Nov 12, 2008
RSA:

I have realised that there are lot of secret admirers,they may not respond but they are? planning their trip to Durban grin

Why won't people visit it, do we have any place as beautiful as those cities here in 9ja?
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by femigirl(f): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2008
RSA,how are you my friend? I wanted to ask you about an area in SA.

Funky Boy: Are you a travel agent you seem to be posting how good several places are,have you actually been to these places then? undecided
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by hadexman(m): 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2008
femigirl:

Funky Boy: Are you a travel agent you seem to be posting how good several places are,have you actually been to these places then? undecided

Am very sure the guy is there.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by Angelheart: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2008
RSA,  I will be in Durban in December.  You know what they call it moes: 'Gauteng's playground'. Closer to us.  Sho!! I can't wait.  Forget Cape Town. I need the sun man. This country is wearing me down now!!

Yoh! Ke bone Milady's in one of those pics. Ah ah aha, I miss SA. Its difficult to get clothing designed for some on us who are curvylicious here. Noh! I have to come home for a bit. Nka lapa!!
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2008
I go die oooo. Una dey kill me with this picture. Just wish i could enter into that country through my laptop.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by nedujizzy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2008
SA is cool, has it ever snowed in SA before,am curious.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2008
Oh boy, you get time to dey upload all this pictures here. I hope you are not breaking copyright infringement.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by RSA(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
Angelheart:

RSA, I will be in Durban in December. You know what they call it moes: 'Gauteng's playground'. Closer to us. Sho!! I can't wait. Forget Cape Town. I need the sun man. This country is wearing me down now!!

Yoh! Ke bone Milady's in one of those pics. Ah ah aha, I miss SA. Its difficult to get clothing designed for some on us who are curvylicious here. Noh! I have to come home for a bit. Nka lapa!!

I will be in Durban as well,Gauteng's playground watseba.And you know gore durbs music currently ya rocka.Milady?hahahaah,ke shop ya diaparo neh?
Come home my babe re tlo rocka but make sure you go back to finnish your studies we need scientists.

femigirl:

Femigirl I am good my babe,kea rocka(means cool in SA) ask me about that area.
Naija-Msanzi Rocks.If you've got money and a visa hoza(come) durban.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by femigirl(f): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2008
RSA,
I am good my dear brother, i have visa to go anywere in world I be God child, lol. I have visa that not a issue. What is the nearest Airport to Durban then? To come staight to SA from UK, the cheapest flight i can find is like £613, the airline dont understand there a credit crunch now wa. I need to pop to Ghana first, is there directly flight from Ghana to South Africa do you know?The area I am tryin to find out about is called Midrand what that location saying?
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by whatever90(f): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
southafrica is d last country i'll visit not to talk of living in

d name alone can transfer their AIDS to you sharp sharp grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by tope2000(f): 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2008
whatever90:

grin grin grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by MrCrackles(m): 11:47pm On Nov 20, 2008
whatever90:

Haba Danke

You don dey stir bee nest again oo!

MPELE and RSA would come out blazing on all cylinders grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by whatever90(f): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2008
MrCrackles:

Haba Danke

You don dey stir bee nest again oo!

MPELE and RSA would come out blazing on all cylinders grin

ahhh my love wetin i do naaaaa grin grin grin grin u no know sa S.A na d head quarters of AIDS shocked SHEESH NO SAY I TELL U ANYTHING OOOO lipsrsealed
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by MrCrackles(m): 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2008
whatever90:

ahhh my love wetin i do naaaaa grin grin grin grin u no know sa S.A na d head quarters of AIDS shocked SHEESH NO SAY I TELL U ANYTHING OOOO lipsrsealed

Na true you talk

HIV virus multiplies quicker in RSA grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by whatever90(f): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2008
MrCrackles:

Na true you talk

one of my friends lives in S.A ,d girl don come visit me twice,but me never go there,by d time i think of d AIDS wey fit follow person just by breathing in their air for airport,my heart dey shake grin grin grin

naaa i still get hubby and kids to take care off
grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by tope2000(f): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
make una no kill me laughter tonite abeg grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by RSA(m): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2008
By spending sometime on this forum I've learned that not all Nigerians are intelligent,I go no wori about you pippo,I gon pray for you bastards,all the ashawo's w .Having said that bigup to all the true Naija pippo who have love and respect for other and who appreciate and proud of success of their brothas everywhere
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by hadexman(m): 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2008
RSA:

By spending sometime on this forum I've learned that not all Nigerians are intelligent,I go no wori about you pippo,I gon pray for you bastards,all the ashawo's w .Having said that bigup to all the true Naija pippo who have love and respect for other and who appreciate and proud of success of their brothas everywhere

What the Bleep is this guy talking about? I guess you are sick upstairs!!!
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by hadexman(m): 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
MrCrackles:

Na true you talk

You wan go dey Bleep girls for there Na wa for you ooo guy
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by malaika(f): 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2008
::
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by RSA(m): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2008
hadexman:

What the mess is this guy talking about? I guess you are sick upstairs!!!

Iam trying to explain this in the language you understand better tongue

Mailaka my sista thank you for cooling me down,Durban rock,Gauteng's playgound.

malaika:

I'll say I'm from Namibia to avoid the backlash lol PEACE
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by Angelheart: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2008
Malaika and RSA, leave these haters a beg. Most of these Naijas in the forum are plain stupid. They dont know how to argue or praise. Everytime SA is mentioned, they will counter-act by talking about AIDS and crime. Ba tlohele. Rena re ja JOY to the core. Just by seeing these Durbs pics, they become jealous and envious. Monna, kere I went to Lagos and man was I SHOKED!!! Roads have potholes all over, hills in the middle of the road, the buildings are dirty and mouldy. You can even count the number of traffic lights they have. The beach is downright dirty! Ashewo don finnish! Their only pride ke VI and Lekki. Moreover ABUJA!! Yet they have the liver to call themselves thh 'GIANT of AFRICA). They will talk about Ikeja, Festac town, etc but shit, that place is ugly.

Come to SA, we have Durban, PE, Cape Town, Pretoria, Rustenburg (Sun City), Entertainment galore!!
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by morpheus24: 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2008
Angelheart:

Malaika and RSA, leave these haters a beg. Most of these Naijas in the forum are plain stupid. They don't know how to argue or praise. Everytime SA is mentioned, they will counter-act by talking about AIDS and crime. Ba tlohele. Rena re ja JOY to the core. Just by seeing these Durbs pics, they become jealous and envious. Monna, kere I went to Lagos and man was I SHOKED!!! Roads have potholes all over, hills in the middle of the road, the buildings are dirty and mouldy. You can even count the number of traffic lights they have. The beach is downright dirty! Ashewo don finnish! Their only pride ke VI and Lekki. Moreover ABUJA!! Yet they have the liver to call themselves thh 'GIANT of AFRICA). They will talk about Ikeja, Festac town, etc but shit, that place is ugly.

Come to SA, we have Durban, PE, Cape Town, Pretoria, Rustenburg (Sun City), Entertainment galore!!

I keep suspecting this girl is married to a Naija
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by morpheus24: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2008
Angelheart:

Na ya peopel build am. Even look at all the names of the places!
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by RSA(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2008
morpheus24:

Na ya peopel build am. Even look at all the names of the places!

Yes we did,and we are continuing building and maintaining our cities tongue

Honestly speaking now I've realised that South Africans are the only Africans who do what they preach,we work and yet we are called lazy by people who cant make any difference in their own country.
All our cities,roads,rails,airport and every thing beautiful in my country was and is build by us,blacks no labour forces where imported.Did you know that even in aapartheid blacks where paying even more taxes than whites?which means we did not only physically build our country's infrustructures but we paid for it.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by morpheus24: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2008
RSA:

Yes we did,and we are continuing building and maintaining our cities tongue

Honestly speaking now I've realised that South Africans are the only Africans who do what they preach,we work and yet we are called lazy by people who can't make any difference in their own country.
All our cities,roads,rails,airport and every thing beautiful in my country was and is build by us,blacks no labour forces where imported.Did you know that even in aapartheid blacks where paying even more taxes than whites?which means we did not only physically build our country's infrustructures but we paid for it.

Bro, Please accept reality. Every capitalist society needs a labour/slave class to sustain itslef. Which is why the first settlers in the cape (Van reibeck) started importing slaves into the cape from malay,mozambique,india and as far as Malawi. They started the construction of buildings, roads, farm labour and so on till it was swarped for labour from local surrounding ethnic groups.

Yes you built it but You did not control it. There is a difference. I don't want to scartch up old apartheid wounds cause I understand it sensitive nature but lets call a spade a spade. We can keep going on about whose cities are better Nigeria of SA but the reality is it is all relative.
Re: Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2013
@Morpheus
Let me school u bro 1st black African slaves brought to Cape Town were brought in 1658 and they numbered 158 West Africans from Benin and 200 Angolans. These worked in some farms and their generation died out due to sickness and few ran away to inland close by tribes like the Xhosas who lived in the nearby PE area.

The colonisers brought in Mozambiquens who also did the same ran away and then the colonisers were scared of a revolution that be sparked by slaves who ran away example they feared that they might come back with big the big number of local blacks and outnumber whites and kill them. They then decided to bring in ASIANS(Malays,Indians,Indonasians etc..).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mexico Visa From Nigeria / My Experience At The Indian Consular Lagos / Am Moving To Senegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.